“very nice rooms, brand new carpets, fantastic pool area & gym I was very, very happy with m y stay here.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parmelia Hilton

Save Saved
You added Parmelia Hilton to your Saves list
Parmelia Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Mill Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save with Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 57 hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was a great place to stay, I was there for work and was very happy. It is only a short 8 minute walk to the main shopping area of the Hay street mall. The hotel is very central and has a small shop downstairs if you've forgotton something.
A huge selection for breakfast and eggs cooked as and when you when it.
very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I would still choose a non-smoking floor & ask for one with a balcony overlooking the pool its a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear DiBax

Thanks for your fantastic review.

The Team and I are really pleased you had such a great experience in every way and that you appreciate the new carpets and upgraded gym and pool area.

We do receive very positive feedback concerning our delicious breakfasts and we are delighted you enjoyed yours!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

807 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was ok but getting a little old I felt, but the bed was very comfortable. My company got a good room rate so the value (if there is such a thing in Perth) was good.

The breakfast was very good and they even served decaffeinated tea. The evening meals were good quality but the menu was limited like many hotels in Perth. There were few dishes except meat or fish steaks with something, and not normally fresh vegetables as standard. No other types of foreign cuisine were really available.

Overall the hotel was fine though and in this case good value for money.

Dear Simon W

I’m so glad you had a pleasant stay in the Hotel and that you found it to be good value for money!

Our Hilton Serenity Beds were installed last year and receive a great deal of positive feedback; it’s good to hear you had a comfortable sleep.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

having the opportunity for a night out without having the kids we decided to stay the night in Perth. WOTIF.COM gave us a mystery deal $125 for a Saturday night and we jumped. Expected and got the Parmelia Hilton. Check in was nice and quick. We were offered but declined an upgrade for an additional $50. This was more to do with the fact we had already splashed out on valet parking for $50. This covered us for 24hrs and unlimited entries in and out of the carpark.
Our room, it wasn't huge but it certainly wasn't cramped, with a little sofa and table area to the side of the bed. Queen bed, with what I have to say were the best pillows I have ever slept on. So comfortable! Toiletries also were lovely to use, with a very pleasant smell.
Yes the shower is above the bath which is a bit old fashioned, but didn't bother us.
We had a dip in the pool, just had fun being silly, and made use of the sunscreen which was available just as you went into the pool area. Making sunscreen available for guests - definitely a need in our Perth climate.
We didn't dine in the hotel, but made our way to Brookfield Place, a short walk from the hotel. Plenty of pubs/restaurants in this area worth checking out.
Yes there were some aspects of the hotel that were a bit dated, but nothing that would put us off going again. After my bath, I did notice some dirt over the lights on the bathroom wall where the steam had settled, nothing I had noticed prior to bath time! The handle on the wall had some rust arouind it where it met the tiles, but hey that's normal isnt it?
X-Factor auditions were being held while we were there, but really didn't affect the stay - apart from some nervous people wating to audition, smoking outside the hotel. There is a little shop just outside and they obviously did good business judging by the overflowing bins on the street.
Overall, our night contributed to a great night out - and we have booked to stay again for my other half's birthday in a couple of weeks.
Maybe we will get the complimenntary upgrade next time?! ;-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pennygee

So good to hear you enjoyed your romantic escape!

Thank you for writing such a detailed review; it is much appreciated.

Our pillows (and bedside pillow menu) do attract some great feedback and I’m glad you had such a comfortable sleep. Hilton has quite recently changed the bathroom amenities internationally and it’s good to hear you like them!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again soon for your next special occasion. Occupancy permitting, we will do our best to offer an upgrade.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked a queen room for a 3 night stay in Perth (1-3 feb) whilst visiting family. The room rate was reasonable but they more than made up for it in other costs.
Parking is $50 dollars a day! It is cheaper to park in the Melbourne CBD than this hotel!
On top of that they hold $300 on your card at check in, for up to 7 days post your stay!!! Obscene considering banks issue same day refunds.
To top it off the room is as big as a matchbox, the bathroom is even smaller and only 1 lift is working.
Safe to say we will NEVER be staying here again!!!
None of this was brought to our attention when booking this hotel so be careful if you are considering a booking!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear LA-Laurs

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am of course extremely concerned you were disappointed with your visit and would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your experience personally. To that end, I would be grateful if you could call me on (08) 9215 2000 or, alternatively, contact me by email at david.constantine@hilton.com

In the meantime, to clarify the pre-authorisation; this is $100 per night for incidentals with the balance being released from your credit card immediately upon check out. The transaction usually takes a short time however may be longer for international banks. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

With regard to valet parking; regrettably the Hotel does not own the carpark and is contractually bound to charge accordingly. When compared to similar parking facilities in the vicinity, the Hotel parking does offer safe, secure undercover parking with the benefit of unlimited returns in a 24 hour period. The rate is monitored closely to ensure it is in line with the Perth CBD.

The Hotel guest elevators are currently being upgraded, with work well under way and completion due very soon. We aim to provide the best possible guest experience with up to date facilities and unfortunately there is never a good time to carry out renovations and upgrades; I sincerely apologise for the delay you experienced during this work.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have an opportunity to speak to you personally so that I can address your concerns. We very much hope to change your impression on a future visit to Perth.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in Jan 2013 as part of a family visit in Perth, perfect location for shops and Kings Park.

Concierge were great and really helpful with directions and local bottle shop knowledge!

Only minor downside was wifi was only free in the lobby

• Stayed January 2013
gmperthhilton, Director of Operations at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Becci R

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our Concierge team particularly helpful in terms of their local knowledge.

With respect to Wi-Fi, last November we introduced complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby area for your convenience. Complimentary Internet is also available in the restaurant and bar aswell as 24 hours 7 days a week in the Hotel’s Business Centre and we hope this may be a benefit to you next time you visit.

We hope you will be returning very soon.

Gearoid Lyons
Director of Operations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here on the 27th January after a 20 hour flight from Glasgow, Scotland. The bus from the airport dropped me off right at the door, and although I was 40mins early for check in that was not an issue. They also upgraded me to a queen suit which was nice. Rooms very nice and clean, and had mini bar, tea/coffee etc available in then. Access to the pool and gym was very handy.
I didn't eat here but overall I was impressed with the accommodation of the hotel. I would highly recommend. Very courteous, polite and well trained staff.
Well done.

• Stayed January 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Allan M

Thank you very much for your great review.

Lovely to welcome you to the Parmelia Hilton Perth after such a long journey south - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit.

Darwin, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth for busienss reasons in January 2013. This was the first time in many visits to Perth that I stayed at this Hotel. Check in was simple enough and I made my way to my room. The first thing I noticed was how small the rooms for a 5 Star Hotel were. The bathroom was smaller still and in this day and age where almost all 5 Star establishments have a separate bath and shower, this was an all in one job. The room as a whole was very cramped and looked old. Sleep quality was also affected by outside noise. Seriously, the Parmelia Hilton in Perth is in dire need of a renovation to bring into the 21st Century. In comparison with other hotels that I have stayed in Perth, this would be in the bottom 2.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on West Side of hotel.
Dear Colin C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are sorry that you found your room to be less than expected. We are in the process of updating guest rooms over 2013 and, in the meantime, have a range of room styles and configurations to suit most tastes. Please let us know your preferences when you book and we will do our best to accommodate them.

We would very much appreciate the chance to change your impression on a future visit. To that end, please contact me direct when you plan to return on Gearoid.lyons@hilton.com so we can be sure you are well looked after and completely happy with your accommodations.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back

Gearoid Lyons
Director of Operations

Been to Parmelia Hilton? Share your experiences!