“Stay at Travelodge Perth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Perth

You added Travelodge Perth to your Saves list
Travelodge Perth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   417 Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

First two caveats about Perth. First, like Canberra, it is a business city, not a tourism city, so hotels (and meals) are expensive for what you get. Just accept it. Second, if I ever came back on a holiday I'd stay in Freemantle (30 minute train ride) because the CBD is set up for business, not tourism.

Overall I was very happy with my stay at the Travelodge - not a luxury hotel by any means but clean, comfortable and friendly. I stayed in a Queen balcony room.

Pros: The service was excellent. When my in-wall hair dryer wasn't working they sent one up and sent someone to repair the old one. I was even asked whether I was happy with the cleaning of my room during a random room survey.

The balcony rooms have a lovely view and the rooms are very spacious. The TVs have lots of channels (useful on a boring weekday night), the breakfast is decent and so is the dinner menu. Nice touch with the breakfast is that you can pay for either just toast and coffee, just continental, or the hot breakfast.

Cons: The mattress is pretty firm, which some people will like but I prefer a softer bed. The bathroom sink is rather small if you had 2 people using it but I was alone so it didn't bother me. And you have to pay for internet access - $50 for a 3-night package. It's certainly not the only hotel that does this but really, it's 2012, when are hotels going to stop considering internet an overpriced 'added extra'?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Alexa_Melbourne,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the hair dryer not working. I’m glad we were able to rectify it so quickly for you.
Redruth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights before a 3 month trip around OZ in a campervan. I found it clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities. The breakfast was very good. Lots of choice and plenty of it. Set me up for a day's sightseeing. Convenient for walking around the city. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear oggysouthpark,
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for your recommendation.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ok, so for Perth it's great, any other city and I would say it needs a little tlc.

The cleaning staff were lovey, the only problem I had was with one particular receptionist. I locked my key in my room, when I went to ask for a new key she made me feel like I was the stupidest guest she had ever seen, later that morning when I glwent back to my room the key didn't work. I returned to reception and explained that it wasn't working. I was totally calm and polite, (I would admit if it was my negativity, however it wasn't), she said "what's wrong with it?" I had to explain again that it's "not working". Again she
Made me feel sub human over a silly key! I understand she may have had a bad day, however most of us a respectful and polite to our paying customers.

On another note, the food was great at the restaurant for dinner, breakfast is an average hotel breakfast.

However, I do recommend they clean the reception area of the restaurant (where they make coffee and have cakes etc". The floor is discusting, I had the privilege of sitting by the window looking directly into that area and there were old take away coffee cups on the floor and months worth of dirt. Look I stay in hotels every week, I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed September 2012
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear fabian1982,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Please accept my apolgies if the service you received from any of our team was not up to our usually very high standards that are often commented on. I will be passing your feedback on to our entire team to help them better improve upon thier service.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the food in Armada restaurant and thank you for the feedback regarding the cofffee station, I have raised this issue with our cleaners.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We got this hotel through expedia, and stayed for 4nights.

Rooms are so-so but kept clean, and there were no problems
about the water temperature and drainage in bath room that I worried about.
I was very happy that high-powered hair drier was equipped .

The only problem I had was noise in the corridor.
Soundproofing is not sufficient,and I was awakened once
by noisy guests looking for their room in 3a.m.

Staffs are very helpful and friendly. Over all, we liked this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear mkishou,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with you feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am please you enjoyed your stay with us and please accept my apologies for the disturbance to your sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

John Bristowe | Hotel Manager
Travelodge Perth Hotel
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on a business trip. Staff were extremely helpful, rooms look and feel clean and the big plus is that they are quiet. Wireless Internet works (hooray!) and inclusion of breakfast was a lovely bonus. Would highly recommend as a quality, budget hotel option.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Perth, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear PPP_11,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and dont really hav anything bad to say. The staff were very infriendly - special mention to Ankit Pilani, a very helpful duty manager who was always there to answer any of my questions and queries.

The hotel is located in an ideal part of central Perth...just on Hay street and about a 5 minute walk from the Mall. It is up by the Royal Perth Hospital and the impressive Catholic cathedral as well as many shops, restaurants and quiet bars.

The only problem I had was that 'room service' can be quite noisy in the morning time...no real need to bang doors or generally be so loud in the corridors.

If you are looking to stay in Perth, stay here...it will fulfill all of your needs whether you are travelling for business or leisure.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony.