“Going the Extra Mile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Perth

You added Fraser Suites Perth to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Offers & Announcements
Frasers Summer Fun
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Sinapore
“Going the Extra Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed in Fraser Suites for 4 nights from 8 Dec, after deciding to check out this hotel after reading about some opening promotions. I had an awesome experience where staff went the extra mile to ensure my stay was comfortable. Would like to compliment Natasha Seymour for offering tremendous assistance during my stay. Even emailing me before my arrival and on my departure to wish me a pleasant flight.

Kudos to the General Manager, Bernard , who came to meet me personally to ensure I was taken care of.

This is definately recommended to anyone . It was also pleasant to know that internet was not chargeable. Will stay here again on my next trip.

Keep it up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Jktourist,
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to pen your appreciation.
It was absolutely a delight to have you and family with us in Perth and to have met you in person.
Natasha was absolutely thrilled by your special mentions and I am sure that it will go a long way for her and motivate her to do even more at her role.
Appreciate your kind recommendations and certainly look forward to recieving you again.
Best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at Fraser's suites in October. I had made a mental note to pack my Mac's cable that was plugged into the plug point before I vacated the room as I was using my laptop last minute before I left.

As things turned out, I forgot to unplug my cable and pack it in after packing my laptop. It was only at the airport that I recalled that I hadnt packed in my cable. We called the hotel to inform them of this and were told that housekeeping would be informed of this and 'if it were found, it would be retained for us to pick up'. When we called back again to check on the status, we were told that 'nothing was found' by housekeeping. Sad that this was their response !

The breakfast was ridiculously priced so I gave it a miss, the pool was pathetically small and the bathroom was badly designed as there was no counter place to put any of the toiletries around the sink unless you used the cupboard above which wasnt so convenient!

On three occasions my door swipe card didnt work and I had to keep going back to the reception to get a new one!

Room Tip: Check if there is any construction work around the hotel room and breakfast rates and facilities as...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear NiveditaRawal,
It was indeed unfortunate that we were not able to locate the foresaid items that you have left behind after checked out. I have inquired into this and have not been able to locate the Mac power cable at our lost and found items.
Indeed regretful to hear that you did not appreciate the breakfast and indoor heated pool. As for the space for toiletries, I am not sure if you may be aware that there are shelving at the vanity mirror that houses the hair-dryer. Alternatively, other possible space would be at our amenities tray directly ontop of the sink.
Admittingly, we did have some opportunities with our door card readers and it have since been rectified.
I would like to see if I may may meet with you in your next visit to Perth.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I recently stayed at Fraser Suites while attending a conference at the Perth Convention Centre. M wife and I stayed a total of five nights and stayed in a one-bedroom executive suite on the third floor.

Best features: brand new, nice pool/gym/hot-tub, fully functional kitchenette with microwave and dishwasher, two flat screen TVs with good channel selection, full size Fisher & Paykel washer/dryer, quality linens, nice shower and tub, spacious living area with terrace, access to transport - lots of buses run down Adelaide Terrace and they are free!

Downside: Expensive wifi ($35 a day I believe) although I used my own prepaid wifi device, limited space for clothes in bedroom with 2 people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear SteveOz1967,
Delighted to hear that both you and your wife had enjoyed the facilities and location.
Well noted on the comments on wardrobe space. We do have other 1-Bedroom apartment options and one of which would be a walk-in, "his and hers" wardrobe.
Our internet and Wi-Fi facilities are free and I am confident that you have not been charged. We boast to be one of the only accommodation that offers this on a complimentary basis to all of our guests. We have 2 i-Mac terminals at the lobby for guest use as well.
Do let me know of your next visit and I'd be delighted to show you some options for the apartments.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've just stayed 4 nights at Fraser Suites Perth. If you haven't worked it out, Perth has some of the most overpriced hotels in the world from a mining boom induced hotel shortage. Most 5 star hotels here are either in desperate need of a makeover, or dreadfully overpriced for a modern look.

Located on the outskirts of the CBD, I was concerned that the hotel was in an inconvenient location, but it is actually a huge help to be able to bypass the traffic quagmire of the central city streets. It's easy to get to the trendy beaches & Fremantle by car, and the busy restaurants & bars of Highgate are a few minutes drive away.

Fraser Suites is a lovely boutique property with nice views over the Swan River & WACA cricket ground. Rooms are hotel luxe in style. Our entry level room on the 7th floor is quiet, light & bright, & quite spacious. The bathroom is well designed with a great shower & plenty of storage.

The room has a microwave, sink & bar fridge. The king size bed is comfy & 2 types of pillows will suit most sleepers.

My only feedback on the room is that the large cupboards could do with some drawer space for better unpacking & more hangers.

Service has been unobtrusive & helpful. We didn't use the gym or pool, but they look good.

The lobby is lovely, but the lobby restaurant probably needs a rethink. The buffet dinner looked underwhelming, & the food smells greet you from the front door (overpoweringly) I think it would be better to have a european style cafe with top quality coffee being pumped out by a top barista.

Fraser Suites is very new & punches well above it's weight. I come to Perth several times a year & will definitely be back here from now on.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Foodiespy99,
Certainly very heartening to read of your overall staying experience.
Do let me know your next intended visit and I hope to meet with you for a drink and discussion.

