“Wonderful stay in a brand spanking new hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Perth

You added Fraser Suites Perth to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 20% off
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful stay in a brand spanking new hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We've just stayed 4 nights at Fraser Suites Perth. If you haven't worked it out, Perth has some of the most overpriced hotels in the world from a mining boom induced hotel shortage. Most 5 star hotels here are either in desperate need of a makeover, or dreadfully overpriced for a modern look.

Located on the outskirts of the CBD, I was concerned that the hotel was in an inconvenient location, but it is actually a huge help to be able to bypass the traffic quagmire of the central city streets. It's easy to get to the trendy beaches & Fremantle by car, and the busy restaurants & bars of Highgate are a few minutes drive away.

Fraser Suites is a lovely boutique property with nice views over the Swan River & WACA cricket ground. Rooms are hotel luxe in style. Our entry level room on the 7th floor is quiet, light & bright, & quite spacious. The bathroom is well designed with a great shower & plenty of storage.

The room has a microwave, sink & bar fridge. The king size bed is comfy & 2 types of pillows will suit most sleepers.

My only feedback on the room is that the large cupboards could do with some drawer space for better unpacking & more hangers.

Service has been unobtrusive & helpful. We didn't use the gym or pool, but they look good.

The lobby is lovely, but the lobby restaurant probably needs a rethink. The buffet dinner looked underwhelming, & the food smells greet you from the front door (overpoweringly) I think it would be better to have a european style cafe with top quality coffee being pumped out by a top barista.

Fraser Suites is very new & punches well above it's weight. I come to Perth several times a year & will definitely be back here from now on.

• Stayed December 2012
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Foodiespy99,
Certainly very heartening to read of your overall staying experience.
Do let me know your next intended visit and I hope to meet with you for a drink and discussion.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Indonesian first
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We are staying in this new facility which opened for business in October 2012. The suites are nicely laid out and fairly comfortable. However there is no point having good accommodation that is not matched by a similar level service.

The breakfast came with the room charge and so is "free" whereas the charge otherwise would be $35 per head. For that the variety is good but service poor - there are only two staff looking after a room full of people so the fruits,bread and butter do not get replenished, orders for coffee take over half an hour, etc. If one is planning to have a leisurely breakfast with plenty of time at hand then it is fine however if one is running short of time say 15 - 20 minutes for breakfast then I would go to a cafe nearby. Till the time the hotel has more staff serving at breakfast time the quality of service will not change.

Trying to ring for service from inside the hotel is another problem. Milk was not replaced in the room by the housekeeping staff so rang for housekeeping on the internal phone. I got an answering machine with the call not being returned in a reasonable time. Then I tried to ring the reception with the same result. The concierge desk was no different. I then used my mobile phone to ring the hotel from an outside number and got an instant answer. I asked for milk to be sent to the room - still waiting for it.

Parking in the hotel costs $35 even though the hotel is at one end of Adelaide Terrace about a 30 miute walk in to the city centre - and even though the parking area is less than a quarter full - maybe the parking can be provided free till there is more demand for parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sanjiv101,
Thank you sincerely, for providing us with the opportunity whilst you are still staying with us. Appreciate your time taken to discuss the matters that you have raised in person.
I am glad that we managed to resolve the additional milk that you had required.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My partner & I decided to stay here as we purchased a deal just before the hotel opened, around $230 p/night for a one bedroom suite, don't think we would have paid full price for it.

The good:
*We were allowed to checkin at 11:30am (being on a weekend, occupancy wasn't too high)
*Hotel itself is brand spanking new, & smells like it to.
*Our suite was spacious, had all the mod cons like a microwave, washing machine, dish washer, dryer, two wardrobes, TV in lounge & in bedroom. Nice art on the walls & nifty touch screen to advise house keeping whether to clean your room etc (instead of the paper signs you hang on the door handles)
*Great gym, plenty of space.
*Across the road from a bus stop - all buses are free to jump on if you are going into the city (Free Transit Zone)
*Very comfortable bed - this was our favorite bit of the hotel, had a great nights sleep.
*Beautiful looking lobby, sophisticated, modern furniture (think shaggy chairs & alternative lighting)

The not so good:
*The car park instructions given to us by the girl checkin us in were woefully wrong, we drove into a different apartment complex before finding in. More signage other than a spraypainted sign need to be erected. The car park itself is large & fairly secure, it does need some signage as to where you go once you have parked as we walked around for awhile trying to find a elevator/stairs to take us back to the lobby.
*Once in our room we discovered they gave us two single beds instead of one king bed, after calling guest services this was rectified.
*No where to hang damp towels, although minimal we had the bathroom as well as pool towels all hangover back of chairs & wardrobe doors.
*Bin below sink was full from previous occupants.
*Dining table is placed directly in front of the full length mirror. Why? I had to move it so I can get ready for the night.

