“Great views from floor 22” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Perth

Save Saved
You added Pan Pacific Perth to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (East Perth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast special
Ranked #14 of 57 hotels in Perth
Adelaide, Australia
“Great views from floor 22”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The rooms high on the western side have a nice view of the Swan river and Perth city skyline. The room was clean and well appointed. The staff were friendly and welcoming even when checking out at 4:45am So thanks to the night shift staff. My only negative comment was the TV reception was terrible and thus I got no sound and pixelated screen from time to time. The gym facilities are great, but it could do with a couple of free standing fans to have some air movement in the gym room.

Room Tip: Floor 21 or higher
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Gazza2810
My thanks for your review and my sincere apologies with regards to your TV reception. We have recently finished the upgrade of our TV system that provides Digital HD quality and I am therefore at a loss to explain the bad TV reception. Our engineering team will check the room as I suspect there may be a loose connection. Sadly problems can arise when staying at the hotel, however once aware, every effort is made to resolve these problems to your complete satisfaction and again my apologies that it does seem we were not made aware of the problem during your stay. I will certainly look into your suggestion of increased air movement in the gym and my thanks for the suggestion.

933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Indonesian first
Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Location:
Hotel is located directly in the city centre, approximately 35 mins drive from the airport, close the Perth high street and only short walk to the river side.

Rooms:
During my last stay I stayed in one of the Pacific Club rooms, which are significant improvement to standard / deluxe rooms. The design of rooms is nothing spectacular and worth mentioning, but its simple, clean and functional. The rooms are spacious, the bed is comfortable (but not comparable with Marriott or Hilton bedding). The bathroom is unusually large with bathtub and spacious walk-in shower.

Service and cleanliness:
Overall cleanliness is good, the bedding is clean and fresh and the room itself is well maintained too. The reception staff was friendly and pretty quick with both check-in and check-out, again very different to my last experience at this hotel last year.

Restaurants:
I have dined only in the club lounge taking a breakfast, which had basic selection of dishes (selection of pastries, yoghur, cereals, scrumbled eggs, sausages, bacon, has browns, breakfast mushrooms and tomatoes, cold cuts). The service was friendly, but not all the time visible, so sometime it could take a while to find assistance if needed. The club lounge itself is large and spacious, so I haven't seen it really crowded. I was negatively surprised when I visited the lounge around 2030 and was informed that it closes at 2100 and I have to leave before this time. This is very unusual as most of hotels I visited offer access until 2300.

Overall:
I have not reviewed my first stay at hotel 1 year ago, but my last experience was much more positive. It looks like the hotel is on a good way. Overall the hotel does not stand out in anything from the hotels I have visited, but falls in good average category (as most of the hotels in Australia). To summarise, its a good hotel, but does not offer anything great. Fine for a short stay, but if you need to stay longer, better look somewhere else.

Tip:
Turn left once outside the hotel and walk along the river bank approximately 10 minutes. Lucky Shag is a nice and buzzy bar pretty much all day long serving good pub food with nice views over the river and city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Lipany
My sincere thanks for your comprehensive review, your tips and recommendations. I will certainly look into your comments and have the issues you have raised dealt with to ensure that when we welcome you back you will have a great and memorable stay.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Pan Pacific Perth for Australia Day long weekend. It's perfectly located near the Swan River so there is an option for fantastic views of the Sky Show (Fireworks) that Perth holds on Australia Day. Having stayed there many times before when it was the Sheraton, we were aware that the Pacific Club suites (formally known as the Executive Level) are the best rooms in the hotel, so we booked this.

I managed to get a great rate at the hotel for the night in a Pacific Club suite. Sadly their online booking engine was down but I called the 1300 number and made the reservation.

Before our stay, I emailed the hotel and requested a River facing room to ensure we could see the activity on the foreshore before leaving the hotel to watch the fireworks. I wasn't sure if I'd be lucky enough to get the room I wanted but it was worth a try!

We arrived at 3pm. I was under the impression that self-parking would be available as part of my room rate (Pacific Club), so we tried to park in the self-parking car park but the car park was full. After several attempts to enter the car park, we were advised by the hotel that we'd have to use Valet Parking. We had to make three laps of the block to get into Valet Parking because it was so busy (Australia Day is a very busy day in the city). Valet Parking cost an additional $50, and the first Valet we spoke with was unsure if there was space, but another Valet assisted us and was very friendly.

On check in, which was efficient, we queried the Valet charge with the duty manager who did promise to have an explanation for us before check-out relating to the additional charge.

