“Handy to Central Perth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parmelia Hilton

You added Parmelia Hilton to your Saves list
Parmelia Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Mill Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast, WiFi & Wine
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Sydney
“Handy to Central Perth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We enjoyed two night here. The rooms were comfortable. The beds ensured a very good nights sleep. Our package included breakfast, which was excellent. The service was good. Arriving late the first night, we had a car to garage and I thought $50 for the night exhorbitant - which the lady at reception said was to be expected in a cosmopolitan city like Perth. We didn't use the pool - but we could see lots of people enjoying it while the sun shone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear HelenPatric

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and appreciated the Hotel’s convenient location.

With respect to valet parking; I am very sorry for any disappointment. The rate is monitored very regularly to ensure we are in line with the CBD and is fact lower than the nearest self-parking alternative and offers the added benefit of unlimited returns in a 24 hour period.

Thanks again for your great feedback and we hope you will be returning soon.

David Constantine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I, along with our 3 month old baby always chose the Parmelia Hilton when we are in Perth. We find the property impeccably clean, the location fantastic (great for daytime walks with the pram!) and the service without fault.

We love the hotel breakfast and the attentive staff, along with the fantastic concierge and door men. They really can't do enough to help, including sending coffee free up to our room after I mentioned a broken sleep with our baby! Highly, highly recommended

Stayed May 2014
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear PrueKC

Thank you very much for your review.

The Team and I are delighted you enjoy staying at the Parmelia Hilton so much.

Your loyalty and great recommendation are very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night for 1 night only. I booked through wotif on one of their deals where you don't know where you are staying until you book. I have never stayed here before but for $150 including breakfast, I was very impressed indeed. The normal cost was over $500 which wouldn't have been value for money however. The room was clean and a lovely size. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and it was HUGE!
Room service dinner was affordable and delicious. The room temperature was set for a nice cozy temperature in direct contrast to the cold perth evening. Although I do like a cold room to go to sleep, the temp control was very simple and easy to use.
Breakfast was lovely however if you do want a nice coffee, you will need to pay extra. The concierge were lovely and very helpful. Valet parking was a whopping $50 per 24 hours. But seeing as the rate I paid was so affordable, I treated myself to the convenience.
I will stay again for sure.... so long as I can get it for a reasonable price again. Otherwise, it's out of my budget.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear emma p

Thank you very much for your review.

Delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay, especially the comfort of your bed and your room service dining experience.

I am sorry for any disappointment concerning the parking charge; the rate is monitored closely to ensure we are competitive in the Perth CBD. When compared to the nearest self-parking alternative, the Hotel’s daily rate is actually lower and offers the added benefit of unlimited returns in a 24 hour period.

Thanks again and we hope you will be returning soon for some more royal treatment. There will be a warm welcome waiting.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights. The room was a little small, almost Parisian and needs updating. The bed, while claimed to be King size was only Queen size. I have an issue with air conditioning, and need to turn it off at night. Therefore I like to open a window to get fresh air. The windows would only open very slightly, and I needed Herculean strength to slide the window open only centimeters. Then the disappointing thing was the noise that came in during the night forced me to close it again. The buffet breakfast is pretty good with a wide selection, however I draw the line at having to pay extra for a cappuccino when I have already paid for an all you can eat buffet. The normal coffee as part of the buffet was terrible. The hotel staff are excellent, and as always great staff are what make a stay at a hotel memorable.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear BigRuss1213

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I’m delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and especially appreciated the Hotel’s convenient location in the Perth CBD; however I’m sorry for any disappointment concerning the size of your guest room. With respect to décor, we are in the process of replacing all furniture in guest rooms to provide a fresh contemporary presentation and have completed four levels to date. The remaining floors will be refreshed by September this year and we are sure you will like the changes.

With respect to the guest room windows; it is a legal safety requirement that they can only be opened 50mm and I am sorry for any disappointment. Please let us know when you make your next booking and we can do our best to allocate a room with a balcony.

Great to hear the Team took such great care of you.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Fremantle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I wouldn't rate this hotel so low if the price was reasonable, the fit out of the room is incredibly dated and warrants nothing more than a $100 a night fee.
Sure its the 'Perth Tax' but this was incredibly overpriced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear greenbag80

Thank you very much for your review.

Naturally, I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent stay. I acknowledge your room rate was premium due to availability at the time your booking was made and I sincerely apologise if this did not meet your expectations.

With regard to décor, we are in the process of refreshing guest rooms with all new furniture and have completed four levels to date, with the remainder due by September this year. We hope you will consider returning to enjoy the fresh contemporary presentation.

If I can personally assist with future plans to stay at Parmelia Hilton, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone at 08 9215 2000.

Thank you again and we hope we have a chance to change your impression very soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hotel is centrally located. Very happy with service at this hotel. Hotel offers free valet parking. Upon checking in we were advised of upgrade to junior suite from standard room, which we were very pleased about. The room was very lavishly setout and very clean. Breakfast in the morning offered a full buffet banquet will lots of food to choose from. Coffee and tea come with breakfast although if you want a cappucino or other type of coffee, you would have had to pay for it. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if your visiting Perth.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
gmperthhilton, Operations Manager at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Matilde S

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially appreciated the fantastic service from our Team.

We are so pleased you were able to take advantage of our weekend rate inclusive of valet parking which is usually $50 per 24 hours with unlimited returns.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we hope you will be back soon.

Volkan Tekkol
Operations Manager
Blackburn VIC, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Staff were excellent. Pity about the condition of the rooms themselves. They are small and need an urgent upgrade to larger rooms and new bathrooms that do not have shower curtains. The construction site next door wakes you up at about 7am so if you have come in at a late hour, do not expect to stay sleeping after 7am. Clean but really does need a makeover.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Vicki W

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to hear the Team made such a great impression and I have taken great pleasure in passing on your comment to them all.

We are currently refreshing all guest rooms with new furniture and installing shower screens to those bathrooms which did not previously have them. Four full levels have been completed, with the remainder due by September this year. We are confident you will appreciate the fresh contemporary presentation. The Hotel offers a range of different room configurations and sizes, so please let us know your preferences when you next make a booking.

I’m very sorry for any noise disturbance from neighbouring works. This is being closely monitored.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Volkan Tekkol
Operations Manager

Been to Parmelia Hilton? Share your experiences!