“Lacks obvious things for a hotel. Really bad value” 1 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Perth

You added ibis Perth to your Saves list
ibis Perth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   334 Murray Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Special Offer
Early Booker
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Lacks obvious things for a hotel. Really bad value”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was going to give it 2 stars but I just couldnt - one of the worst value hotels I've been to (been to 30 - 50 hotels around the world). I'd be ok with it if I paid say 160pn but 230 which I paid is way overpriced I think. Stayed at holidayl inn (5min walk away) 2 weeks ago for 185pn and it was leaps better in so many ways. Ok, the location is good and the lobby and fittings throughout are fairly new and modern, but still not enough to redeem it, not compared to alternatives nearby.

In no particular order, wasn't happy because...
Cramped room and bathroom (comparative to others for similar price)
No room service - what the? NO ROOM SERVICE!
Small tv in the corner
Corridors smell a bit funky
Chair in corner had a nasty stain on it - probably a decent DNA sample
Slow Internet - aprx 800kbs at best but is often snail pace say 200kbs
Only 2 smallish towels
No bath robes
Nothing in the fridge except 2 complmntry waters and uht milk packs - awesome!
No tooth paste and tooth brush - come on?! (later discovered u have to get them from reception)
No valet parking - know im sounding precious now but the hotel I stayed in around the corner had it (and all the other things mentioned above).

Overall very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager31, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I’m so very sorry to read that you were unhappy with your stay for various reasons. I do hope you discussed some of your complaints with our friendly staff on check out? Firstly, with regards to the room service, as a brand unfortunately the Ibis does not offer it, however we do offer a “grab and go” option, which can be ordered through reception and then collected, this does include hot food should you require it. Bathrobes and valet parking are again not offered within the Ibis brand. However, having said this, we as a hotel are more than happy to accommodate your individual needs and, or, provide such items on request should you want them at any time to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. (We do hold tooth brushes and razors etc at reception just in case any travellers forget to pack them). Again, I can only apologise that your stay was not as enjoyable as you had hoped for, however, our Front of House staff would have been more than happy to discuss these things with you and where possible, tried to make your stay as pleasurable as they could. Thank you for sharing your concerns and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Like most hotels in Perth the Ibis is quite uninspiring. I was in town for 2 nights. I arrived late on a flight from Sydney and despite a rack rate over 320 per night, there is no room service. You need to pick up orders from the concierge desk in the foyer!
Similarly, whilst there is free tea and coffee in rooms, there is no mini bars or a free biscuit. There are a couple of vending machines (again very expensive) on some floors. The room was very small - matched by the TV. The iron couldn't get hot enough to iron a shirt - although it did leave a number of greasy black marks on them. Bathroom was by tight and you get towels on your bed - but none in the bathroom.
The buffet breakfast was poor, with the coffee machine broken and no black tea.
This would be okay for $100 to $150 a night but for the $697 I paid for 2 nights it is a joke. Please save yourself the inconvenience. don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. don't stay at the Ibis.
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

To start with the positives, it is a great location, and the interior of the hotel has a clean and modern look, unlike many other hotels which are in desperate need of a makeover. I think the hotel is fine if you are just using it for a bed, i.e., holiday accommodation. For business on the other hand, it is a different story.

I have stayed here 3 times over the last 2.5 months for business. My first stay was terrific. I was checked into a room on the Murray St side facing the street, which met my expectations completely. The second time I was checked into a room on the Murray St side, but on the inner side of the hotel. The major problem with this room is that it had no room to do any work. There was simply a chair placed next to the TV cabinet. There was barely enough room to place my laptop and get in and out of the chair. I even had to place the desk lamp on the floor. to make more room. The room was clearly not designed for business, because the internet cable was on the opposite side of the room from the desk.

Knowing that I was going to stay for a third time, upon my second stay checkout, I requested that my LeClub Accor membership (Silver) number be attached to my reservation and I explicitly requested a room with a proper business desk like my first stay. On my (current) third stay, I was checked into the smallest room on the entire floor. I know this by looking at the floor plan on the fire escape map. Again, the desk is tiny with the internet cable on the opposite side of the room. It is so small that I struggled to iron my business shirts for the week because of the lack of space next to the power point. All this for $359 per night!

I understand that hotels in Perth are in a position to charge stupid amounts for their services. But if you are going to reap the rewards of a hot spot, at least spend some of that money into providing a better service. For example, have more than one person at the reception desk during the day. It is clear that your reception staff need extra help, and as a result, they are not as friendly as other hotels that I use around the country.

If it were not for the fact that I receive points through the LeClub Accor scheme, I would definitely be looking elsewhere for accommodation.

Room Tip: Try asking for the proper full size business desk if you need it, but I'm not sure if this makes...
Burnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very fast and efficent check in and out.
Room was clean and tidy with everything working.
Shower was hot and plenty of water with OK shower and shampo and a cap for the ladies.

Nice touch was a vending machine with some food and drinks in as somethimes you dont want to leave the hotel but want some crap food or drink.

Right in the middle of town near plenty of bars and resturants if thats what you wanted as well.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have never stayed somewhere with the personalised service that we have received today. The staff are more than willing to help the service is completely above and beyond anything I ever expected.. I would like to thank you for the great experience and really appreciate the help :)

• Stayed October 2012
Penzance, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ok this is more about the area than the Hotel Ibis. Although Perth is a very clean and pleasant city there just isn't anything here unless of cause you just want to eat and get fat, if so it's great there's lots of restaurants to choose from. Although i have only been here for 5 days i have pretty much covered it all on foot the gardens are nice and a trip to Rottnest Island was good for just a cycle around, but apart from this there's nothing to do or see. It's also way, way over priced here because of the mining boom up north in the Pilbara area. There are however things to do outside the city but this is a few hours drive and hires are pricey. Luckily this was a bit of a business trip. Personally i find the place bland and a bit boring (sorry ) and wouldn't pay to come here if you want to see Oz go to the other side and i have been there to is better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to ibis Perth? Share your experiences!