Stayed at the Pensione Hotel (Standard Double Room) for business on the recommendation of my company travel agent. My comments have all been said before by others.
- Cheap for Perth (but still overpriced)
- Newly refurbished hotel with smart, neutral decor
- Comfortable bed
- Close to the Murray St Mall
- Staff are helpful and available 24 hrs
- Tiny, Tiny rooms. Smaller than most budget London hotels I've stayed in.
- No room for a suitcase. Seriously, anything bigger than carry-on will block the hall.
- No space to work. There is a small desk return but you have to sit on the bed to work
- No drawers. There is a cupboard for a few shirts but no drawer space
- Outlooks onto the roof of neighbouring buildings - not a good outlook
- WiFi is passable ($10 per day)
- Area can be a bit seedy at night.
All-in-all, a comfortable stay but the hotel wouldn't be my first choice for business because of the size of the room and lack of work space. At $250 a night it is cheap for Perth but that doesn't make it good value.
Tip: If leaving early morning, Cabs can be very hard to get between 4am and 6am so book one the night before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beaming on the corner of Pier and bustling Murray Street is an attractively refurbished 98 room gem on the doorstep of the best that Perth has to offer. You’ll find the free central bus, Perth station, streets lined full of shops for retail therapy and endless dining options at your fingertips – so you can make the most out of your trip.The Pensione Hotel has undergone an extensive refurbishment stamping it with the fresh signature style you’d expect to see from the Pensione brand. Warm white walls, tufted leather headboard, soft neutral carpet, luxuriously thick curtains, crisp white linen and exceptionally comfortable pillow-top mattresses will turn your room into a cosy oasis for the frequent corporate traveller, quick getaway or adventurous holiday.Equipped with your everyday in-room necessities, you also have full access to the independently owned My Place Bar and Restaurant menu serving all your favourite dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Pensione team are at your every beck and call to offer you the personalised and professional service we know you’d love see and expect from a boutique property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pensione Hotel Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aarons Hotel Perth - By 8 Perth
- Perth Aarons Hotel