“Very Dated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Perth

You added Pan Pacific Perth to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (East Perth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Pacific Escape
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Very Dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was told this was one of the best hotels in Perth. Such a shame- I would hate to see what one of the worst looks like. The rooms are so dated, I felt like I had stepped back a decade or three. The only thing that was good about it was the view we had. I will also say that the service was fantastic which is not something I am accustomed to in Perth. Unfortunately, I can't say I would return or recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear AshCom
My thanks for your review and apologies that you feel the hotel is not worth a repeat visit. Whilst the hotel is this year 40 years old, I can inform you that we are currently refining the mock up rooms for the refurbishment program that will see the quality of the last remaining hotel rooms as the best in the market. Despite your feeling the room you stayed in was a little out-dated, I am delighted to read that you did however find the staff and the service offered as expected – 5 star. I am particularly sorry that the room resulted in the awarding of such a rather low score and more importantly your decision not to return, especially as you felt that otherwise our standard of service was so high. We do have a number of new rooms on offer – in particular our Pacific Club rooms and I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the not too distant future of welcoming you back –perhaps into one of our soon to be refurbished guest rooms.
Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here last year after reviews from friends, but we much prefer other five start hotels in Perth as this don't come close. The worst thing is the parking, you have to park in a Wilson car park a little down the road and Wilson parking is never any good. We had a package deal which included parking but no one really new what we should do.

The hotel is fine and breakfast was good, the rooms a little tired but the beds made up for it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Meatm8
Thank you for your review and my apologies for the issues with regard to your weekend package deal. I am a little confused from your comments as our car park is not run by Wilsons, our competitor hotel does however have a Wilsons car park. All of our weekend packages which include parking do have the ability to park in our car park located adjacent to the hotel. I would value the opportunity of speaking directly to you in relation to your stay in an effort to rectify any issues and to understand the problems you encountered.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We are frequent guests of the Pan Pacific Perth considering we actually live in metropolitan Perth. We have experienced a roller coaster ride with PPP. Sometimes good sometimes not so good. We had a 3 night stay last weekend with the previous stay in January this year.

THE GOOD BITS

The main reason why we return is the Club rooms. They are spacious, comfortable bed, dream bathroom, access to Club lounge with all its benefits and free WIFI for GHA members.

This visit was quite different from our January visit. The Club lounge has undergone a few subtle changes and they are great. The evening canapes and the breakfast fare is vastly improved and we were pleasantly surprised. Someone at PPP listened!!!

We took advantage of a GHA local experience at Origins for High Tea. Unfortunately there was a mixup between GHA head office and PPP and we were advised by email that High Tea was fully booked. As my husband was heading off to Egypt on the Monday, we couldn't change to another day. When we advised the restaurant coordinator of our predicament, a complimentary High Tea for 2 was arranged for Sunday. This gesture was very much appreciated. High Tea itself was great. More savoury than sweet but that was fine. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The young lady that served us encouraged us to take our time and enjoy the experience. I highly recommend the High Tea at Origins.

THE NOT SO GOOD BITS

We dined at Montereys on the Friday evening for the seafood buffet and it was a bit ordinary.

Checkin staff could do with some training in guest relations. We always book a weekend deal with self parking. When we checked in, we asked if we could have the same deal as we could not see it on the website this time and we were advised that "the computer" shows that we had NEVER booked a deal with parking. I dislike being put in a position where I feel like a liar or I am trying to scam something. When you pay close to $1000 for a 3 day weekend, the least they could do is include parking. The concierge said don't worry just park in the street on Sundays because its free. Well the street parking was closed off to either road works or the Cirque de Soleil mob over the road. I object to paying $30 a day for parking at the quiet end of Perth.

As a GHA member, we are entitled to an upgrade which we always get. However the upgraded room had a few problems (Room 709 by the way). The curtain was drooping in places and let the sunshine at first light. Not good. The toilet dripped, a light constantly flickered reminiscent of a creepy movie and the sound on the television could not be adjusted lower than a dull roar. When my husband advised reception (yes those people again) he was actually asked "what would you like us to do?" Seriously!

