“Yum underground find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Yum underground find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Loved the food, full of flavour and a great warm hearty meal we had perfect in winter. Great service, and value for money! Definitely going back now that we stumbled across it!

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“High standard, competitively priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

With Perth restaurant prices rating as some of the highest in the country it can be hard finding high quality at a sensible price. The Trustee has done this. They have a very reasonable menu, excellent selection of wine, good selection of beer and spirits and meal prices that do not leave you walking with a limp.
I had the duck on this occasion and it was expertly cooked and presented.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Good simple food with class.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Good ambience ,attentive waiting staff ,good selection on the menu,beautifully cooked Barrimundi & lovely turkish delight dessert.

Visited June 2013
Perth
“Great food, great service but a tad noisy and cramped.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I went there for our anniversary. I made the booking online which was easy and fast.

We were expecting a quiet dinner but the place was very noisy. We had a group right behind us that were having some sort of office party and there were a bit of yelling. It was a Friday night and the bar section was filled with people having drinks.I found the tables are a bit too closed together. I felt like I was having dinner with two other couples, one on each side.

I ordered a Portuguese red wine, Quinta do Crasto ‘Flor do Crasto’ Tinto Douro, which was surprisingly very good. My wife had apple cider.

We are not big eaters so we shared the entree. We decided on the pork belly parcel. The prok parcel itself was a bit dry and bland. I thought the apple salad and fried shallots carried the dish. I though maybe a sauce of some kind might have made the dish better.

For mains, I had the Barramundi and my wife had the duck leg config. My skin of my fish was crispy and the fish was white, moist and tender. It was excellent. The duck was good as well but the tempura zucchini was a bit too oily.

For dessert we shared the trustee affogato. It was a great end to the night.

The food was good, the price was reasonable. If you don't mind the noise, this is a great place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“seriously good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

wine list awesome, had a very cool by the glass list, quite expensive but had a nice mix of easy drinkers and some serious big boys

service is relaxed but informed, no hovering, fawning staff unnecessarily filling my water glass nineteen times but there if you need them, I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I much prefer this slightly hands off approach - hate it when staff fill my wine glass, I'm not an invalid and I prefer to go at my own pace

food SPECTACULAR, try the chateaubriand.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere