“Thank You Perth Travelodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Perth

You added Travelodge Perth to your Saves list
Travelodge Perth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   417 Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Thank You Perth Travelodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Today was my last day after spending three weeks attending a company Training Session for my company at the Perth Travelodge. It was a long three weeks sitting in one room (Floreat Room B) with thirty other staff in training. This time was made easier by the delicious meals provided by the Hotel every day and the excellent attention given to us by the Hotel Staff. Two staff in particular showed kindness, energy and were always polite and cheerful. These staff members were Alex (Female Hotel Services Attendant) and Hans- Male Hotel Services Attendant. Both these staff members went out of their way each day to make our stay as pleasant and as comfortable as they could. Well done Alex and Hans. Your Hotel management should be proud of you. Thank You.
Michael McRae
Ridgewood
Western Australia

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for your positive review.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your conferencing experience with us so much! Conferencing is one of the many areas of our great hotel that we pride ourselves on.

Hans and Alex are two of our top team members and they pride themselves on their guest service. They will be getting special mention and recognition at this month’s team meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

Travelodge Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Recently had 3 nights at this hotel. Very convenient with the free CAT bus outside front door. Clean and comfortable room on 6th floor with small balcony overlooking Hay St. Good restaurant at reasonable prices. Staff were friendly and efficient.
Would reccomend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Domaco,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bridgetown WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here with my son for a couple of days and was very happy with everything about this hotel. Superb location, great price, good service and a nice meal in the restaurant. Only negative I can say is that they have no parking, so ended up costing me a fair bit to park nearby. They even have a nice little gym for guests, a big plus to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear jamiru,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

A little further East than ideal for tourists (found ourselves walking West most of the time, with the exception of the Perth Mint that's two blocks away). The Red CAT 2 bus came in handy for short trips to the city...

Rooms are a bit less than expected for a four star hotel... Noisy at night with Hay Street below.

Breakfast was quite good, with 3 hours to peruse the papers (there's only one daily newspaper in the West). Would have been nice to throw in complimentary cappuccinos, etc.

The downstairs bar was popular on Friday night. And the hotel seemed to be the starting point for several bus tours.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear David_Maywald,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback .

We are located just a 5 minute walk from the centre of the city and the free cat bus stops right outside our door.

This month we will begin installing new double glazed balcony doors in our Hay street side rooms that will eliminate any street noise.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Check in at 10.30pm was quick and fast.
Upon entering the room on level 9, it was clean, large and fresh.
1 King size bed, flat screen TV, tea and coffee facilities, in room safe, bath tub in the bathroom, couch and a balcony overlookign Hay St.

The hotel is situated about 3 blocks away from the Hay Street mall, in a quieter area, however still close enough to walk to the cinemas, train station, food outlets, supermarkets and shopping.

The hotel had a gym, although we did not utilise this.

Room Tip: Room on Level 9, is quieter as noise echos up from the downstairs cafe/resturant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Neil2607,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

The team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I arrived here as a solo traveller, finding a good deal for the weekend.

I reserved online and paid when I arrived. The receptionist didn't seem to understand me very well during the checkin process. nevertheless I got to my room and it was equipped with a television and a mini bar (extra pay), fridge, air con and a lovely balcony.

It is located on the free RedCat bus route and walking distance from Barrack street and hay street and murray street malls and wellington street station. Also not far from Harbour town and there is an IGA a little down the road.

I needed to stay an extra day and decided to ask about the fee I was told a price but then called the receptionist about one I found that was cheaper for the same room, so she let me stay for that price instead of the more expensive one she earlier said. She had also told me I had to hurry up and pay and said I had to check out first and then check back in again for a different room. On that day I packed up and was ready to check out and back in again, then to be told by a friendly receptionist that I needn't do that because I'm staying in the same room.

The Wifi is not free, however the gym was open 24 hours a day so this was great.

Tips - The restaurant attached seemed a little pricy but there were nice cheap restaurants by murray and hay street malls.
Don't let the receptionists take you for a mug.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Travelbug2291,

Thank you for your feedback.

For guests wishing to extend their accommodation, all the deals available online are available direct. Please accept my apologies that the deal you found was not offered to you upon enquiring. We always try and keep guest in the same room when they extend their booking.

Our Armada restaurant offers a varied menu at competitive prices.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed there for vacation with my three year old daughter. Its a simple, hotel which still looks dated after refurbishment. Tables and chairs still look dated, but the room is clean. Arrangement of furnishing is not well done. The lcd tv is placed at a wrong position, facing the side of the bed so you have to turn your neck to watch tv. And you face the mirror when you sleep. And I dont fancy the orange cushion laid over the bed as a "deco" everytime after housekeeping, as the cushion is not washed and there were a bit of black dust left on my bed after I removed that cushion.

Service wise was quite good, room service was very prompt. When I asked for a blanket for my daughter, they sent a top-sheet to me within 5 mins. While we were supposed to pay an additional $5/ a day for the baby cot, I realised only after day one that there was no mattress in the cot and my child was sleeping just over a top sheet over the hard piece of playpen backing, which i thought it shouldnt be the case. Anyway their staff told me its over safety concern that there is no mattress, and they did manage to thicken the layer that my child slept on.

Location wise, if you are returning from the Hay street mall areas at night by foot, note that you will have to walk at least ten mins, and the last bit of the road to the hotel gets pretty quiet at night. Unless u take the CAT bus, which we didnt. Walk at least 15 mins to the Barrack Sq Jetty.

Breakfast was not bad, I was still happy eating there for three days. But the free wifi was disappointing. Supposed to have 15 mins free, but after logging in the breakfast area for 7 mins and unsuccessfully loading anything, I was cut off and not allowed to login again.

Overall still a ok stay and value for money since I took up the City sale package that gave me free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear bugsimpact,

Thank you for your review.

Travelodge Perth is currently undergoing some refurbishment projects that includes new lifts, balcony doors and new rooms furniture.

Next time you stay I would recommend taking the CAT bus. It’s free and stops right outside the hotel!

Travelodge Perth

Been to Travelodge Perth? Share your experiences!