It's just off one of the main thoroughfares in Perth, St. Georges Terrace, but on a side street so it's not so difficult driving in or out. It's close to the bus routes and not far from the wharf or train service either if using them. Whether for business or shopping, it's likely to be close to whatever you need in downtown Perth. Note however that many restaurants close in the evenings, particularly on weekends.
FRONT OF HOUSE SERVICE:
Staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. At check-in, the front desk staff members used your name and took care of things professionally. Although the room was not ready on arrival, we were told we could use it and drop our luggage there, and housekeeping would prepare the extra bed by the evening. Subsequent times through they continued to acknowledge and greet us, and were very willing to help with any questions or issues that arose.
The great service level carried through to housekeeping staff who were always pleasant, polite, respectful and helpful.
We had a standard room facing the side street/main entry side, although it was well covered by curtains, had a fairly high window and there wasn't much to see. The room wasn't what you would call spacious, but everything fit in (just). It had a queen bed, quality manchester, choice of pillows if you have a preference, 2 chairs, table, desk, wardrobe, luggage stand and an LCD television. Channel choice was reasonable but not extensive.
The bathroom had a bath, shower, vanity and toilet in the classical marble/brass finish. The shower head was an adequate height.
Unfortunately the swimming pool was not heated so couldn't be used. A gym is also available, although fairly small, but both are well maintained.
DINING: We tried the associated restaurant (Adelphi, not the buffet room). It's more a steakhouse/semi-casual centre. The service was professional although there was a minor issue. The overall food package is good mid-range style and should be reliable not to disappoint. Pricing isn't moderate though; the breakfast in the buffet was $35 a head.
A pleasant experience, nothing flash, but nothing disappointed either. Definitely worth considering.
Booking Note: Although the Hilton web site says there are no rooms available if you try to book more than 2 i.e.. with Children, they do have cots available and can take such bookings by telephone.
- Also Known As:
- Parmelia Hilton Hotel
- Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth
- Hilton International Perth
- Hilton Perth
- Perth Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parmelia Hilton Perth is the city’s most centrally located luxury hotel, in the heart of the CBD, across the road from the Perth Convention Centre and close to excellent shopping, restaurants and bars. Just a short stroll to beautiful Kings Park and the stunning Swan River. From Guest Rooms to Deluxe Plus rooms and suites, all rooms at the Parmelia Hilton feature Hilton Serenity beds, high-speed internet (charges apply) and LCD TVs with complimentary cable and Foxtel channels. Relax by the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped 24 hour gym. For a sizzling steak or a boutique beer on tap, enjoy the Adelphi Steak House & Bar. The Hotel’s meetings and events floor with state of the art audio visual and lighting technology offers a choice of ten venues for 5-500, a 24 hour business centre and wireless internet access . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Parmelia Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.