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We are staying in this new facility which opened for business in October 2012. The suites are nicely laid out and fairly comfortable. However there is no point having good accommodation that is not matched by a similar level service.

The breakfast came with the room charge and so is "free" whereas the charge otherwise would be $35 per head. For that the variety is good but service poor - there are only two staff looking after a room full of people so the fruits,bread and butter do not get replenished, orders for coffee take over half an hour, etc. If one is planning to have a leisurely breakfast with plenty of time at hand then it is fine however if one is running short of time say 15 - 20 minutes for breakfast then I would go to a cafe nearby. Till the time the hotel has more staff serving at breakfast time the quality of service will not change.

Trying to ring for service from inside the hotel is another problem. Milk was not replaced in the room by the housekeeping staff so rang for housekeeping on the internal phone. I got an answering machine with the call not being returned in a reasonable time. Then I tried to ring the reception with the same result. The concierge desk was no different. I then used my mobile phone to ring the hotel from an outside number and got an instant answer. I asked for milk to be sent to the room - still waiting for it.

Parking in the hotel costs $35 even though the hotel is at one end of Adelaide Terrace about a 30 miute walk in to the city centre - and even though the parking area is less than a quarter full - maybe the parking can be provided free till there is more demand for parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sanjiv101,
Thank you sincerely, for providing us with the opportunity whilst you are still staying with us. Appreciate your time taken to discuss the matters that you have raised in person.
I am glad that we managed to resolve the additional milk that you had required.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My partner & I decided to stay here as we purchased a deal just before the hotel opened, around $230 p/night for a one bedroom suite, don't think we would have paid full price for it.

The good:
*We were allowed to checkin at 11:30am (being on a weekend, occupancy wasn't too high)
*Hotel itself is brand spanking new, & smells like it to.
*Our suite was spacious, had all the mod cons like a microwave, washing machine, dish washer, dryer, two wardrobes, TV in lounge & in bedroom. Nice art on the walls & nifty touch screen to advise house keeping whether to clean your room etc (instead of the paper signs you hang on the door handles)
*Great gym, plenty of space.
*Across the road from a bus stop - all buses are free to jump on if you are going into the city (Free Transit Zone)
*Very comfortable bed - this was our favorite bit of the hotel, had a great nights sleep.
*Beautiful looking lobby, sophisticated, modern furniture (think shaggy chairs & alternative lighting)

The not so good:
*The car park instructions given to us by the girl checkin us in were woefully wrong, we drove into a different apartment complex before finding in. More signage other than a spraypainted sign need to be erected. The car park itself is large & fairly secure, it does need some signage as to where you go once you have parked as we walked around for awhile trying to find a elevator/stairs to take us back to the lobby.
*Once in our room we discovered they gave us two single beds instead of one king bed, after calling guest services this was rectified.
*No where to hang damp towels, although minimal we had the bathroom as well as pool towels all hangover back of chairs & wardrobe doors.
*Bin below sink was full from previous occupants.
*Dining table is placed directly in front of the full length mirror. Why? I had to move it so I can get ready for the night.

We didn't eat or drink here so can' comment on those elements. Is a bit far from restaurants/nightlife but hopping on a free bus takes you to all places you need to go. Pool & spa was nice, you can see this hotel is definitely for the business market, this is not a place to relax & lay by the pool, it's more a double lap pool. Spa was nice, sauna could have been hotter.

Try Fraser Suites....but maybe wait till its on special....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear EssjayluvsAj,
Delighted to hear that you have appreciated our apartments and facilities offering.

Well noted of your mentions on the "not so good" items which I will be bringing it back to my team in view of improvements.

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a brand new establishment which is very pleasing on the eye indeed. Apparently the suites (aka serviced apartments) are a joy to behold and finished to the highest standards.

But $AUD 22.00 for a gin and tonic is bordering on highway robbery. I know that Perth is developing a reputation for being an expensive city but this is really taking the proverbial urine. The barman had no idea what the gin bottle looked like - I had to point him to it and then asked me how much gin he should put in the glass. Had I known that he was going to charge $AUD 22.00 I wouldn't have pointed him to the measuring cups that were on the back of the bar!!

The food in the restaurant (and I use the word restaurant reservedly) was at best worthy of a university halls of residence and at worst showed no flair, imagination or ability on the part of the Chef de Cuisine. Perhaps there wasn't one? (Might have been a cook from the local prison standing in for the night.) The thing that really stands out in my mind was a presentation of, admittedly fresh, mango on a solid block of what I think was supposed to be sticky rice.

I would say that if you want a nice apartment to stay in whilst in Perth these are probably the best on offer at the moment; but for goodness sake, and your wallet's, stay well clear of the food and beverage offering.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Martin K,
Glad to know that you have enjoyed the dwellings but with much regret to read on your comments on the Food & Beverage. I have made an enquiry into your mentions for the Gin & Tonic which I gathered was a special order out of the menu price of $10. Be happy to discuss your orders at the restaurant so that I may be able to take it back to the team.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards.

Been to Fraser Suites Perth? Share your experiences!