“Basic, value for money motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baileys Motel

You added Baileys Motel to your Saves list
Baileys Motel
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   150 Bennett St., Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (Formerly Baileys Perth Accommodation) (East Perth)   |
Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Scotland
“Basic, value for money motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We stayed in this motel for a couple of nights while visiting Perth.

The room was clean enough and comfortable but not exactly modern and luxurious.

The facilities were good enough - a fridge in the room, cutlery, tea/coffee facilites, a tv with movie channels, air conditioning and a fan, the beds were clean and comfortable.
There was also a small pool which we never used but it looked quite good.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

There was a restaurant (think Italian) attached to the motel but we never used it.

The motel is in a very good location - very close to a free CAT bustop. Right across the road from a nice park.

I would recommend this motel to anyone who doesn't mind basic facilites and value for money.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I was there in June with 2 friends and really liked the place! The staff was friendly, the room was big and clean, the showers hot and great central location - 5mins drive to city shopping and northbridge! They also had a pool! Don't be expecting fancy bells and stuff at this place but for the price paid, I think its great value! Ideal for those who are looking for comfortable simple clean accommodation! I've already booked it for a return trip next month! Also like that they provided cutlery/crockery in the rooms for those whom wants to buy back food or etc. The hotel manager (i think his name's Anthony) was really just fabulous too! I had a tentative change in plans and was unsure if I'll need to extend one more night, he helped me hold the room first while i confirmed my plans. Very helpful. =)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

Stayed here in Dec 2008 with a couple of friends.

The hotel was pleasant, staff were friendly and rooms were clean. We got a room that was kinda dated but had a clean toilet with towels and amenities. They got us an extra bed for the room and it was still kinda spacious after that. Not much landscaping around the hotel. The other rooms looked more dingy than ours so we were kinda lucky.

Location was good as it was close to free transportation and walking distance to the other attractions like the Bell Tower and CBD. There was a restaurant but we didn't eat there as it was kinda expensive.

In conclusion, an average accommodation. Nothing WOW about it.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Esperance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I stayed at Baileys for 2 weeks and loved it. Basic, affordable, comfortable room which catered to my every need. It is in a quite part of inner city Perth opposite the lovely Wellington Park yet 10 min walk to city centre or 2 minute walk to Cats buses. Great little resturants only a block or two away. Everyone I met was a regular as I will be so that says it all. Great value, worth a try. Amanda

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Leics
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

My partner and I stayed at this motel for nearly three weeks as part of a 3 month holiday from the UK. We booked a room with kitchen facilities so that we had the option to self cater. The room was very comfortable and clean. The towels were changed daily and we were given spares so that we could use them to swim.
We found Anthony, the Manager VERY helpful. He booked the cricket for us and advised us to buy a phone card to avoid making expensive phone calls direct from the motel. He also instructed us how to use the card and we continued to use it throughout our travels in Australia.
The location of Baileys is excellent. It is very close to 2 free CATS which we used each day to transport us to the city centre. The railway is also very cheap.
We considered this motel to be very good value for money and would recommend it.
Helen and Tom
Mkt Harborough U.K.

Stayed January 2008
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

Baileys Parkside Motel was the cheapest CBD accommodation I could find without wanting to stay in a backpacker's hostel. We paid AU $114 per night for a refurbished room with full cooking facilities over the Easter long weekend - a bargain by Perth's CBD standards.

The motel is of the type built in the sixties - a double story establishment built surrounding a big carpark. Doors have external access.

Amenities in our room included: small stove, microwave, toaster, kettle, chopping block, knives, bowls, plates, crockery and a few other utensils. Note that not all rooms have these cooking facilities so ask for them if you wish to have them. There was also a television set, a large wardrobe, an expandable luggage rack in addition to the in-built one, and an air conditioner. The bed was queen sized and comfortable.

There is a large amount of free parking.

The room was very clean, however for 3 out of the 4 nights we were there the room was not made up for us due to Easter. The room itself is clearly of 1960's origin, however the management has tried hard to give it a modern feel, with some success. The room we had (#26 I think) was very very large for the price we were paying - much larger than rooms I have paid much more for at brand-name hotels.

The location is very good if you will have a car during your visit. I say this because most attractions would be at least a 5-10 minute drive away, except for perhaps the Perth Mint, and the nearest train station I saw was a fair drive away too (please verify this as I didn't do any research into trains). The hotel looks onto Wellington Park, a small park in East Perth, though most of the rooms do not face it. When we met up with some friends in Perth, they cringed to hear we were staying in East Perth because it is supposedly a drugs-area, however I saw no evidence of this whatsoever and I never felt unsafe.

There is a small pool with fluoro green astro turf which seemed to keep a lot of people happy.

My only frustration was that without fail, each and every night of our stay we were woken up by extremely loud and drunk people - including one night where I was awoken by a word-for-word rendition of "Amazing Grace". Luckily I fall asleep easily after I've been woken up - but I know lots of people don't - and given that management shuts up at 5pm each night, this may be a consideration for you. There definitely appeared to be a drinking culture at the motel when I was there, with lots of people drinking outside their rooms.

Other tips: Look in the hotel information directory in your room for directions to the nearest supermarket, it's about 2 or 3 blocks away. Also, the reception area has a LOT of brochures on things to do while in Perth, including the Rottnest Express.

All in all I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone who is budget conscious, who intends to have a car in Perth and who wants a central location.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — yelling drunk people at all hours
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wageningen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

Since we'd been here before in 2004 and the hotel supposed to be upgraded according to its website, we returned.
What a wishful thinking! The only thing being upgraded was the room rate.
You'll need to pay $50 to get the phone working.
We'd got fighting neighbours next door. Screaming and verbal abuses all night long.
Despite the promise that they would leave the next day, we saw the couple coming back and here we go again.
It is time to move on to another hotel.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — noisy room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baileys Motel? Share your experiences!