“Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Perth

You added Hyatt Regency Perth to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Perth. The reception staff were very polite and helpful. I drove and their valet service is very good. I had booked a Deluxe King room which was on the 3rd floor and close enough to the lifts for access but far enough away not to be bothered by use. The room and separate bathroom were a good size, clean and well maintained. The bed was big and comfortable, good pillows.
Downstairs the ambiance was nicely supported by live piano music and the wait service was good. Breakfast was in the ground floor bistro around from reception in the morning and was well catered.
I have stayed here on other occasions and enjoyed the Club accommodation and little extras on the upper floors with views of the river. Well worth trying for that little bit of extra pampering we all deserve.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room when booking your stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Still_Just_Relaxin
As a return guest of ours I very much appreciate the feedback you have provided, particularly on the different styles of accommodation you experienced. I’m also pleased you enjoyed the additional ambiance created by the live music in the Lobby. Our musicians perform Friday and Saturday evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday lunch/afternoon tea periods and we feel it sets a great mood for the weekend whilst encouraging everyone to just sit back and relax for a while.
My thanks once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Indonesian first
Auckland NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Having looked on Trip Advisor at the different hotels in Perth we booked the Hyatt Regency.

We like the way it has been built around a central lounge/ coffee/bar area. It is a very nice area.

We had reserved a club room but on check in was told we had ben upgraded to a suite.

The suite was very nice, spacious and very clean. The room was made up each day when we wanted it and it was always immaculate.

We were entitled to use the club amenities for breakfast and pre dinner drinks.

I have to say that the staff in this facility were absolutely great. They were attentive supplied you with very good measure drinks, the breakfast food variety was overwhelming as was the evening nibbles. Well they were not really nibbles, they were a feast by themselves.

In fact all the staff at the hotel were very good, prompt with bringing ice to our room etc.

The hotel restaurant called the coffee shop was however very poor. The tables were just old Formica and sticky, the cutlery and plates etc not very upmarket at all. The final straw was they brought the meal to me. Its a shame as a hotel of this quality really should have a good quality restaurant.

The only other grumble I had was we visited in the middle of Winter so the night temperatures were getting down a bit and there was absolutely no heating in the foyer area. So we sat there almost shivering whilst having a snack one evening.

There is a bust stop directly outside the hotel too which made it easy to get into the city which as around 2km away.

All in all we enjoyed this hotel, well worth the money and the quality of service made up for the other negatives which I know are being nit picky but when you stay a a Hyatt you should expect the very best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Zara08
Thank you very much for your feedback and I am pleased to learn that you liked the atrium style of our hotel and also the additional benefits that are included as part of our Regency Club accommodation I am sorry, however, that you were somewhat disappointed with the ambience of our Cafe restaurant and Lobby area; we are always looking at ways to improve and enhance our facilities and have therefore noted the comments you made.
My thanks once again for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will consider staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to Perth.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel, I have stayed here now a couple of times, both times was for two nights.
Everything was 1st class. the service and staff were some of the best I've known, and believe me I've stayed in many many 4 and 5 star hotels around the world. Both visits I ate at one of the hotels restarants, and the food and service were both excellent and it was a very busy Saturday night.
Both rooms were a very good size, with a large bathroom, and had soundproofing which worked a treat.I would highly recommend this hotel above any others in Perth, and because I live near Perth and visit often I am in need of a good hotel in which to stay, so glad I found this one, as the others aren't quite as good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear 161LindaD
Thank you very much for your excellent review and the great feedback regarding our hotel and particularly the service provided by our staff, which is very much appreciated. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed both of your visits and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Adam Myott, General Manger, Hyatt Regency Perth
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent my last two nights of a family holiday in Western Australia in the Hyatt Regency Perth. I arrived early - about 11am which was well before check in time but this was not a problem. The room was ready complete with an extra bed for my daughter. It was a large spacious room and even with the extra bed there was loads of room. As this was a base for exploring the city centre I had plenty of questions for the front desk and concierge. They were helpful and knowledgable. I took my daughter for a sandwich in the cafe restaurant on one of the evenings I was there. It was a simple order of a toasted cheese sandwich. It took over an hour to arrive. I asked several times where it was and each time I was told a few more minutes. The cafe was not busy at the time so I have no idea why it took so long When it finally arrived there was no apology for the time it took. Terrible service in a country where service everywhere we went was fabulous. The hotel is well located close to the city centre with lots to do in the area. The decor throughout is very bland. There are large voids on all levels where flower/plant boxes should be but these are empty. If these were filled it would add greatly to the ambience of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dekari
Thank you very much for your feedback, which is much appreciated. It is disappointing to note you had such a lengthy wait for a toasted sandwich and of great concern that our staff failed to offer either an apology or explanation for the delay; I am very sorry this was the case and I will follow this up with my Food & Beverage management team. On a positive note, I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was just a quick overnight trip to Perth en route to the Margaret River, could not have asked for a better hotel.

Although slightly out of the city (there is a free government shuttle), the hotel is riverside and affords some lovely views. If you are feeling flush, ask for one of the suites with a private terrace overlooking the river.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed and I especially loved the bed. I was pleased, as Platinum hyatt Passport member to receive a room upgrade and a lovely bottle of WA red in m,y room.

The room has a small sitting area and the bathroom was well equipped, complete with some lovely toiletries.

We ate at the buffet restaurant for dinner on the first night, which had a special Arabic themed promotion. The food was fresh, tasty and well presented and the service very attentive.

Breakfast in the Regency Club was great - with a selection of cold cuts, cheese, pastries and great coffee. Check out was smooth and staff very friendly and helpful throughout my short visit!

Room Tip: Pay extra or a room with a private terrace overlooking the river
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear rachelannmorris
I am pleased you enjoyed your brief overnight visit with us; it’s always good to be able to break the journey to relax and refresh the batteries when travelling long distances. I note that your visit coincided with our Flavours of the Middle East promotion currently running in Cafe through to early August; being based in Doha, I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the Arabic dishes specially prepared by our chefs.
Thank you again for your excellent comments regarding our facilities; as one of our Gold Passport members, we very much value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again should your future travels bring you back to Perth.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a late flight into Perth from Canberra, before driving down south for the weekend, we arrived at the hotel about 11pm. We were greeted at the entrance immediately & our car was valet parked, and valet informed us that our bags would be delivered to our room. Check in was very quick and easy, which was lovely considering the time of night. We had buffet breakfast the next morning, at $39 person it is expensive, but remembering this is Perth and everything in Perth is more expensive than the eastern states. Check out was great, and our car was delivered in a timely manner and the valet even had time for a quick polite chat which was lovely. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Fiona B
Great to hear that we are able to help you have a much needed rest after a late arrival into Perth so that you could be fully refreshed before continuing your journey the following day. I am pleased you enjoyed your brief visit with us and hope you also had a good trip down south. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again when perhaps you will be able to stay a little longer and sample more of our facilities.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a 6:00am flight from Sydney so I got to the Hyatt a 10:00am. They never said a word about being to early check in. It's peaceful, clean, quite and beautiful. I would so come back here anytime. I have been here for only one day and wish I was staying for a week!

Room Tip: All rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Shelley R
Thank you for feedback and I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate your early arrival so that you could get settled in as soon as possible. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief time with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit next time when hopefully you can experience more of what our hotel has to offer.
Adam Myott, General Manger, Hyatt Regency Perth

Been to Hyatt Regency Perth? Share your experiences!