“Pizzas expensive, but very very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #669 of 1,459 restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Melbourne, Australia
“Pizzas expensive, but very very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I travle to this part of Perth regularly, and I had bypassed this restaurant several times because I was shocked to see pizzas @ $25. However, travelling with my wife this time, we ate there and were very pleased. My wife had excellent gnocchi, and I had a Captain Jack pizza which I could not finish, so took it home for dinner the next night. Thereby, the $25 seemed a lot more reasonable. A bottle shop next door meant a good selection of wines available at close hand also. I will be returning on a regular basis.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
“The BEST pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I travel from the Gold Coast to Perth to eat at il Pirata. FANTASTIC food. Highly recommend that you Book first. Love the sunsets as you eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place provided me with what is possibly my worst experience at a restaurant. We arrived at 12.30pm hoping to get a pizza for lunch, which apparently they do not do. They only serve pizzas at dinner time (but its a pizza restaurant??). The owner bought over some menus but ignored what we had wanted to order and continued to push one particular item on us which was a steak. Although we were adamant on what we wanted to order he bought out the steaks anyway (which were cold!) We insisted we did not order them and the owner got very mad at us and at first would not remove the steaks. When the bill arrived, he actually had the nerve to try and charge us $100 for the 2 steaks! I should also mention that a loud car drove down West Coast Highway which made the owner angry so he yelled out "BAST***O!" in front of a family with young children. The owner has some serious customer service issues and I make a point of letting anyone I know who mentions this place know about the horrible experience I had.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Lets talk about Sorrento”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Ok well we had a terrible time at il pirata in sorrento. There is one guy take the orders which can take over 45min, food takes a long time to serve but it does taste good. There is an old fellow running this restaurant who is very rude and obnoxious. He made us feel very uncomfortable. We had to battle with him to pay by credit because be preferred cash. Not worth the trouble.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cloughjordan, Co Offaly
“Fantastic Pizza !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Best pizza I have had outside of Italy, really tasty and fresh - Its always very busy so its best to book. Great atmosphere & very friendly staff.

• Visited October 2012