“Perfect location and very friendly and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Perth City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Perth City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   778 - 788 Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Santa Cruz
“Perfect location and very friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed there Dec. 24, 2013-Jan. 3,2014. Location is the best! Close to everything important. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly, specially Isabela (from Brazil). All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Debbie B,

Thank you for a great headline! The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping, restaurants and close to public transport options. I agree the location is the best!

Thank you for recognising Isabella from reception. I am delighted she was able to assist you and I will pass on my personal thanks.

I hope you were able to join the loyalty program IHG Rewards. As of this year all IHG Rewards members are able to enjoy complimentary WiFi.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope myself and the team will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,
Deane Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed with my wife from 21st to 24th of Jan 2014. As everybody else said, location is best....the only two other hotels that can match this location are rydges and ibis, while all others even the famous ones are far inferior location-wise. Perth Underground station is at a stone's throw, which makes this place wonderfully well connected.

About the hotel, it is a nice basic hotel. I had booked a normal/ standard room and was surprised with the tiny size of the room. My room was 526, which is on the back side with not much to view from window but quieter as it is away from the street.

Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, am grateful for that. I became IHG rewards club member after booking this trip at the hotel and the hotel was kind enough to extend me a free wifi and free daily newspaper during my stay, which was awesome. Another awesome thing was the availability of both soft and hard pillows with label on them, which we appreciated a lot as my wife likes to sleep on soft while I prefer hard/ firm.

We did encounter some housekeeping issues when we saw stains on our used cups/ mugs after the room was refreshed and provided feedback on that during check-out. I believe cups and mugs should be replaced every time and should be sanitized in a dishwasher before being returned to the room, but I have found that 90% of hotels do not practice it, so I normally keep disposable paper cups with me. Another thing that bothered us was the cost of mineral water bottles, a 600ml cost us around $4 and 1L or 1.5L was around $6 or $7, which we found to be pretty unreasonable. The range of movies available on MOD (movies on demand) was good but the prices can be a wee-bit reasonable.

Overall it was a good stay and I would certainly recommend the hotel.

Thanks,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear NQ8286,
Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback from your recent stay with us, we are always delighted to receive feedback from our guests as it assists us to continuously improve our service. There is no doubting our location in the heart of the city makes it so easy to discover what Perth has to offer and get around. With respect to your room and for future reference, you were allocated to a corner room which are slightly smaller than other rooms available within the hotel, but they have the added benefit of being quieter.
With respect to your comments about the housekeeping, please be assured this is not the standard we strive for and I have discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure this not occur again in the future for any of our guests.
Congratulations on joining IHG Rewards as the membership certainly does have great benefits as you have noted, further the points don’t expire so you can build these over time and you can use the IHG Rewards membership in any IHG hotel worldwide, along with building your membership to a Platinum status which offers even more advantages.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre when you next visit Western Australia.
Warmest regards,
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a very central hotel on the CAT 2 bus route and very central to all the loacl shops and leisure facilites.

We were a little concerned reading the previous reviews about the breakfast being not up to parr, but having stayed there for a week I can heartily refute this, as we had a different breakfast each morning, with plenty of variety to choose from.

The rooms were spotless and the staff extremely helpful, although the decor could do with a little attention, which I understand is happening later this year (2014).

There is a good restaurant, if you do not want to eat out every night and an extremely useful washing room, so that you do not have to take all your dirty washing home.

All in all - thank you Holiday Inn, you helped make our trip to Oz very memorable for us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hi Kelvin B
Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre.
I am extremely pleased to read that you were able to make use of our on-site facilities, such as our laundry, 788 Bar and Café and Level One breakfast room. I am especially delighted that you found our breakfast to be ample with variety so you were able to enjoy something new each day during your stay with us.
Our location in the heart of Perth CBD certainly makes it easy to explore what Western Australia has to offer, you have the free CAT buses around the CDB and the train or boat down to Fremantle; these options are all within a walking distance for your convenience.
Proms from Exeter, thanks again for your comments and we hope you are able to visit us again in the near future.
Best wishes,
Terrigal, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, large enough for three. Clean, tidy, more than adequate. Hotel has restaurant and bar at ground level and an outdoor area out the front where you can sit and relax after a hard day's shopping. As many other reviews indicate the hotel's location is one of its biggest assets.
We used the valet parking and it is as expensive as any other hotel. There really is no suitable parking alternative if you are driving.
Staff were friendly, our room was serviced daily. WiFi available.
No swimming pool, although I understand the hotel can make other arrangements but I do not know what they are.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Phillip8789,