We didn't eat or drink here so can' comment on those elements. Is a bit far from restaurants/nightlife but hopping on a free bus takes you to all places you need to go. Pool & spa was nice, you can see this hotel is definitely for the business market, this is not a place to relax & lay by the pool, it's more a double lap pool. Spa was nice, sauna could have been hotter.

Try Fraser Suites....but maybe wait till its on special....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear EssjayluvsAj,
Delighted to hear that you have appreciated our apartments and facilities offering.

Well noted of your mentions on the "not so good" items which I will be bringing it back to my team in view of improvements.

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a brand new establishment which is very pleasing on the eye indeed. Apparently the suites (aka serviced apartments) are a joy to behold and finished to the highest standards.

But $AUD 22.00 for a gin and tonic is bordering on highway robbery. I know that Perth is developing a reputation for being an expensive city but this is really taking the proverbial urine. The barman had no idea what the gin bottle looked like - I had to point him to it and then asked me how much gin he should put in the glass. Had I known that he was going to charge $AUD 22.00 I wouldn't have pointed him to the measuring cups that were on the back of the bar!!

The food in the restaurant (and I use the word restaurant reservedly) was at best worthy of a university halls of residence and at worst showed no flair, imagination or ability on the part of the Chef de Cuisine. Perhaps there wasn't one? (Might have been a cook from the local prison standing in for the night.) The thing that really stands out in my mind was a presentation of, admittedly fresh, mango on a solid block of what I think was supposed to be sticky rice.

I would say that if you want a nice apartment to stay in whilst in Perth these are probably the best on offer at the moment; but for goodness sake, and your wallet's, stay well clear of the food and beverage offering.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Martin K,
Glad to know that you have enjoyed the dwellings but with much regret to read on your comments on the Food & Beverage. I have made an enquiry into your mentions for the Gin & Tonic which I gathered was a special order out of the menu price of $10. Be happy to discuss your orders at the restaurant so that I may be able to take it back to the team.
Look forward to hearing from you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Got off to a bad start when the hotel couldn't find a record of my booking. I was offered a complimentary glass of wine while the problem was sorted out, which didn't take long.
The room was immaculate and well equipped. The toiletries were of a high quality and I enjoyed using all of them. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. All in all the staff were very friendly and helpful, I would definitely choose this hotel again

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Anniethompson,
Most delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for bearing with us whilst we locate your reservations.
We certainly look forward to receiving you next.
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at the Fraser Suites Perth for six nights during a recent conference trip to Perth. I booked this hotel as it was new and looked prestigious. However, the hotel didn't quite reach my expectations.

It was by no means bad but it wasn't especially good either. One reason might be the recent opening and there are still many things to fine tune. The service can best be described as somewhat awkward. The staff is very inexperienced and it shows in everything.

The rooms are very nice. The decor is modern and stylish. Beds are comfortable and bathroom is nice. The rooms all have a small kitchen with a microwave oven and fridge. One big disappointment is the lack of a coffee machine. At this standard one would expect to find a Nespresso machine in each room.

I was also very surprised of the surcharge for paying the hotel bill with a credit card. Who pays a 1500 AUD bill in cash? I know it seems standard to charge extra for credit card payments in Australia but in a hotel that calls itself a five star hotel you would expect it to be included in the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Niko H,
Much appreciate your comments on the overall 6 nights that you stayed with us. We are constantly looking into every guest contact areas for improvement.
Will certainly revisit the possibility of having a Nespresso machine in rooms. At the moment, there are hot chocolate, tea selection and coffee sachets available.
Regret to hear about your mentions on the credit card surcharge as this is a practise that is not isolated to just hotels in Australia.
Be happy to meet with you in your next visit to explain further.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Fraser Suites had been open for a month when we stayed there. Good location, near the WACA and Casino, and easy to get to other places. The room was fine, although didn't have had a few things that you would normally expect (information on the hotel and Perth, extra blankets, etc). We didn't have the buffet breakfast, the Hyatt down the road is better food and better value. All Perth accommodation is expensive, so on Perth standards it wasn't too bad. Expect the little things to improve as they settle in and get established.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sydney2031,
Sincerely appreciated your comments and understanding. We endeavour to improve in good time for your next stay with us.
Best regards.

Been to Fraser Suites Perth? Share your experiences!