“Poor Servicing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Perth

You added ibis Perth to your Saves list
ibis Perth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   334 Murray Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Special Offer
Early Booker
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“Poor Servicing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel itself is good value and well positioned for city centre. The rooms are comfortable but typically small.

The negative about my stay, was that every day the cleaner servicing my room, failed to do something. One day, Tea not replenished, another day Cups and glasses were not cleaned, a third day the bathroom had not been cleaned leaving a wet bath mat on the bathroom etc.

Management were quick to rectify this, but this was three days in a row, which was a disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Xixau,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your concerns at the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that there were a number of small things that were missed each day by the room attendant servicing your room. I can definitely understand the frustration of having things not quite completed and I can assure you that I will follow this up to ensure that it does not happen again.

While I am happy to hear that the problems were rectified quickly when brought to our attention, you are completely right that they should not have happened in the first place.

I do hope that your visit to Perth was not overshadowed by these three items and I am glad to hear that the location of the the hotel was convenient with the hotel providing comfort at the right price.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Petrh in the near future.

ibis Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
Rishworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A lovely clean and modern room for Matilda and I based in the heart of down town Perth.
Exceptional customer service from the reception staff. Free wifi in the reception area.
Very convenient for a great discounted rate on last minute.com

Room Tip: Second or third floors seem to have less ac noise, rooms at the back have most sun.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clarkeylj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to shjare your feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate all of the feedback we receive, however it means an awful lot to our team when they receive positive comments about their service.

While we are very fortunate to be located so central in Perth, it is especially pleasing to hear that you found the hotel to be clean, modern and with good service, as these are some trademarks that we strive to achieve on a consistent basis.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Australia and that the beautiful weather we are seeing in the UK continues on for a while longer!

Kind Regards,

Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The parking for this property is crazy, I drove around the block 3 times before I had to double park to just go and check in. To get to the car park you have to go down an alley way turn right onto another alley way to then try and find the entrance to Wilsons car park that is separate to the Hotel. There is no clear signage were to go to get to the parking, when you make the booking they don't explain to you about the parking and how to access the car parking. There is only a limited space if you are lucky to pull up the front. This is also a concern for Single ladies travelling and have to walk the back alley ways with their luggage to get to the Hotel. You need to travel light or do multiple trips to collect your belongings from the car to get to the Hotel. If I had have known how completed the parking was I would have never booked this property. According to front desk this is standard parking for Perth Hotels due to the confined space of the city. The rooms are uninviting, very small and the walls are paper thin so you can everything in the next room and out in the corridors. Cleaning has allot of room for improvement. Think twice before you book.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Chriss777,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to expectations, please accept my sincerest apology.

While ibis Perth has many great features about the hotel including it's fantastic location and great service, unfortunately the building was not built with an underground car park.

While we are extremely fortunate to have a car park located less than 50 metres from the hotel entrance with a very competitive overnight rate, I can definitely emphasise with guests not having direct access to their cars. I can assure you that as a result of your feedback, we are investigating all options within local council regulations to improve the signage that directs our guests to the car park.

Once again, I am very sorry that the car park setup at the hotel caused an inconvenience during your stay. While we are limited in making changes to the infrastructure of the hotel, we can certainly ensure that our service and communication minimises any future inconvenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to Perth in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rooms are clean, Location good, However dont be fooled by the parking advertisment for this hotel, they neglect to tell you that their advertised parking is not onsite ! It is actually offsite in PAID parking @ Wilsons carpark (which btw is located down a dark alley), so if you're working on a budget keep in mind that you will be paying $20 a day in parking fees, also theres no microwave in the rooms, so for ppl coming in at late hours, no choice but to pay hotel prices for food.
Lets not mention the lack of water pressure in the shower!! Allow another 15mins to finish that process, would have been faster showering in the bathroom hand basin!!
Ladies: the only lightbulb in the bathroom is placed smack bang in the middle of the mirror ... good luck putting makeup on whilst being blinded lol

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Crysta74,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am sorry that the experience did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies.

You are correct that our car parking is located in an adjacent Wilsons car park where we offer guests a discounted rate of $20 per night instead of the usual $50 per night. I am very sorry to hear that there is an advertisement somewhere suggesting that the car parking is onsite as we do make a conscious effort to tell guests that the parking is offsite with an associated charge. I would greatly appreciate it if you could please email me the website which has the incorrect information so that I can address it immediately. My email address is h1750-gm01@accor.com.

I am also very sorry to hear that the water pressure and lighting in the bathroom was not satisfactory. While we have introduced a number of environmental initiatives including flow regulators and low voltage globes, we do not want to impact on the comfort of our guests. Therefore I will certainly investigate your comments further in order to find a suitable solution.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at ibis Perth. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future and offer you a more comfortable experience.

ibis Perth

Been to ibis Perth? Share your experiences!