“Great place, great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: www.facebook.com/pages/La-Cholita/282195818492184
Lima
“Great place, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been here a few times and every time I have enjoyed my time there. the food is very good and the place is very cool. It can get very noise so its not good if you want to go for a romantic night out.

Visited May 2013

79% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Very Nice, quite Authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Definitively a good choice, we were searching for a Mexican restaurant that evening and we hit the right spot. I wouldnt consider it 100% Authentic Mexican, but they go close enough and the Guacamole is magnificent... the Totopos they serve with it are also incredible and the Tacos are quite quite nice. Just the Chicken with Mole was not the best and a little bit empty, no sides or anything. But I would return if I ever go back to Perth. :)

Oh, the music was way too loud.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Great tapas good and good vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a drink and a bite here after work one night. We sat at the bar and were immediately tended to.

The food was quick, fresh and tasty. The tacos were really small would be my main complaint. Try the duck bites however which were awesome.

Great cocktails menu so we'll be returning to sample some more! There should be more places like this in Perth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SA
“THE BEST Mexican I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On a recent visit to Perth we visited this amazing little, slightly "hipster" restautant. I'm not normally a fan of Mexican food (Refried beans with everything seems to be the norm most places!) but this place simply blew my mind!!

We ate mostly 'tapas' style, sampling many of the dishes and i couldnt get enough of all of them! Even the Sangria was amazing. Some of the dishes we sampled were; 3 Cheese Jalapeno, Chorizo, queso corelo, Baja Fish Chipotle mayo Taco, Guacamole (even this simple dish was amazing!), Prawn, Mango salsa, cos lettuce (this was incredible! RECIPE PLEASE!!!!) and others.

The staff were very laid back and pleasant (not formal or traditional so if you like that, this isnt your place) and we didnt wait for anything.

The music was a little loud but it suits the style of the place.

My only regret is that this restaurant isnt in my home town!!!!

You must try this place out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tapas Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Go in small groups as it's hard to get a table for more than 4 people.

Everything is good value for money, except the tacos. Too small and u only get 1 bite sized taco for $5.

My favourites include the potato and octopus as well as the chorizo quesadillas.

Service can be a bit slow during peak periods, but that's to be expected really.

Good atmosphere, very tasty food. We'd rather order tapas and share instead of mains.

Oh, the sangria is great Btw!

• Visited April 2013