1. Room 805 - curtains are torn and very stained. Hotel should make an effort to fix this issue before their proposed renovations. Would be a small price to pay to improve the only view of the outside a guest gets to see from the room.
2. Archaic television - good museum piece to bring back memories of yesteryear. Thank goodness for foxtel go on mobile devices!
3. No water in the fridge, there was a bit of milk though.
4. Room service brekky served on a tray with chipped corners. Understand this is not a 5star hotel but surely there must be a minimum standard somewhere.
5. Internet connection - not good for VPN. Struggled with it and gave up so could not email an important document.
The good. ..
1. Location is good. .However any location in Perth CBD is easily accessible by free CAT buses or transperth buses at no cost to you if you are travelling within the city.
2. Food - good
3. Room size-large for a studio. A good interior decorator would make it even better.
4. Bathroom, towels and sheets - clean and fresh
5. Staff - polite and helpful.
Would I stay here again?
If it was up to me and not at the mercy of our business travel people. ...I woul not stay here. I would pay the extra 10 or 20 dollars per night to be in the other hotels around the corner and along the terrace towards east Perth.
Purpose of visit.
Why do hotel room pictures on the Internet always show the best but in sharp contrast with reality.......
- Also Known As:
- Somerset St Georges Terrace Hotel Perth
- Somerset St Georges Terrace Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of the vibrant city of Perth, Citadines St Georges Terrace (formerly Somerset St Georges Terrace Perth) is the perfect home-base from which to experience modern city living in Australia. Positioned in the heart of Perth's Business District, Citadines St Georges Terrace has the picture perfect setting for doing business in the city. Its prime location is also within walking distance to art galleries, restaurants, bars, department stores and many quality boutiques at Murray Street and Hay Street Malls. To complete the picture perfect setting, the property is just a street away from the Esplanade that overlooks the Swan River.Upon entering the main lobby, guests experience a welcoming oasis of calm. A collection of local contemporary art pieces express the energy and verve that Perth has to offer and are featured in the lobby and residences. Offering 85 contemporary rooms, which range from studios, spa studios and spacious one-bedroom residences, you can enjoy vibrant city living at a prime downtown address. Doing business is easy with our business support services, large well lit work areas, telephones with speaker and IDD facilities, and complimentary WIFI. Our conference / function room facilities are also available for work or pleasure. After work, relax in the cafe or by the al fresco bar located on the ground floor -- just the work-life balance suited to the busy executive on business or leisure traveller looking for a weekend getaway. Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth is managed by The Ascott Limited, a member of CapitaLand. It is the largest international serviced residence owner-operator with more than 200 properties in over 80 cities spanning more than 20 countries across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf region. It operates three award-winning brands Ascott, Citadines and Somerset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Citadines St Georges Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.