“Skylight Atrium” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Perth

You added Hyatt Regency Perth to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bonus 99 Package
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Connecticut
“Skylight Atrium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The peaceful, cool lobby welcomed us with piano music. The very large hotel is well-located in the city of Perth. Our room was spacious, clean, modern and comfortable. As expected of a Hyatt, generous amenities were provided. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Liseuc
Thank you very much for your comments, I am glad that you experienced such a warm welcome to our hotel and had a pleasant stay with us. I hope you also enjoyed your visit to Perth and that you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back this way.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Indonesian first
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the end of a cruise from Auckland to Perth. We didn't start well with the Hyatt, Josh the concierge kindly offered to send a car for us when we were stranded in the city. One hour later we were still sitting with our luggage by the side of the road, due partly to my misunderstanding of how to give directions in a strange city, and when the lady driver finally arrived she rushed across the pavement with a face like thunder, and has the distinction off being the only person in all of our month-long travels who was unpleasant. On arrival at the hotel Josh ensured we could get into our room early, and also gave us a bottle of sparking wine. We later called the Concierge desk with another query, and the promised reply did not arrive - another assistant was helpful when we went down to the desk. The room was small but adequate with a nice lot of lights, a large TV and a lovely view over the Swan River. The bathroom was okay with lots of useful accessories. We used room service, which was really excellent, the food arrived promptly and was nicely set out. When we requested an adaptor plug Housekeeping sent it to the room immediately, which was much appreciated. There was a nice selection of food at lunch and breakfast, with a charming efficient waitress, and a comfortable lounge area with fountain. BUT the side tables were covered with dust, with thick dust on the top of the grand piano, no excuse for that. Position of hotel not bad, Perth free bus stops just outside, and the hotel runs a shuttle bus. My opinion would be a nice four star hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mrsje
I am sorry that despite Josh’s good intentions, your arrival at the hotel was somewhat eventful and certainly not the smooth transition from ship to shore that you would have preferred; clearly not the ideal start to your visit. Your additional observations – particularly regarding the dusty areas - are also greatly appreciated, and I will be discussing these with my team to ensure these are addressed.
I am pleased that our staff were, for the most part, quick to respond to your requests and hope that you may still consider staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to Perth.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have just completed a four night stay at this hotel and am a little disappointed. At first glance the room was inviting - very clean and well appointed. It was when I showered that things went spiralling down. I stepped out of the cubicle to a flooded floor and at first thought I must have left the door ajar. Next shower and with careful attention to the door - same result. A call for maintenance for that problem, and another received a reaonable response with half the problems being rectified. With assurances that drains had been attended to I showered - flooded again. Then there was the toilet - not mine, next door. I really did not appreciate hearing every detail of that person's 'loo time'. Next, flushing the loo. A raucus racket from both my room and neighbouring rooms. Not good in the middle of the night. And then... Doing, doing, doing, doing the loud noise from the floor waste every the basin tap was used. Definitely not a restful stay. Sorry Hyatt, a not so good experience at an otherwise good hotel. A good note however - Room cleaning staff are to be complimented on their diligence and attention to detail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear STELING6281
Thank you for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated. I certainly acknowledge the challenges you faced with the shower and noise from neighbouring rooms during your time with us and regret the inconvenience and lack of rest you experienced on this occasion. We are currently reviewing enhancements to our bathrooms, and it is hoped that these can be implemented in the not too distant future.
On a more positive note, I am pleased that you were satisfied with the service provided by our Room Attendants and will pass your comments to our Housekeeping Manager.
I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future occasion.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

A very reliable standard, perfect for corporate travel. Rooms are clean, light and spacious (though try not to get a room too far from the elevators - it's quite the walk with a heavy bag). Room service dinner was pretty underwhelming, but lovely staff in the lobby bar were a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear JLR22
Many thanks for your feedback – particularly about our Lobby staff - it’s good to note that we meet your business travel needs. I am sorry, however, that our Room Service meal didn’t match your expectations - I’ll pass this on to our Executive Chef as I’m sure he’ll be keen to follow this up with his team. Please also ask our Concierge to help with your luggage next time; they would be only too happy to help and it would certainly relieve the burden of having to cope with a heavy bag on your own.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We went to the Hyatt for the Sunday buffet last week. The food was good, though the restaurant closed at 2pm and we were all asked to leave. The thing that had us reeling was the lobby bar - at 12 midday on a Sunday several of the wines on its (extremely short) wine list were already sold out, the staff were unhelpful and ill informed (though this may well have been due to the poor standard of English they spoke). We asked for Rose, to be told that it is only sold by the glass not the bottle, which was pretty strange, since they had the unopened bottle there. Eventually the duty manager was called and he managed to find us 2 bottles of Rose, (not a lot for a party of 47...) which was apparently the total supply of the entire hotel. Unbelievable! The staff were so unhelpful and unfriendly that when my debit card was declined (security reasons, it is an overseas card), they didn't even check the handset so never realised!! OK for me, I got a free bottle (of very average wine, by that stage every white on the list had sold out so they were just producing random bottles and guessing the prices). I was ashamed to think that tourists would experienne such third world service and judge my city accordingly. Up your game Hyatt - you're an embarrassment!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear travellingjo_10
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to note that you had such a poor experience in our lobby bar. I am not sure why the wine stocks would have been so depleted and am particularly concerned by your comments as to how our staff handled the entire situation. Clearly there are several service and operational issues for us to address. I very much regret the negative perception this has given you of our hotel, and indeed possibly Perth, and would assure you that this is not the level of service we would expect any of our guests – be they tourists or otherwise - to experience and I will be following this up with my management team.
My thanks again for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great hotel with fantastic staff. I took the time to pay close attention to the staff and how they interact as often this will be the platform for a good or bad experience.

One staff member stood out particularly - her name was Sumi (forgive my spelling). She was a star with both challenging guests and also super pleasant to deal with.

Room was fantastic. The structure of the building whilst not the most convenient for getting to and from the elevators, is grand enough to make you enjoy the stroll.

A stay here is recommended.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear TeamDaley
I fully agree that the level of service and interaction provided by our staff are the key ingredients that determine whether our guests have a positive or negative experience and I am naturally delighted that your stay fell in the former category. Thank you very much for your excellent comments regarding Sumi, one of our Teamleaders; I will make sure these are shared with her.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Perth.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's getting pretty tired, especially the guest rooms which feel decidedly 3 star, but this hotel redeems itself with; a good gym/pool; friendly breakfast staff and a FANTASTIC concierge. Many thanks Josh for your insightful and friendly recommendations about Perth restaurants and places to visit. Your suggestions made our weekend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RobandAndrea
Many thanks for your comments, which are greatly appreciated. Good to see you were able to make use of our gym and pool facilities and I will certainly also share your great feedback with Josh. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on any future visits to WA.
Regards
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth.

Been to Hyatt Regency Perth? Share your experiences!