We appreciate you taking a moment of your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I must agree with you, our location in the heart of Perth CBD certainly makes it easy to get around. For future visits, we also offer a cost effective option of $20 self-parking at a nearby public car park. As you mentioned, our alfresco area is a great space to relax and enjoy the environment with all the activity happening around the hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the rooms to be comfortable for you and your family, along with the friendly service from our staff; I’ll pass on your feedback to the team.

We hope the New Year brings you and your family good fortune and look forward to welcoming you all back to Western Australia soon!

Kindest wishes, Deane
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great rates, friendly service right in the center. And it's a Holiday Inn so you know exactly what to expect re the rooms. I am an IHG Gold member and was treated amazingly well. I was given a welcome bottle of wine, water, chocolates, nuts and chips. Offered a 2pm late checkout, newspaper and received free internet. I was upgraded to a queen executive room which was decently large and had a work desk and lounge chair to sit in, although the courtyard view left a bit to be desired. The queen bed was on the small side however (more like a large double). They offer soft and firm pillows (nice touch) and an iron/board, flat screen TV and fridge. The worst part of the room is the shower (the shower head is more of a spray and you can't move it).

The location is exactly where you'd want it to be if you could pick - right near the CBD, train station, and bridge to Northbridge (the fun bar/restaurant area). The don't have a gym however and although they've made arrangements with one across the street, the hours are ridiculous. Open 9-1pm on weekends. Not exactly flexible. Still better than nothing I guess.

I stayed at another hotel in Perth and this one was definitely better. No surprises here - you know what to expect.

Room Tip: Courtyard is quiet - but no views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear TravelinShane,
Thank you for your time to write a review from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre. I was very happy to read that you had no surprises during your stay with us and we met your expectations, this is what we strive to achieve with all our guests.
With regards to your comment around the off-site gym, we are currently reviewing our options for this amenity, watch this space.
TravelinShane, we look forward to welcoming you back to the heart of Perth city when you next visit Australia.
Kindest regards,
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

A chain hotel that has great rooms, very clean and friendly staff. Great breakfast and comfy bed. A short stay (2 nights) but perfect for business traveller. You can walk out the front around the corner to a heap of great shops and bars, including the Belgium Beer Cafe - yum.

Room Tip: All good nothing specific.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Greg B,
Thanks for taking a moment of your time to write a review with regards to your recent stay with us. We certainly have a wide variety of restaurants and bars nearby for you to be able to relax and unwind after a busy day of meetings or shopping; that’s one of the great benefits of our location.
We very much appreciate your comments about our hearty breakfast, friendly staff, clean rooms and I will ensure your comments are passed around to all staff.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip out West.
Kindest regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Every few months we stay here as a family, we can often get one room to take the four of us with breakfast included for around $180. We find the hotel location great, the bar and restaurant are perfect for our needs too. The staff are friendly and helpful.

The one negative is that they don't have the swimming pool anymore.

We love it here, however, the prices can change and are sometimes too much.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel look at nothing, try and get a room at the front looking out to the road. P...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear GKPerth,
We appreciate you taking your time to write a review on our TripAdvisor page. I’m pleased to read that as a loyal guest of Holiday Inn Perth City Centre you are greeted by friendly and helpful staff who are willing to go above and beyond for our guests.
I am delighted to inform you that we now have access passes to the Beatty Park leisure centre; whether you are visiting in summer or winter you will be able to enjoy the many different swimming pools on offer at this leisure centre. If you would like to enjoy these facilities please see reception on your next stay.
Thanks again for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre.
Warmest regards,
Deane

Been to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre? Share your experiences!