“More like a 4-star hotel than 5” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Perth

You added Pan Pacific Perth to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (East Perth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Pacific Escape
Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“More like a 4-star hotel than 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

The Pan Pacific fails to convince me that it's a 5 star hotel, 4 at best. But don't get me wrong it was still a nice stay just not quite 5-star standard.

It's a 15min walk to Hay St mall or as I discovered a $15 taxi ride.

The pool was closed and the gym fails to impress. Food offering was limited on the room service menu and prices are towards the high side. There's a pub across the road at the Novotel which offers a meal at more reasonable prices.

The king size bed was nice and comfortable and the room was clean and had all necessary amenities, however lacked the "wow" factor that should come with a 5-star

Buffet breakfast was alright but again failed to convince that it was a 5 star offering.

All in all a decent hotel and if the price was right I'd stay again but just don't expect to be blown away.

• Stayed September 2011
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Contactim
My sincere thanks for your review and my apologies that you felt we missed the mark in terms of the service offering. I have investigated the closed pool you mentioned and other than a two day period in February where we had to repair some tiles and pool lights, the pool has been open as usual so I am at a loss as to why when you stayed you mentioned it was unavailable for use- that being said however, you were for some reason not allowed access to the pool and for this I must sincerely apologise. May I thank you again for raising the issues in your review as it with these comments that we are able to review and adjust our product and service offering with the intention of a constant five star delivery. I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Indonesian first
ararat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I came to this hotel to relax and enjoy our stay in Perth but all went pear shape once the sun went down. It was pleasing to see that the hotel staff were friendly on arrival but did not have knowledge of tourist information services within the city. Our room was small but cosy. The bathroom was relatively clean but not spotless and very outdated. The bed and pillows were a treat and we were really looking forward to having a quiet and relaxing night. This did not happen as the walls in the rooms are paper thin making it possible to hear clearly what your neighbours are up to. Unfortunately for us, we had obnoxious persons staying next door who were loud, rude and obscene. This is hardly the hotels fault but there was no information provided in the room as to internal contact numbers. I had to call the internal emergency number to obtain the reception number who in turn contacted security. Not sure if security managed to attend but some 45 minutes after my call the noise subsided finally getting to sleep at 2.30am. Not what I call a relaxing night!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
GrantRaubenheimer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Perth, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear MichellemArarat
Thank you for your review and my apologies that there was an issue with your room. Our rooms are in fact extremely well sound proofed so I am a little concerned to read you were able to hear noise from the adjoining room. I will attempt to locate the room you stayed in in order to do some investigating but I am extremely sorry you were not able to have a restful night. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to gain some credibility back in your eyes and in this regard would welcome a call to ensure your next stay is as expected of our hotel.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Pan Pacific is located in the quieter parth of East Perth. The service and attention to customers is great, although they were unable to respond to my request to have the internet connection fixed. It turned out that they had given us a faulty LAN cable, but we had to take the initiative on the 2nd night to ask for another cable. Overall the hotel room is comfortable and provides all the basic comforts. The rooms are in need of refurbishment and appear to be something out of the 80s, but are functional and more importantly clean and hygienic. Overall I would say that if it were not for the corporate rate that I have, I would say that this hotel offers very little value for money.

Room Tip: Book ahead if travelling mid-week, as Perth appears to be a weekday fly-in type of city.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Excessive-Baggage
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so pleased to read that the team delivered on the service and attention but must apologise that we were unable to rectify your internet problem – we have had a batch of faulty internet cables which we are currently swapping out of all of our rooms, and I am sorry that this had not occurred when you stayed. I do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here for a Trade conference and was a little under whelmed by my room. It was clean and the bed was comfortable, but it needs updating. Bathroom was disappointing in that it has been semi renovated, but they haven't managed to pull this off very well. Check in was swift and my room was ready early which was a bonus and most appreciated. Also housekeeping was very good leaving me extra bathroom supplies when requested. Staff are friendly and welcoming but I felt the room was a bit of a let down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear HunterKiwi
Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were a little let down by the room. I am pleased to let you know we are finalising plans to refurbish the last remaining rooms of the hotel which will include the bathrooms. We do currently have, in our view and certainly the view of our guests, the best Club Rooms on offer, with spacious rooms and modern spacious bathrooms which would certainly be an option in the meantime. I do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Four of us took up 2 rooms on the 13th floor. The views of the Swan River was nice but the rooms were small by Aussie standards. As this was previously the Sheraton, it is obvious that the hotel lobby has been totally refurbished but the bathrooms in the rooms were shabby, with old green mosaic tiles. The shower area was the tightest I have been in for a long time and I am not big by any standard. The bathtub was old and way too shallow to have a decent soak. Pity as the location is very good in Perth.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear VincentLau
Thank you for taking the time to post your review from which I note the issues with the un-refurbished bathroom. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of finalising plans to modernise and refurbish these last remaining rooms. In the meantime, all of our Club Rooms have very spacious modern new bathrooms and still do offer some fantastic views of the Swan River. Thanks again for your comments.
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stay in the PPP quite frequently, approx 3 times per year about a week each time. The fact that I keep going back ghere must say its OK for a business traveller like me - but frankly i wouldn't stay thyere on my own dollar as it is too expensive, probably even by currenty WA standards. Rooms are good, try to get checked into the club wing - rooms are newer and the free breakfast is convenient. I am too mean to pay the $35 + tax for breakfast, so unless I am in the club wing i grab a sanwich + coffee en route to the office. PPP's location on Adelaide Terrace is good, <5mins walk to the red cat free bus service on Hay St and ~10 mine to barrick St jetty. There is a convenience store accross the road and a Woolies 10 mins up St George's terr. Surprisingly I never figured out where the nearest liquor store is.

Room Tip: Try to get into the club wing
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Rollingstone8
Thank you for your comments and of course for your repeat visits. I would love to catch up with you in person on your next visit to discuss your business and stays with us and ultimately to ensure that each and every stay with us is five star. I do appreciate your comments as it is through these that we are able to adjust our offering and continually improve. I look forward to your next visit and hopefully the chance to meet.
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights before embarking on a driving trip down south and returned for a night's stay before heading back to Singapore.
First 2 nights - the room was very clean and tastefully furnished; very modern. But it was a disappointment that we were given a room without a bathtub which my son would have loved. Oddly, my friend was given a room on the a higher floor and with a tub though I was the one who booked for her using my corporate account.
Last night - to our surprise, we were upgraded to the River View Suite which was very nice. Lots of space for my little one and the bath tub kept him occupied. Maybe the upgrade is to compensate for the wrong room allocated during our initial visit? Not sure, but all in all, that is very nice gesture. Much appreciated.

All in all, the stay was very pleasant. The staff allowed me to bring the conversion plug along for my road trip which was very nice of them.
Will definitely stay at Pan Pacific when I next visit Perth :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I am so pleased to read that we set the tone for your vacation- no better praise could be received and I thank you for that. I will certainly pass your comments onto the team who do enjoy receiving such feedback as it is testament to their efforts to provide a positive memorable hotel experience. Please accept my apologies if an error was made in your original nights room allocation but, I am glad it was rectified.

Been to Pan Pacific Perth? Share your experiences!