Stayed at the Pensione Hotel (Standard Double Room) for business on the recommendation of my company travel agent. My comments have all been said before by others.
- Cheap for Perth (but still overpriced)
- Newly refurbished hotel with smart, neutral decor
- Comfortable bed
- Close to the Murray St Mall
- Staff are helpful and available 24 hrs
- Tiny, Tiny rooms. Smaller than most budget London hotels I've stayed in.
- No room for a suitcase. Seriously, anything bigger than carry-on will block the hall.
- No space to work. There is a small desk return but you have to sit on the bed to work
- No drawers. There is a cupboard for a few shirts but no drawer space
- Outlooks onto the roof of neighbouring buildings - not a good outlook
- WiFi is passable ($10 per day)
- Area can be a bit seedy at night.
All-in-all, a comfortable stay but the hotel wouldn't be my first choice for business because of the size of the room and lack of work space. At $250 a night it is cheap for Perth but that doesn't make it good value.
Tip: If leaving early morning, Cabs can be very hard to get between 4am and 6am so book one the night before.