“average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Perth

You added Hyatt Regency Perth to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bonus 99 Package
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Perth
melbourne
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

from the reviews i have been reading it seems like everyone else thought the staff were great apart from me, maybe just on this particular day the receptionist was having a bad day, but it seemed like when we asked for directions on how to get to the city she seemed frustrated like we should already know, and made me and my friend feel embarrassed to ask for assistance again. apart from that the hotel was quite nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great staff, bit far to walk from the centre of town, but one of the best hotels to stay at, excellent service, I used to stay a lot for Orkney, they always looked after me. Good sized rooms, lovely food.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear kirisydney
Pleased to note that you enjoyed your recent visit and many thanks for the great feedback regarding our staff and the service they provided. On your next visit, you may wish to catch one of Perth’s many buses up to the CBD; this is a free – and regular -service within the inner city area and there is a bus-stop directly outside the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.
Perth W.Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked in for a two night anniversary treat. We booked a deluxe king as a"spring special" which included parking and breakfast. The room was spacious and modern with river and hill views. The breakfast was fantastic and so much choice. It is only s 2 minute free bus trip into the central cbd. All staff we dealt with were fantastic and provided wonderful, friendly service

• Stayed October 2012
Dear sakss
I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as you were celebrating a special occasion, and really appreciate the excellent feedback regarding our staff and facilities. We offer special accommodation packages throughout the year and hope you will be able to take advantage of one of these again before too long.
Best regards,
adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went to Perth on a business trip and booked a suite to hold a meeting in as I refused to pay the $450 quoted for access to a meeting room for half a day. The suite was $500 for the night so that worked out welll.
The bedroom and bathroom were fine. There was an iron and ironing board in the room as well as a hairdryer which was handy- and lots of products in the bathroom which was also good,
The sitting room was a bit sparse with a rather small desk - but it did suffice for my meeting - and I was allowed a late checkout to accommodate the meeting. The bed was comfortable.
The decor is reminiscent of a multi-storey car park- but matters little to the comfort and functionality
I had access to the 6th floor Regency Club for a buffet continental breakfast. The view was lovely and the choice of food pretty good. However, I asked for a cappucino which was dispensed by a waitress from a machine and was simply revolting.
Later during my meeting I ordered room service coffee - which came from the cafe and cost $6 per cup- which is OK for room service I guess- but this was revolting also. When I checked in the very pleasant clerk asked did I need help with my luggage- which I appreciated, but as I said to her, I didn't need help then- but would have appreciated help getting my heavy wheelie bag up the front steps; however, the two porters there when I arrived studiously ignored me as I got out of a cab and dragged my bag up the steps.
This will be what I remember of this hotel- the bad coffee and ignorant porters -and was quite disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the hotel. We value all feedback and are genuinely concerned by your experience with the porters and the two coffees which you disliked. This is not typical of the experience we try to create, however we can understand your disappointment on this occasion. Please be assured this feedback has been shared with the relevant departments and the issues you have raised will be addressed so specific improvements can be made. It is pleasing to know you found your suite comfortable and enjoyed a late check-out. I encourage you to consider staying with us again when you’re next in Perth and contact me direct at hrperth.gm@hyatt.com so I can ensure that you leave with positive memories of our hotel.
Regards,
Muscat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My main reason for choosing the Hyatt was for the comfortable beds. Countless times I have slept badly in rock hard hotel beds. The Hyatts I have stayed in have the best beds yet. I always sleep soundly.
On arriving at 2 a.m. After a long flight. We were greeted by a courteous and helpful porter and welcoming front desk staff, which was a pleasant relief. Throughout our short stay they kept up their standard. The only gripe I have was with the housekeeping staff. On arrival I noticed there was no tea or milk available in the room. Initially I ignored it, as it was a minor thing and after pointing it out to the front desk the following morning it was sorted. However that same day we returned around 8p.m. from a saunter around Perth to find that the room had not been made up, so obviously housekeeping had not been in again ! I didnotcomplain because we were only there for a short time and it wasn't really a big deal for us. However, I certainly would have been more irritated if we had booked in for longer, after all this service is covered in the room charge. So I have only given 3 points for cleanliness; not because it was dirty but because the job had not been done.

The main decor in the lobby area is somewhat drab, but, more importantly, we were very happy with our room, It was a very good, comfortable size. Although we had little housekeeping service the porters and front desk staff offered a high standard of service.

The hotel is located at the far end of Adelaide Terrace and it is quite a walk into the centre of town,but that is really not an issue as Perth offers a regular free bus service, with a bus stop outside the hotel

In summary we were overall happy with our stay and would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sakss
Best regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is probably now one of my favourite hotels in Perth in terms of value for money and service. It's nothing too flash but I found all of the staff to be very friendly, the service to be fast and courteous and food to be great, especially the breakfast buffet. The location is a little bit out of the way if you need to do business on St George's terrace but the walk was probably good for me. The rooms are clean and well appointed plus a little larger than the average room. Overall a very comfortable and friendly place to stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Mike K
Many thanks for posting your review, I really appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and overall facilities. Also, not wishing to put a stop to your morning exercise, just so you are aware, the hotel runs a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD Monday – Friday between 7-10an; you might want to take advantage of this particularly during the wet weather.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for work and found this to be a very appropriate hotel for a business trip. I didn't get out around the area as I was constantly driving out to different parts of Perth but my impression was that its in a bit of a quiet area...not much around in terms of coffee shops or restaurants...but not more than a ten minute walk away in any case.

Getting cabs was no problem and the staff were very helpful and obliging.

The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. Its a typical hotel room...no personality...but some people like that.

For some reason they don't supply conditioner alongside the shampoo....glad I had some with me! Again with the very expensive wifi though! $30/day is just too much. But considering I had low expectations (Perth is known for high prices and low quality) I was very happy with the choice to book me in here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear ratl
I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly thank you for your feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our product and are currently reviewing how we can further enhance the general ambience of the hotel. As you say the hotel is not too far away from the CBD and there is a lot of new and exciting development taking place in the area at the moment, with new Cafes and restaurants forming an integral part of that. I would also like to advise for future reference that to assist guests, particularly our business clients, the hotel operates a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD Monday to Friday between 7-10am, which you may find useful on your next visit.

Sorry that there was no conditioner in your room – we do provide this as part of our bathroom amenities and I have passed this to our Housekeeping Manager to follow up. I am also pleased to advise that we are currently upgrading our internet bandwidth and reviewing the way in which we provide wireless and cable internet; as part of this.
Many thanks once again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Been to Hyatt Regency Perth? Share your experiences!