“Decent business hotel in central location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Perth

You added Pan Pacific Perth to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (East Perth)   |
Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Decent business hotel in central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Having previously stayed at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth, I would say that the Pan Pacific is a much better alternative overall. The lobby area is spacious and welcoming and the rooms are a good size and comfortable. Location is great near the river. Service overall was good although although could be better - wake-up call was 8 minutes late and a request to the concierge to make a dinner reservation resulted in me being told no reservations were available only for me to call the restaurant directly and I was able to make an immediate booking with no problem and restaurant had lots of tables available! While this is no glitzy 5 star gem, it serves it purpose and was overall a pleasant hotel stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear dsbali
I am pleased to note from your review that we have won over a business traveller from another property. My sincere apologies however for the lapse in the service delivery aspect where we erred in terms of your wake-up call and restaurant reservation. I will most certainly be investigating both of these incidents as they should not have occurred and again my apologies we did not deliver in this regard. I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

The room was very spacious and bright. We had a good view of both the swan river as well as the city. The location was also convenient for shoppers as shopping at Hay St is just a 10min walk away. Service staff were friendly but no extra mile was shown. The only down side was the bathroom. It was done with dark green tilts which made it looked old and dull. The drainage system was also bad at the shower as the water was up my ankle level by the time i finished my shower.

• Stayed October 2011
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Karengoh21
My sincere thanks for your review and the posted photos. My apologies for the issues with your shower, something that I hope was reported and fixed during your stay. Sadly problems can arise, however once aware, every effort is made to resolve these problems to the guests complete satisfaction. I will also attempt to locate your booking and have the drainage looked at on the off chance it was not rectified.
Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We just stayed one night here and it was fantastic. As someone else mentioned, check in line was very long, but the service was great. The Club Rooms have different lifts and are in a separate wing of the hotel. No waiting for a lift as it was very quiet as was the whole club room floor. We were treated to afternoon tea in the Club Lounge, cakes, sandwiches, biscuits and great coffee. Then it was back to the Club lounge for a sundowner. Great champagne, wines, beers etc - as many as you liked, along with nibblies, cheeses, hot food. All included in the price. Fantastic value, and when I return, I will definately stay in the CLub Room again... breakfast was not as extensive as the restaurant, but it was nice to be in a quiet club lounge, than having to queue in Monterays.
Room was very modern and the bathroom huge - very clean. Robes and slippers and great toiletries. We loved it here.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra expense, book the newly refurbished club rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Dear Julie072
Thank you for your “Club rooms are the Best” review. Our new Pacific Club rooms do receive regular positive comments and I am pleased to see you found them great value for money. I do look forward to you becoming a regular Pacific Club guest.
Tom Price, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed two nights here, upon arrival from an international flight we were asked by the doorstaff if we wanted help with our bags out of the taxi????? We had 5 bags, of course we wanted help. We were checked in with prompt service and our bags brought up to our room as expected. We had a corner room with good views and plenty of space but it was nothing special, the bathroom was tiny, and ugly. The minibar was ridiculously priced, $5 for a small bottle of coke???? We dined downstairs and had the buffet, the food and service was excellent.....great friendly service with exceptional food. Taxis are available out the front all the time, but don`t expect a smile or even a hello from doorstaff. When it was time for checkout we called the front counter as we required assistance with our bags, it was confirmed someone was on their way, we waited nearly 15 minutes, tried to call front counter again with no answer, so lugged our bags down by ourselves and checked out. It wasn`t until we were literally outside the front door that an english accented doorman helped us with our bags.....good service. We were not left with a very good impression of this hotel, and for $592 dollars for a two night stay plus incidentals this hotel does not deliver value for money, or 5 star service at all. Will not stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
My sincere thanks for your review and my apologies that you felt the welcome was not up to our usual five star standard. I will most certainly be investigating the issues with the porters as the issues you have described are not in keeping with their normal high standards. It is always sad that we are unable to turn back the clock and whilst we aim at the highest service levels and certainly we have a reputation for delivering on this, sadly problems can arise, however once aware, every effort is made to resolve these problems to the guests complete satisfaction. Please be assured that we will indeed do everything we are able to, to make sure that should you choose to return, your total stay will be to the standard you would expect from a five star establishment.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is an older hotel, previously managed by Sheraton. Expect to line-up for check-in/check-out, as front desk is chronically understaffed. The rooms are reasonable in size and have a very comfortable bed and good pillows/nice linen. Bathrooms are very small and dated with shower over bath. Breakfast is your average buffet, the restaurant where it is served, lacks atmoshpere and you would most likely not spend much time there. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The CBD of Perth is not very exciting but restaurant Balthazar, which is approx. 15 min. walk from the hotel, is very good and should not be missed if you want to have dinner in the CBD.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear GoodFoodFanOz
My sincere thanks for your review and our apologies that you experienced a delay at the front desk. We do have up to 6 terminals on the desk and during peak times, these are most certainly all manned. I will be taking this issue up with the Rooms Division team to ascertain what has happened and put measures in place to rectify the problem to ensure there is no repeat. My thanks again for taking the time to post your review and we do look forward to welcoming you back.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We have just stayed at the Pan Pacific for 3 nights. We were greeted on arrival and our car was put in valet parking which was a huge help for us.
The check in process was fast and the porters were extremely helpful.
All our bags were taken to our room. On check in I requested a cot as we have a 4 month old, the cot was in our room within 5 minutes of us arriving, including a lovely towel and extra toiletries for the baby which was great!!!
The conference facilities were wonderful and again, staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
Meals were nice, but far too expensive, I found the food at the buffet was not hot enough and the man that served us was not that friendly or helpful.
Only complaint would be the stink of cigarette smoke we had when we arrived back in our room, I had to ring the reception and my call was returned by an extremely friendly duty manager who gave us a new room, in which the porter came and helped us move.
The smell was unbearable and was almost as if the cleaner had been smoking, although that day our room was cleaned to an immaculate condition.
Other than your own restaurants, we found it hard to find info on any others around the area.
overall a great stay, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear StayzWA
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to note you had a great stay with us. We are very proud of our newly refurbished conference floor and certainly the conference rooms and facilities have received rave reviews. I am sorry that there was a smoke smell in your room. When we opened as Pan Pacific in January, our hotel went 100% smoke free, with us deep cleaning the previous smoking room floor, but on the odd occasion when a guest does not abide by the no-smoking policy, we do levy a charge for us to be able to once again deep clean the room. I will have the team investigate as to why your room smelt of smoke as this should not have been the case. We too cannot wait for your return visit. Until then, regards
Grant
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in October.

Room was a standard large hotel room but a little tired in places - some scratches on the walls and paintwork etc.

Bathroom was a decent size but a little old and should be modernised.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall good for business stay or short visit to Perth.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear MJKH
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to see that you rated the hotel good for a business stay. My apologies for the little maintenance issues, which I will have addressed with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Been to Pan Pacific Perth? Share your experiences!