“New big rooms perfect for young families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Perth

You added Fraser Suites Perth to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 20% off
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“New big rooms perfect for young families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you don't mind dishing out a small fortune for a generous sized room in East Perth, this place is quite suitable. Located along the main thoroughfare of Adelaide Terrace, it is a couple of miles from the heart of St George's Terrace, but very accessible to the various highways linking the major attractions in Perth.

Rooms are new and nicely appointed. We had a 8 month old baby so the carpeted floors and well upholstered furniture helped mitigate worries of home accidents.

Service was the let down though. While the general feel of the place is quite five star, the attentiveness of the staff was not.

It could also be a teething issue when we visited a month after launch, but we found the Aircon quite ineffective, and the nights under the winter down duvet was quite uncomfortable.

Overall it was a good place and we had a decent visit. Value wise not so great though.

• Stayed November 2012
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear darre77,
Thank you for taking the time to pen your overall staying experience with us for your stay in November 2012.
I am delighted to know that you and family had enjoyed the facilities and offer no excuses for the highlighted service shortcomings at the onset.
Do let me know of your next intended stay and I am sure that we have managed to address the teething issues.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I took advantage of a sale on booking.com and got a room for half price. I was very excited to stay at Fraser Suites for my birthday weekend and was not disappointed. Check in was easy with the person behind the desk advising us about all parking details etc. We went straight up to our room which was spotlessly clean and immaculate and very well appointed. Everything is new and it shows. There was enough space, a spacious bathroom, small kitchenette area and large window. We were on the 10th floor and would have had a perfect view of the WACA if it had not been for a part of the building jutting out and obstructing the view...much to my partners disappointment as he could not watch the cricket :-)
I even received a complimentary cake in the fridge as it was my birthday which was a lovely touch! And the cake was delicious :-)
Breakfast served in the restaurant downstaris was fantastic, plenty to choose from with cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cheese and continental meats, a sweet slice, plus the hot food of sausages, eggs, bacon and hash browns. The food was delicious!
The 11am check out was excellent.
My only tiny miniscule complaint was that the pillows were a little too high / firm for my liking...and I generally like high pillows! But the fact that there were two each was great as most hotels only provide one and sometimes not even an extra one on request so two pillows was great.
I would stay here for a special occasion as the prices are high (though you definitely get what you pay for!)
Excellent relaxed stay :-) Thank you to Josephine for her correspondence before our stay she was extremely helpful :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear courts_b88,
Thank you for posting your recent stay experience and I am glad to know that you and your partner have had a delightful stay for the very special occasion.
We will definitely look into our pillows that you have highlighted. In your next stay, do ask for our pillow menu as we have 5 other pillow types to chose from.
I will certainly convey your appreciation to Josephine who made that all important call so that we know of the special occasion.
Certainly look forward to having you with us next and if you may need a view of the WACA, do let me know and we will get that organised.
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been staying at Fraser Suites for business since they opened late year. This new hotel provides high quality accommodation and facilities, is easily accessible to the CBD via car or public transport and well located for any travel to and from meetings or restaurants around metropolitan Perth. Service is steadily improving week by week across the board, with my personal satisfaction rating varying from ordinary to good. Staff appear to still be in training and levels of service standards vary broadly. The restaurant has a long way to go, with the food being a long way from what one would expect in a 5 Star accommodation. I dislike being charged $10 for room service, particularly when the restaurant is all but empty and it would be better to eat in my room than in an empty restaurant. The sales executive looking after my account is oustanding and provides exceptional and genuine high level customer service.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher rooms as they are quieter and afford good views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Len S ,
Above all, thank you ever so much for your continued patronage.
We are indeed appreciative of your candid and constructive comments. I will definitely own them and review together with the team in our strife for constant improvement.
Appreciate your special mentions on our Sales associate. I am confident that they will continue to ensure that you and your colleagues' requirement for each stay will be looked into.
We look forward to your next visit and do feel free to let us know how we may assist in any way.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for business. Although not particularly close to the main CBD banking centre, the free buses to the city centre right at the front door make up for this. The reception was pleasant, efficient and welcoming. Hotel is almost brand new (months old) so everything is clean and new.

The rooms are spacious and well-appointed although the room wasn't serviced one day so they need to ensure their house-keeping roster is checked and each room is serviced by the end of the day (part of the growing pains for a new hotel). Amenities are excellent, staff are helpful and friendly and the hotel is doing a tremendous effort to impress new business.

I will be happy to stay here again. The restaurant service is a little slow but it is well worth the wait - go for the beef fillet - one of the best I have had and a credit to their chef! Well done!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear DaveEmma09,
Thank you for taking the time to pen your staying experience and candid comments. Certainly a delight to know that you have had a pleasant stay.
Well noted on the comments on Houseskeeping and Restaurant. I will definitely take it back to the team in view of constant improvement.
We look forward to your return patronage.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had booked to stay at the Fraser Suites Perth in late October 2012, for 5 nights.