The room we had was superb. The hotel had been very good to give us a River facing room (as per my email request) with a direct view of Langley Park and the activity preceding the fireworks. It had a fantastic River view, was large and spacious with a huge bathroom (bath and shower), large comfortable bed, writing desk, two chairs and an extra window with a view of the next door Novotel Langley.

Pacific Club rooms have their own lift access, which made them very easy to access after the sky show (the hotel looked pretty full and when we walked back to the hotel after the fireworks there had to be about 100 people waiting for the ordinary lifts, so it was very nice to have separate lifts). The rooms are very pleasant.

The next morning we had breakfast in the Pacific Club which is included in the room rate for this type of accommodation. The club has its own secure entry. It was a typical buffet with friendly attendants. Hot food, cold food, toasts, breads, yoghurt, juice and an espresso machine. The atmosphere is pleasant.

Check out was efficient and friendly; however there was no follow up from the Duty Manager on our parking charge, so I paid the extra $50 (I have since been contacted by the General Manager to clarify).

In all, it would have been a perfect stay had we not experienced the issue with the parking, but this remains my favourite hotel in Perth and I appreciated the General Manager making contact with me after our departure.

Room Tip: Choose the Pacific Club rooms. These cost a little bit more, but come with huge bonuses - they are l...
Dear Maritime_Historian
My thanks for your comprehensive review. I always appreciate constructive feedback and thank you for your comments. I am delighted to read that our hotel is still your most favourite in Perth and I do appreciate your support. Over holiday weekends and in particular Australia Day, parking can be an issue and therefore our Parking Included packages and or Valet Parking will always ensure you have ready access to a car park bay – especially when there are so many road closures and parking restrictions imposed by council over this weekend. It was a pleasure speaking to you in relation to some of your earlier concerns and I am delighted that we have managed to resolve these and will have the opportunity of welcoming you “HOME” soon
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Slept there one night only, no dinner or breakfast, and bedroom was adequate for the purpose. Clean and comfortable but dated as was the bathroom. Haven't seen that colour bathroom tile since avocado toilets were in vogue. As for the shower, I suspect it was installed when people were considerably shorter and didn't mind water all over the bathroom floor. Could have coped but there were no towels provided !!!! Being an older hotel (previously badged as the Sheraton) rooms are quite small, windows small but great views where I was.Would stay one night again but not for more than that.

Room Tip: Facing the park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Buccaneer-001

My sincere thanks for your review and my apologies that there were some issues with your bathroom. All our rooms are cleaned and then checked by a supervisor and I am at a loss to explain why there were no bath towels in your room. These are located on a towel rail on the wall in each room so please do accept my apologies for this oversight. I do hope that despite this hiccup, we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have stayed at Pan Pacific Perth at least once or twice a year for the past 7 years, it was the Sheraton up until a couple of years ago. The last stay in November was our anniversary and we were greeted with a smile and friendly service. In our room we had a complimentary plate with chocolates on it for the special occasion. Having stayed in the Pacific Club rooms with access to the Club Room for drinks and canapés and breakfast is always very nice. We will have many more stay's in the years to come.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are great value.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TKHLANE
A very happy anniversary for November and our thanks for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in 2013.- until then
Perth, AUS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed the night for a wedding and received a good price of $180. As we booked at the last minute we only got a "standard" room which was dated and a bit average all round. However, for this price I can't complain. The function room for the wedding was outstanding and I can certainly recommend that side of the hotel. Parking cost us $30 which was a bit steep when I could have parked for free on the street outside. Generally OK but don't expect the Ritz.

Room Tip: I suggest try getting a deluxe room, which I assume must be better than what we had.
Dear Nick T
Thank you for you review and I am delighted to read you found our recently refurbished function rooms top class. We do believe, and this has been confirmed by our guests, that the new rooms are certainly the best in the market and I am therefore please to see that once again this has been confirmed. I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here both before and after and holiday in Margaret River. We had very good rooms on both occasions – 20th and 23rd floors. The hotel has a very pleasant foyer and bar and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our only complaint is that while Wi-Fi is freely available in the foyer and bar areas it is chargeable in your room. The hotel is well located and it’s possible to get the free CAT bus to most parts of the CBD (provided someone tells you about it, as did the concierge).

Dear Terry 6004
Thank you for your review and I must apologise that the team did not make you aware that as a member of our guests loyalty program GHA Discovery, internet is complimentary within the hotel. Sign up to this is free and can be done on line.
Grant

Been to Pan Pacific Perth? Share your experiences!