“Dated rooms, but good service. ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Perth

You added Travelodge Perth to your Saves list
Travelodge Perth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   417 Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Perth
“Dated rooms, but good service. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found that the staff were friendly and helpful, though the room was a terrible let down, quite dated and in definite need of an update. The location is good just 2 blocks away from the Hay St Mall. The on site restaurant had a great room service menu, the food was lovely. We got this room at a great rate on Wotif, but don't know if I would of stayed at full price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Stephanie K,

Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased to read that you found our great team to be so helpful and enjoyed our Armada Bar and restaurant so much.

You’ll be pleased to know that there is a refurbishment program currently running at Travelodge Perth beginning with the installation of our new hotel lifts that is currently underway. We are also installing new double glazed balcony doors on our superior rooms and new furniture in the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

Travelodge Perth Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Charlestown, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The winning feature of this hotel was 100% the staff - they were friendly and helpful everytime I dealt with them.

The rooms were OK, but felt like they were in real need of a freshen up to maintain the advertised star rating.

To be fair though, it did seem as though there was work going on to give the rooms the refresh they needed, and the bedding was excellent - I sleep very well.

While the room was quite dated I'd probably return for the great staff and location - fingers crossed the refresh is completed for my next visit!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear FiverACT,

Thank you for your review.

Our team is very dedicated to providing the best at all times just as you have pointed out.

The hotel is currently undergoing some modernisation works. These include new elevators, new double glazed balcony doors, a new television system as well as new furniture for all the rooms. We are always looking for ways to improve our already great hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived back from the East on the Friday for a 2 day stay, on the Friday night we find out they have no on site parking and more or less told to park on the street and find our own way with parking which was a pain. the room are dated and need of a freshen up comfortable bed but the bath room is very tired and the shower ran hot and cold which is very annoying one of the lifts was apparently having maintenance done to it and you had a bit of a wait for it and when it turned up it was full which was a bit disappointing, we will not stay here again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Duff1957,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Please accept my apologies that your stay did not live up to our usually very high standards that are often commented on.

Unfortunately we do not have any on-site parking at Travelodge Perth but, there are numerous options close to us including parking on Hay street which is free after 6pm and parking buildings.

The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment program which includes new lifts being installed hence why only one was working during your stay. The rest of the refurbishment program includes updating the rooms to a more modern look.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay. jbristowe@tavelodge.com.au

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Arrived on a Saturday late afternoon. Lovely welcome and very helpful receptionist. Only 1 lift in operation. On eventually reaching our allocated 9th floor room it hadn't been made up. Different receptionist then placed us in room on 5th floor facing a wall and overlooking extractors. When I complained it was dark was told there were no others available. On upturning mugs to make coffee in room 1 was dirty. Staff were sent up with replacement and apology. Next night wished to take lift down to restaurant. Didn't come. Took to stairs. At bottom of stairs had trouble getting in to hotel and door to outside seemed to be locked. Think we had turned incorrectly but did concern us re safety if need to evacuate in hurry. reported this to reception. Was told the lift was just slow despite puzzled arrivals also questioning lift. Restaurant staff v helpful then. Next morning however waitress was v sharp in pointing out that breakfast would be finished in 5 mins on our arrival at 9.20.
Requested to speak to manager after b fast and pointed out our disappointments and indeed safety concerns re lift.
On hearing of our concerns Natalie Black ,Asst Manager simply voiced her surprise as they had never had complaints about service. No apology seemed to be forthcoming. I stated that I would not be recommending hotel. As we waited for the lift- again- Natalie came out and offered to upgrade us to a suite and ,as it was my husband's birthday, a complimentary 3 course meal and drinks. Certainly improved our day. Staff couldn't have been lovelier from that point on.

Room Tip: Check if both lifts are working before agreeing to a high no floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Donald W,

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced with us. Please be assured this was a very rare occurrence and not our normal guest experience.

I’m glad to see we were able to still make your stay an enjoyable one.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed two weekend nights at the Travelodge. We had booked a balcony room and were allocated a pleasant, spacious room on the fourth floor with a nice view. The location was ideal for us; quiet, but an easy walk to the free bus to Kings Park and also any easy walk with our luggage to Avis where we collected our hire car on the Monday morning. We found the bed to be very comfortable although would have preferred a top sheet as we found the quilt too warm. We appreciated the lounge chair in the room and the bathroom was fine. We really enjoyed dining at the in-house restaurant, the Armada Bar & Grill. The buffet breakfasts were good value and provided plenty of options for a healthy meal to start the day. We also enjoyed two dinners there and appreciated the convenience of not having to find a place to eat elsewhere. We'll certainly stay there again if we return to Perth in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear porge,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Armada restaurant is one of the best in our area and as you point out means that guests don’t need to leave the hotel to have great meals.

Darwin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My accommodation here was paid for by work. When I approached reception they not only wanted my credit card details but they wanted to freeze $50. By the time I got to my room (after waiting ages for the lift) I checked my account and the money was frozen.

During the course of my stay of 5 nights

- my room was vacuumed once, this was evidenced by the chip crumbs on the carpet
- there was no top sheet on the bed, only the doona
- even though I left towels and hand towels on the bathroom floor after use, they were either not replaced or hung back up. I cut myself and blood dripped on the hand towel and the same hand towel was rehung that afternoon
- the benchtop was not wiped down daily as I could see cup marks in the afternoons
- reception staff weren't that friendly at all

When I checked out I asked how long it would take to have the $50 unfrozen and was told up to 3 days. I still cannot work out why they froze this money.

I have advised my work not to use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Karen W,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for your stay not living up to our usually high standards.

We require guests to have a valid credit card to cover their stay and any incidentals. This is checked by a pre-authorisation being taken on the card. This is a very common practice for hotels.

I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping department to help them better improve upon their service.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me, please feel free to contact me at jbristowe@travelodge.com.au
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We just spent two nights in this hotel - very clean, comfortable beds and soft pillows and the staff could not do enough to assist with any request. Great restaurant downstairs so no need to leave hotel for meals.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Gorros3,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and dinning in the Armada Restaurant.

We are always more than happy to assist with any requests.

Travelodge Perth Hotel

Been to Travelodge Perth? Share your experiences!