Upon arrival at approximately 2.45pm, we were told our room was not ready and to "go for a walk". We were not happy about this, as we had just arrived after a long flight and were very tired. On returning at 3.30pm, we were told our room was still not ready. There were quite a few other people in the reception area waiting as well. At 4.30pm we were finally told our room was ready and could book in. We were not impressed when they wanted to put $500 on our credit card. As we had already paid for the room, and enquired what this was for, the reply was that it was normal hotel policy and is for "incidentals". Not agreeing with this, we were then told because we had booked through a hotel booking website, we may not have enough money to cover any incidentals that may need to be paid for. We were spoken to in a rude and intimidating manner and by this stage felt like cancelling the booking, but being late and very tired, did not feel like looking for other accommodation.

The room itself was nice with a good view to the city and river. Although on opening the window, it was very noisy as we faced the main road. The kitchenette lacked basic things like a toaster, small plates and cereal bowls. There was also no milk in the fridge, and only a few teabags. If you did want to eat in the room, there was only one very uncomfortable chair and a very small table. There was no paperwork at all, e.g. giving information on the hotel (restaurant etc.),Perth itself, or any emergency numbers.

The bathroom, even though quite modern, lacked space to put toiletries etc. (only one small shelf). Nowhere to put clothing when you have a shower etc.

The housekeeping was a disaster. During our 5 day stay the room was never cleaned till after 4.30 or 5.00pm. Even then it was only half done, with tea bags not being replaced, towels in the bathroom not being changed, bins not being emptied, and soap (including our own personal soap) taken away and never replaced.

Even though it only opened a couple of weeks before we stayed, we felt they were not at all prepared properly and certainly should have been more organised with better trained staff.

As we were travelling around WA and had also booked Fraser Suites for our return to Perth, we cancelled our booking with them and found much better (with no credit card payments required for "incidentals"), friendly and clean accommodation closer to the city centre.

We would certainly never stay at Fraser Suites Perth again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Rhondda47.
Thank you ever so much for providing your comments and feedback on your recent stay.
It saddens me to hear that you did not have a good stay with us.
I would like to own all that you have highlighted and without offering any excuses, hope that you book through my office and provide us with an opportunity to make amends.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for 7 days with my family. Will list out both the pluses and minuses of this newly opened hotel.

Pluses:
*Since it was the holiday season, it was really quiet. Our concerned before of this hotel being in the middle of the city and noisy, we did not experience and it was good.
*Love the spa pool, size was big enough and the bubble pressure was nice and strong. We always went during night time when it was quiet so we can have it all to ourselves.
*Free internet for all our devices throughout our stay there.

Minuses:
*We have to ask for complimentary water everyday because room service did not automatically refill every time they cleaned the room
*My biggest complain is during the last day of check out, we were just organizing our luggages and getting everything out of the rooms. And since we have two rooms and all of us gathered in one room and we all left our stuff in the other room and when we tried to entered the other room, our room card has already been deactivated, I looked at the time and it was 11.50 am. I have read on previous trip advisor's reviewer about this matter but I did not really pay attention to it until i experienced it myself. We have stayed in many 5 star world class International hotels all around the world and the standard of check-out or room card de-activation is at least minimum by 12 pm or many are even very generous about it. When I tried to voice my dissatisfaction to front desk, the lady tried to defend herself or the hotel by saying normally they will de-activate room card at 10 am, but instead they have been very generous by extending to 11 am. By acclaiming that Fraser Suites are 5 star international hotel, I think they still need to up the service standard by knowing that a hotel is all about services and when guests are complaining, the first thing they should do is at least listen (I wasn't even expecting for an apologize) to any critics they get because those are the things that makes them improve or better.

Overall, I might not stay in this hotel until they have improve on their service standard. I understand the hotel is still relatively new, but they definitely still need a lot of room to improve.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the road. We had the one facing WACA and was really quiet especially during C...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear pkelly990,
I cannot thank you enough for surfacing this so that I could review it with my team in view of improvement.
Regards to the room keys. Guests could still access to the rooms at 1pm without having to renew their room keys. I do apologise if our staff have not been able to deal with your situation appropriately.
Do let me know of your next intended stay and we will ensure that you will have a more pleasant overall experience with us.
Mount Magnet, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Service was outstanding, there were major hiccups on check in, but we were upgraded and given free drinks as compensation. There was also some mix ups with our room service and our breakfast each day! However this has not negatively influenced my review as every effort was made by the staff to rectify each situation. The buffet breakfast was overpriced at $35, there was no choice of eggs (scrambled only) and the coffee was cold. We did have lunch (a-la-carte) and that was very good. Would stay again at the price we paid. Views to river were spectacular.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear melissakim8,
Much appreciate your constructive comments posted on your recent stay with us.
We will review the check-in process and definitely, breakfast selection. Good to know that you enjoyed the lunch.
Do let me know of your next intended stay and I'd be delighted meet with you and prehaps impress you on the improvements.

Best regards.

Been to Fraser Suites Perth? Share your experiences!