“Great location, just outside of City Centre on Blue CAT line.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel

You added Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   112 Mounts Bay Rd | Mounts Bay Village, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Atlanta, GA
“Great location, just outside of City Centre on Blue CAT line.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

We stayed here for two weeks, and used this as a base of operations to see southwestern AU. We couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodations!

Unlike some other less impressed hotel guests, we had absolutely no problems with our apartment, facilities, front desk staff, or restaurant. We found all items well kept. If any (minor) imperfections were found, the front desk staff was more than accommodating, courteous, and responsive. (We needed a spray bottle to iron our clothes. We called the front desk, and they dispatched someone with a new bottle in short time.) The restaurant was convenient, and had delicious made-to-order meals.

We had a wonderful view of Perth, the Swan River, and Kings Park from our sixth floor apartment. Our two-bedroom apartment was perfect - simple, basic - but exactly what we needed. (We don't go on vacation and stay in the room 24/7.) The apartment was clean (always my MAIN priority when seeking accommodations), well lit, and spacious. It is not flash - if that's what you desire. The master suite was large and equipped with a comfortable king-sized bed, large closet with full-length mirrors, and safe. The second bedroom was handy for staging and keeping of our purchases.

The living area, dining room, and kitchen were nicely furnished. The kitchen has everything one may need to cook & eat. Flatware, dishes, glasses, cookware, and all appliances - and even milk for one's afternoon tea!

The bathroom was large and equipped with hair dryer, soaps, shampoos, et al, and plenty of soft towels. There is also a hallway closet - which wasn't necessary for us - but would be available if you needed to store any large items. A utility room with washer & dryer was a delight (and used often), along with a separate toilet room with wash basin.

The apartment was quiet and comfortable. The AC/heating unit in the living area was more than sufficient for the entire apartment. The maid service is a great bonus. Whenever we left for the day and returned, the apartment had been set back to the original clean condition like magic. There are two pools, an exercise facility, banquet facility, and computers available in the main lobby - but we did not use them. Internet access isavailable in the room for an additional fee.

The Village has the bonus of being near a freeway, but noise or traffic was never a problem. It also has a Blue CAT bus stop in front of the complex - which is a HUGE benefit. One can easily hop on this free shuttle to go into the City Centre and access all of which Perth offers. We loved using it several times throughout our stay.

I also want to mention the sense of security we had at Mounts Bay Village. One needed a pass key to gain access to each building, the elevator, the floor one was on, and underground parking. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

As part of relocation I stayed for 3 weeks in a 1 bedroom hotel apartment in Mounts Bay Waters. great location, easy walking to the CBD, very nice,clean, spacious apartmen with great on site facilities (pool, gym, tennis & coffeshop). Very reasonable rate- good serice-recomended

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Location walking distance to King Park and Botanic Garden. The "CATS" service just outside the apartment, minutes to City.
Clean, convenience, quiet.
Kitchen's utensils are quite complete and will help to save on breakfast & dinner, specially those travelling with family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Earlier this year some young female friends, my sisters and I stayed at the Mounts Bay apartments. We all feared for our safety when an angry man who claimed he was a permanent resident knocked on our door and began swearing and shouting at us. My sister had accidently parked her car in his parking space as it was not adequately signed as being for 'residents only' , and although we immediately shifted the car for the man we later found the car with four panels of paint scratched with a key.
Despite our requests for management to review the carpark security footage nothing has been done. Without this evidence the police can do nothing to prosecute the man who so obviously caused this damage.
What was the point of my sister paying to have her car 'safely' locked up in the underground parking if no form of security is provided? I am so angry that management have let this bully get away with it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I was visiting Perth with my teenage son and my two younger children. When we first checked in we were given a room with a strong cigarette odor. The staff offered to move us but I thought it would go away with a good air freshener. It didn't and I went to request another apartment. They were very accommodating and when I apologised for the trouble I felt I was causing the girl smiled and said "but we are here to serve you" That was the attitude of everyone we came in contact with and that is how we felt the whole time. Any time we asked for something they were more than helpful. The walls are a little thin, however, I have found that to be the case almost anywhere I have travelled. We were 100% satisfied with the service we received. The location is perfect, within walking distance of the city and also having the CAT stop just out front. The potential is there for parking to be a problem although we didn't have any trouble at all in that regard. We were there for over three weeks and could not have had a better experience anywhere. Security is fabulous. You cannot enter the building without a key and if someone should slip in, they cannot go up in the elevator without a key and that key only allows you to get off at your floor. The apartments were stocked with basics: saucepans, frypan, cups, plates, mugs, glasses, cutlery, toaster, kettle etc. All in all, we could not have asked for more. It was a very positive experience and I would not hesitate to stay there again and I absolutely recommend the apartments.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

ecently stayed at Mounts Bay with my family whilst doing some work in Perth. We found it really expensive $275 per night (no deals) for just the apartment. There's a little badly stocked shop nearby but to self cater you had to take a bus into town (excellent free Blue Cat bus service BTW but it stops at 6pm M-Th so you have to be organised!). The onsite resturant was also expensive and not great quality. I found the reception staff a mixed bunch - exceptional friendly service from Rasa (sp?) but the others were mostly abrupt. The hotel wifi was unservicable most of our stay but the hotel still wanted to charge for the use of the one in reception which I thought was bad service.
The rooms are fine but be prepared for mosquitos if you leav the window open and the bedrooms are uncomfortably hot - the is only a/c in the lounge and the unit is outside the bedroom windows so very noisy.
The kitchen is fine - nice fridge, dishwasher etc but a few basics missing - breadboard, teapot, serving dishes.
There was a super washing machine and dryer which was useful.
The swimming pools were freezing and the areas dingy, the gyms both had lots of u/s equipment.
Overall, the location is fine and the apartemnt ok - good maid service and comfortable beds but our 8 day stay was more than $2000..so poor value for money. If we had to return to Perth we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009
Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

We recently had a one night stay at this hotel. Driving from the airport, we had to do a few laps of the city to find the hotel. When we arrived, there's no dedicated reception parking area, so my husband had to stay with the car in case it needed to be moved. My son and I found the checkin process very frustrating..I had booked a double room on the internet(they had no record of this) , my son's room had been booked and paid for by his employer (they insisted that he had to pay $340 as they had no record of his employer's account). When he refused to pay, they suddenly found the account was fine.
We then had to produce our credit cards and they charged $1 to each account. What's that all about? I understand them verifying our cards, but why charge $1? We had been travelling for 10 hours, we needed a speedy, friendly, professional checkin,not the experience that we had!
The minimart next door was handy, the attached restaurant did great meals,one of the best I've had. Hotel room was fine, would have preferred a DVD player instead of the VCR. Security is over the top, you need to swipe cards to access buildings, lifts, carpark, rooms. Breakfast was average, no eggs apart from scrambled ( I like fried eggs!).

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Been to Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!