“Don't let the outside fool you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pensione Hotel Perth

Save Saved
You added Pensione Hotel Perth to your Saves list
Pensione Hotel Perth
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Pier Street | Cnr of Murray St, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Formerly The Pensione Hotel )   |
Ranked #6 of 57 hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't let the outside fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently stayed at Pensione Hotel Perth. On my arrival, I was a little confused that the website showed this elegant, pleasant looking rooms. The outside of the building made me think that I had arrived t the wrong place. Anyway, I checked in, and the facility inside is exactly what was the vision I had and was led to believe the place would look like. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and thanks to Brett and his staff for a very pleasurable stay. Looking forward to my next trip.

PS - The room service meals are amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Keep doing what your doing because it works!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Marty W,

Thank you for your feedback.

As they say “you can’t judge a book by its cover” and we certainly like to create a warm and inviting atmosphere as soon as you arrive at the hotel. With the refurbishment completed last year this has definitely created a home away from home.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Perth.

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had not heard of this establishment before but needed somewhere reasonably cheap to stay for one night. Was a bit a apprehensive but was very pleasantly surprised. Before I arrived I requested to be upgraded to another room. This was done for me at no charge! I was also allowed to book in at 12noon instead of 2pm and check out at 12.00 noon the next day instead of 10am. The receptionist was extremely pleasant and helpful even giving my granddaughter a little box of chocolates on arrival. Obviously not 5 star but comfortable, cheap and clean. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marilee M.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We always strive to provide the best service and will do everything possible to cater for special requests to ensure your stay is more comfortable and enjoyable. I am pleased we were able to assist you with an early check-in, late check-out and room upgrade.

Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

A one night business trip and this hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of Perth.The downside to this is that as the hotel sits on a corner you are subjected to the constant beeps of the pedestrian crossings up to near midnight and the noise from drunks et al all through the night.
The rooms are small but clean, I was in in fact upgraded but couldn't see what from - maybe a cupboard. Bring you're own water as the water from the taps tastes awful and it's not chlorine. Furthermore the bottled water they put in the room is $7.50 for a litre.

I didn't but I'd recommend pre booking your car park space as there are only about 7 available and the street parking is on an hourly basis - hotel charges $25 a day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear alexkyp

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It’s great to hear how you found the location of Pensione Hotel Perth so convenient for your business trip, although I am saddened to hear that the comfort of your stay was affected due to outside noise. Our friendly team at reception would have been more than happy you assist you with moving to a room away from this area and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We have a number of different room types here at the hotel and you were upgraded to our Deluxe Corporate room which are ideal for the corporate traveller. If more space is required we would recommend our Premium Double rooms which feature a sitting area with two arm chairs and 40” inch LED TV’s.

Thank you for you tip regarding booking car parking. We certainly do have limited parking on site and definitely recommend this is pre-booked to guarantee a spot.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent value for money (with Perth accommodation generally being a bit expensive), with great location on eastern edge of CBD (walking distance to everywhere and incredible free city circuit bus at the door), extremely helpful staff and clean rooms with simple modern decor - while not large are certainly adequate. Would pay to check the room type carefully if you require more space or speak to the staff. We stayed there for a week and felt right at home. Was a bit noisy on Saturday night due to the bar right next door but that's life in the big smoke! Speaking of which, the My Place Bar offer incredible value meals and a generous discount to hotel patrons as well - so it balances out nicely. Good security in lift and rooms. We will certainly book again if back in Perth. - Phil.

Dear PhilA644,

Thank you for you kind words and feedback, I have certainly passed this on to our team!

It’s great to hear that you found Pensione Hotel Perth such great value and centrally located in this busy city!

We pride ourselves on making sure every one of our guests has a comfortable and relaxing stay and I’m delighted to hear you felt right at home during your weeks stay with us. It’s also great to hear how you found your room clean and modern, we are just as happy with our refurbishment as you are!

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Sun Valley, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

the pensione hotel is a very clean, efficient hotel within walking distance to the sites in CBD Perth.
The staff is very friendly, rooms modern and a good size. Resturant adjoining hotel is excellent. Long week end rates can often be had for $148 AU, an excellent price in Perth. We moved to this hotel from Miss Maude's which is across the street and felt this was a much better value, newer and most important the staff was much more friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear jim b,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff very friendly and the price excellent value.

We can’t wait to welcome you back when you are next in Perth.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is located conveniently smack in the city centre so getting around is extremely convenient. When I hailed a cab from Perth Airport my driver wasn't aware of this hotel's name (I presume it's because it's only been recently renamed) - so make sure you have some sort of map, address or landmarks on hand before you go.

The hotel receptionist staff is very helpful - we arrived at 10.30 in the morning, and while our room was still unavailable, they offered to store our luggage in a locked luggage storage area.

The room itself is relatively small but kind of expected given the price and the location. It's well maintained and clean.

One downside of staying in this place is that it's located directly adjacent to a loud bar - on our first night (Saturday). The loud bass music is clearly audible in our room on the 6th floor (second highest), and this went on until at least 12am which was when we drifted off to sleep. It's something to watch out for if you are staying on Friday or Saturday, and I presume wouldn't be a problem on most other days (our subsequent Sunday night was quiet and uneventful).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear youngyew,

Thank You for your feedback.

We are always receiving such positive reviews in regards to our central location, economical rates and cleanliness of our rooms and I am so glad that you were able to experience this.

The hotel has had a full refurbishment and re-branding that was completed a year ago and unfortunately this did cause some confusion for taxi drivers although we did notify all taxi companies at the end of the refurbishment to ensure that all of their drivers were aware of these changes.

I am thrilled to hear that our team were helpful and provided you with the option to store your luggage until your room became available.

My Place Bar and Restaurant is run independently to the hotel and some noise can be experienced on Friday and Saturday nights as it is the busiest period. If informed, one of our team members would have been more than happy to find a room more suitable for you to minimise your disturbance. We will certainly pass your feedback onto the management team from My Place in regards to the closing hours.

When returning to Perth please contact us directly as we would love to welcome back.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I travel toPerth frequently for work and always have difficulties in getting accommodation that is comfortable and value for money. I was booked into. Standard room for 3 nights. Price was great for Perth. Rooms were very small- so small that there is no where to open your suitcase out completely. Bed and pillows were good. I'm glad I didn't want to work in the room as the desk and stool would not have been good. Bathroom was small but did the job. The place felt new. Breakfast was served across the road at Miss Maud's, standard buffet.

I would return due to the price and location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Honkin243,

Thank you for your review!

I am delighted that even with demand for accommodation in Perth being high especially during the week that you found the hotel to be comfortable and great value for money. This is something that “Pensione Hotels” have become renowned for in all of our capital city locations around Australia.

It is great to see that you would return to stay with us, so please contact us directly as we would love for you to experience one of our larger rooms during you next stay.

Brett Taylor

Been to Pensione Hotel Perth? Share your experiences!