“very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Perth

You added ibis Perth to your Saves list
ibis Perth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   334 Murray Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I find it's the little things that separate most hotels. Whilst the Ibis had all the features you would expect there were a couple of minor issues that would ultimately lead to me trying somewhere else on my next trip.
Shower - not warm enough and low pressure on the top floor at least
Internet - cable did not work, wireless was OK
Alarm Clock - awfully cryptic to set and snooze, and would fry a wombat at 10 paces
Room Service - food well above average so credit there.. but my tray still sitting outside my door 12 hours later? Poor
Location - v central and pleasant, relatively quiet city street, but distinct lack of good cafes nearby if you like your coffee.
Value - good

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Bepsothull

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also thanks for taking the time to post this review.

I do apologise for the aspects of your stay that were below par, I have addressed these with the relevent departments to have them addressed, it is pleasing however to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and was value for money.

Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you back at Ibis Perth in future.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We purchased a weekend special deal from scoupon which included breakfast. From the moment my husband and I checked in, we were pleased. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room attendance for problems rectified swiftly. The included buffet breakfast was very good also. Only complaint was the heating in the rooms are centrally controlled and made for a very hot room. This was bought to the attention of the front desk and I noticed the next day that it didn't seem as hot. The location to the heart of the city was walking distance away. Overall for a 3 star establishment, we were very happy with our stay and would have no problem with staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Judy H

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also very much for posting this fantastic review.

Most pleasing for us all are the comments regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on our high level of engagement with our guests, we know that every person wants the real deal when it comes to service and our staff are always ready to go the extra mile.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back at Ibis Perth in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed there with friends for few days in there. What I like the most about this hotel is the location. It's close to the Perth underground station as well as the shopping district. However my friend doesn't like the shower ..thought it was a bit too small .. But for me in general I think it is value for money.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Flora P

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and once again for taking the time to post this review.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Perth and your stay with us, I hope you found some value shopping and didnt break the credit card!!!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back at Ibis Perth in future.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here using a $40 scoopon on a Saturday night. Check in was pleasant, was given free welcome drinks and told that due to being a platinum Accor Club member we would get 50% off breakfast.

The room was decent and bed was fairly comfortable. One massive issue - the shower. My partner and I are very lucky we are not overweight, as it was virtually impossible to get into due to the position of the shower door and the soap holder. Any 'bigger' people would simply not be able to get in.

After settling down to sleep about 11 30, we were woken up 4 hours later from what sounded like a party in the next room. I would guess it was people returning from Northbridge or the CBD. The five or six people were yelling, squealing, running around outside the hotel rooms shouting at each other and behaving like drunken morons until about 7 am. It appeared that there was no noise insulation whatsoever between the two rooms.

I understand it is not the hotels fault that there were such inconsiderate guests, and in hind sight we should have contacted reception, but to have such bad noise insulation on a hotel near the Perth CBD as well as Northbridge is bad planning. I guess we were unlucky in our stay, and it was only $40, but I feel that money would have been better spent on a taxi home and a sleep in our own bed.

Breakfast was good, but not worth the full price of $25. On check out, I was informed that breakfast wasn't actually 50 % off, but after stating we were told it is, this was honored. I was not in the mood to argue after 4 hours sleep.

Had we had a better room with more considerate neighbours, this would have been a 3 star review, but that wasn't the case and I won't be looking at staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 806 due to bad noise insulation.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear BigRedPanda

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and once again for taking the time to post this feedback.

I apologise for the aspects of your stay that were below standard, i do wish you had of contacted reception in relation to the noise as our staff most certainly would have sorted this out. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and our our team "found the yes" in relation to the misunderstanding over a discount.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back here with us in the future.

Kinds Regards

Lee Pearce

Been to ibis Perth? Share your experiences!