All in all, we will still come back to PPP, as the benefits outweigh the shortcomings. We will just suss out the reception staff for the kindest looking person and avoid room 709.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MaggieM8
My sincere thanks for your comprehensive review and for continued support of Pan Pacific. I am delighted to read that you love our Pacific Club rooms. I am also glad to see you have noticed the changes we have put in place for the service in the Club lounge and I am also pleased to let you know there are more improvements to follow. I will certainly investigate the issues you mentioned in relation to your weekend package deal and the problems with your room. These should not have occurred and I will be taking these matters up with the team. Please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience that these may have caused and I do hope that despite these hiccups we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

me and my partner stayed here in February we had a Pacific Club Premier with Spa room and it was awesome! We got the room alot cheaper at the time because of a promo that was going so were really lucky we got extra value for money and if i see them at them prices again will book right away.. the room is huge, bed was really comfortable, beautiful bathroom with a big spa the shower was a bit confusing too work but i got it in the end, the river side views were really nice!, staff very friendly and the pacific club breakfast was really nice also in the evening they had a nice selection of wine on offer aswell ...

We decided since the buffet in the resteraunt was reeeally busy and we waited 5 minutes and got no service we would just get room service.. We both got the burgers and after waiting over an hour when told 30 minutes we got them and the meat was seriously under cooked inside so had too be eaten without it anyway after waiting that long i didnt really want too wait another hour for more too be cooked properly and brought up but when you pay that much for it you kind of expect it too be cooked atleast ! Room service in the day was alot quicker .. Apart from that though a great hotel and i would return :)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Shana91
Thank you for taking he time to post your review following your February stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Pacific Club rooms – we believe these to be the best in the market and our guests are constantly confirming this fact so it is always great to hear that they are still highly rated. I have to however apologise for the issues in the restaurant and In Room Dining – both should not have occurred and I have taken these matters up with the Restaurant Manager and Executive chef and their teams. Despite these issues I am delighted that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back – where I am sure you will not experience the same hiccup in terms of service.
Until then –kind regards
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We didn't pay full price for this hotel and in my opinion this was much more the rate this hotel should be charging. In a nutshell its a very good 3star. The staff were good and friendly. My dad had an issue with brown water coming through the bathroom for the 2 days we stayed and in all fairness they offered to move him and said sorry but it was a bit of a hassle and not what you expect from a 5 star in the first place. Despite the opulent reception the rest of the hotel needs a make over. Very dated and the bathrooms were like something out of the 70s. Just tired in general. Location was good.

Dear Karen1403
Thank you for your review and my sincere apologies for the water issues within your room. Unfortunately there was an issue in Perth during your stay where there were burst water pipes and an number of water main issues. What resulted was in a few rooms a discolouring of the water. This was quickly resolved by running the water for a short period of time. As a result of these city issues, the hotel has just installed a newer modern water filtration system at the point the water comes into the hotel which should eliminate any re-occurrence of this problem. I mention this not in any way as an excuse but just by way of explanation and must still apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a comfortable stay at the Pan Pacific Hotel, previously the Sheraton Hotel. It is close to the Swan River if you wish to go for a walk or jog. A good 15 min walk to the city centre, however the Red Cat bus is practically outside the hotel and it is a free ride to the city centre. The room is lovely but a bit on the small side. The king bed is comfortable to sleep on. Overall it is quite a nice hotel in Perth.

• Stayed May 2013
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Brettnjess
I am always pleased to receive reviews from Top Contributors and I thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay. Our goal is to create a positive memorable hotel experience and I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and our hotel comfortable. I do hope that on your next visit from Melbourne we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding hotel, staff are just awesome. I travel for business on a very regular basis and can honestly say thank you to the team at Pan Pacific Perth for a great stay and your hotel will be my place to when I'm in Perth

Dear Sollie37
Thank you for your “Outstanding rating” of our hotel. I am so pleased to read that the team have assisted in ensuring a fantastic stay with us. – your comfort and experience are two goals we strive to achieve and I am happy to note these goals have been met. I am also always delighted to read that our guests choose Pan Pacific Perth as their hotel of choice when in Perth and I look forward to welcoming you “home” on next Perth visit.
Regards
Grant

Been to Pan Pacific Perth? Share your experiences!