“4th but last stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central

You added Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Mount Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Formerly Clarion Collection)   |
Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Bridgetown, Australia
“4th but last stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and all the rooms are clean and quiet, given the closeness to the freeway, however, there are a number of other problems. We were prepared to pay for parking and although we checked in early there was no parking available. There is street 1 hour ticket parking. We had organised to catch a cab to the crown for jersey boys matinee show so we could have dinner and drinks later, however we were forced to take our car as we couldnt feed the parking machine every hour while we were at a show some 7 klms away? When we returned late that night there was still no parking at the front so we had to park 2 blocks away and walk.
The bathroom door was off its rollers which is a common feature every time we have stayed.
Also the reception staff on 2 occassions have been unable to find our internet booking. We even received a cancellation email this time after we had checked in! Sorry to say this is the last visit from us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Let start in the car park. It is awkward, tiny and if you have a car larger than a mini forget it. Reception and check in was fine, no problems. My room was a good size and first impressions were ok. Nothing special but ok. On closer inspection it is really tired, knocked around and not very clean. The combined bathroom, dressing area had very old fixtures and tiles and the exhaust fan was filthy.The ceiling panels were water stained and ill fitting. In the bedroom there was a odd mark on the wall above the bed. The TV didn't work for the first two days and the safe was locked but I couldn't be bothered calling about that again. Breakfast was certainly not worth it. I was down there before 8 and there was nothing left. For the price I would try and find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMgrRSPER, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear franticworkingmum
I am sorry the room wasn’t in the best of condition when you stayed. Had our reception staff been notified we would have been able to room move you and get the issues in the room that you have highlighted rectified as soon as possible. The hotel maintenance department have started a comprehensive audit of the bathrooms in the hotel and are repairing or replacing the items which are required. Unfortunately the parking at the hotel can be difficult on occasion especially on weekends and the carpark cannot accommodate large vehicles. If you had let us know we could certainly have let you park in front of our loading bay which is easier to access if you had difficulties parking under the hotel. The hotel has a new food and beverage team which is looking at improving the quality and quantity of its meals available to guests but if you had notified one of our food and beverage staff members on duty, I am quite sure they would have been able to organize the breakfast buffet to be replenished or to get something cooked for you.
Regards
Chris Archer
Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We got this hotel via wotif.com at a special rate at 135.00 and it usually about 200 plus per night.Our first night I was not happy with the room they gave us cause it was dirty and filthy.After my husband complain they upgraded us to a deluxe room with no extra cost so my overall stay became comfortable and happy with their customer services.Love the hotel,great location and it only less than half an hour from the airport.
Hotel has a undercover carpark and extra 25.00 per day to park cos side street parking is about 3.00 per hour per day so its cheaper to use the hotel parking

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gilbert85
The hotel is glad that you were able to enjoy your stay after your first initial impression was disappointing. The hotel prides itself on providing great customer service and I am glad we were able to deliver what you were hoping. Our deluxe rooms which is one of the ones you were moved to have views of the Swan River or Kings Park. The rooms also have windows which have been double glazed to minimize traffic noise from the freeway located nearby. The hotel is certainly well located and is only a short walk to the Central Business District.
The carpark is certainly good value when you compare the cost of parking on the street during the week, although as the hotel only has limited spaces in the carpark it is also a good idea to book a space when at the same time as booking a room.
I look forward to you returning soon.
Regards
Chris Archer
Hotel Manager
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on business recently. I checked in around midnight which was handled efficiently. My room was a reasonable size. It was clean and tidy upon check-in and remained that way throughout my stay.

The hotel is approximately 100m walk from the free bus that traverses the CBD from West Perth to East Perth. My office is in West Perth and even during peak hour took less than 10 mins to reach from leaving the hotel to getting the bus (provided I timed getting the bus correctly:-)).

Breakfast was included as part of my package but the full buffet was only average. You are much better off ordering from the menu as the food is then cooked to order.

I had dinner in the restaurant on two occassions and found the food to be good. You have to try the ribs, they're great.

The bed was comfortable except for the pillows. Why hotels continue to put "pancakes" on beds and call them pillows is beyond me.

Check out was again handled very efficiently.

I would stay in the Rendezvous Perth again but I will bring my own pillow.

Room Tip: There are no real views available from this hotel. I had a room overlooking a freeway (absolutely n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you are looking for nothing more than a comfortable business hotel - this should fit the bill. The room was clean and spacious. Don't expect a view - I looked out onto a brick wall. It was in a good location - close to public transport and an easy walk into town. The staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant downstairs was OK (though they do make an excellent latte). If you are feeling uninspired by the meal options, there are plenty of alternatives not far away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at a few Hotels in Perth now, all for work. From my experience you get less for your money in Perth so wasn't expecting amazing things from this hotel.
The Rendezvous has been fully renovated which does provide a great first impression. The renovation appears only skin deep though and there were a few things like a dripping toilet and broken window which reminds you that it is only a make over. I couldn't faulting the cleanliness of the hotel, partly the newness of the renovation but I felt like I was using the room for the first time. Keep the standards up :-). The rooms were also quiet and I slept well.
Breakfast in the restaurant had buffet or a la carte options, all with reasonable prices. The quality of the Buffet was quite good with the standard choices. I appreciated that it appeared they were cooking smaller portions rather than loading the buffet up and leaving it all morning.
I would stay here again without any concern if it was booked for me again. I do think the hotel needs to be mindful that maintenance is different to decorating otherwise things will deteriorate. The rooms are family sized but furnishings seem to be more for a business traveller. Other rooms may be more accommodating to families.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is OK for a one night stay. The room was large and the bed was confortable. The downside was that it overlooked the freeway and there was a large airconditioning unit outside the room that made a noise all night.
The checkin in staff were friendly but the check out girl could do with a lesson in customer service. I asked which was the best way to get to the airport and her retort was she didn't know. Even if she didn't know she could of asked one of her colleagues.
Parking is $25 a day or park in the street if you can find a spot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central? Share your experiences!