“Hyatt Regency Perth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Perth

You added Hyatt Regency Perth to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Hyatt Regency Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great location, great rooms, excellent room service - always on time and coffee always hot - something not all hotels can manage when delivering to rooms. Helpful staff and nothing too much of a problem.

Room Tip: I was in a riverview room and that was lovely
Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Svetlana J
Thank you very much for your great feedback, particularly regarding our Room Service team and hotel staff in general; this is much appreciated.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back on your next visit to WA.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Indonesian first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 8 nights in a 9th floor Club River View room. Check in was speedy and efficient. Room very well appointed and view excellent. One minor problem was our room 938 which is situated next to a suite, has a connecting door which on one particular night there was a lot of noise from the suite occupants, so a room without a connecting door may be better option.

The Club facilities for breakfast were closed in January and we had to take breakfast in the main restaurant which is not what we expected or paid for. The main restaurant was very busy at weekends and we had to queue to get in on one occasion. No reason was given as to why the club room was closed. However we did manage to breakfast in the club for two mornings in February and this was excellent. The canapés offered in the evening from 6-8pm were exceptional as was the many top ups of our drinks! The staff in Regency Club were very friendly and efficient.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian C
Many thanks for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the several nights you stayed with us. I appreciate your comments regarding the room; for any future visits, please let our Reservations team know you would prefer a non-connecting room so this can also be updated in your guest profile.
I am sorry that the Regency Club wasn’t available for breakfast for the duration of your visit, this was purely a temporary arrangement for January and I am pleased you were able to enjoy the full facilities in the Lounge towards the end of your time with us.
darwin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed in hyatt regency from 25th January till 30th January and must say that I am very disappointed at the housekeeping of the hotel.After checking in, I went to my room and it smelled.Turning on the airconditioner got rid of the smell but however on checking the room, I discovered that there were no bottles of complimentary water.Because it was an extremely hot day, I needed the water so advised the concierge who got a staff to deliver the water to me.The next day was no better as the cleaner threw away my box of dental floss while cleaning the bathroom.I have lived in many hotels and this is the first time I have encountered that.Besides that, I discovered the bathrobe to be dirty and I noticed when I left it to be cleaned, it was exchanged for a cleaner robe but folded and left on the armchair.I am quite shocked as for a five star hotel one would expect better housekeeping than this.Besides that, I am not impressed by the breakfast in the Cafe.I noticed a cook using her hands without gloves when pushing the pikelets to the side to add more pikelets.Also the water jug is always empty on the buffet and I had to ask for more salmon and only got a rude response from an asian waitress.The cafe took forever to get me my coffee and I had to ask more than once for it.i stay annually at different Hyatts and after the excellent service and breakfasts at Park Hyatt Canberra, I must say this Hotel is a real let down.The only plus side of this hotel was that the Front Desk staff were very helpful and did their best to assist me

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear fifi88828
Thank you for your detailed feedback which is very much appreciated. Clearly you did not have a good experience with us on this occasion and I am sorry that this was the case, especially when compared with your recent visit to our sister hotel in Canberra. There are several issues you have highlighted that require our follow up and I certainly apologise for the inconsistencies and shortfalls in our service standards that you encountered during your time with us. I am pleased that your Front Office were able to assist and make a more positive impression on you and hope that you may consider staying with us again on a future occasion.
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights before connecting from Perth to Singapore. The Hotel arranged transfer from the airport which was efficient and good value. The rooms are of a good size and well equipped for a short stay in Perth.
The hotel is mainly for business users but is also very suitable for short stay leisure breaks as located well just to the East of the CBD.
The hotel has an excellent range of eating and drinking options and a good size swimming pool for relaxing by.
I would stay here again when in Perth as Hyatt is a trusted brand and most times everything works as it should.
All in all a good quick stay that was relaxing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Huglum
Many thanks for your feedback and good to note you were able to enjoy a mini break in Perth during your travels – always a welcome respite when doing long journeys. I am pleased you were able to experience many of our facilities whilst staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back should your future travels bring you back to Perth.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great service and beautiful roooms. Enjoyed our stay at hyatt for the weekend. The rooms are a good size, beds are super comfy, high quality linen and towels and above average bathroom amenities. would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mOlly82
Delighted to hear you enjoyed your weekend break with us and thank you very much for the great feedback regarding our room facilities – especially the bed. I hope it won’t be too long before you can enjoy another ‘mini escape’ and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Just completed a three night stay on business and must say have come away very impressed.
I usually stay at the Hilton due to having Gold status but the Hyatt is much better.
I especially liked the complimentary bottled water and wifi. You need to be HHonors Gold to get those at Hilton.
The lobby is a nice spot to enjoy a few drinks after a long day at work and the pool area for a city hotel was quite nice. Love the deep pool.

The location is a bit out of the main CBD but only a 10 minute or so walk. I actually prefer this location as it's much easier to sleep, nice and quiet.

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff all helped to make this a memorable stay.

If I had to be picky, $7 for a soft drink is excessive,even for a 5 star hotel and the king bed was two beds together which I am not normally a fan of.

Will certainly be back when in Perth.

Dear Chesty1
I am really pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for the great feedback you have provided regarding our staff and various facilities. I appreciate your comment regarding the soft drink pricing and have passed this to our F&B Director for his information. With regard to the bedding, when you next make your reservation, please let our Reservation team know not to provide you with a splittable bed so that they can then reflect this preference in your guest profile accordingly.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Thy Hyatt Regency is not bad or good - it is right in the middle. Rooms are large and clean. The hotel is quite big. But, there is not a lot of real style or soul to the place. I was traveling for business and would come again - because it seems like a safe option and rooms are quiet so I can sleep.

Dear ScOttH103
Many thanks for your feedback and I am pleased to read that our hotel suits your business needs whilst you are away from home. We are always looking at ways to improve the ambience of our hotel and appreciate your observations.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Been to Hyatt Regency Perth? Share your experiences!