This is a city centre hotel. For a start, beware the parking - about $30 a day to park! Rooms are small but clean, and small lifts to get luggage upstairs. Good, if small bathroom. Friendly staff - this is Australia after all - and very helpful. We chose the hotel because it is in the city centre but it is now, compared with some years ago, such a depressing place - scruffy and full of shops selling tat. Locals don't go there unless they have to and it's pretty clear why. You will be better off by the beach or in Fremantle. By comparison with UK, Perth is staggeringly expensive, partly because of the exchange rate, partly because of the distortion of the economy caused by the presence of mining workers who fly in with vast sums of money to spend. If locals and visitors form abroad can't afford they really don't mind - young men with too much money will fork out readily. A middle ranking hotel like Holiday Inn can charge an awful lot of money for rooms, food, drinks and parking. Be warned.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Perth City Centre Hotel Perth
- Holiday Inn Perth City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Perth
- Perth Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As soon as you step into the intimate Lobby, you will feel the warm welcoming presence that is Holiday Inn Perth City Centre. Located in the heart of Perth it is only steps from Perth railway station and the boutiques of Hay Street Mall. Browse Aboriginal art galleries and designers on trendy King Street, close by, and step into next door's Apple Store for gadgets. It's a 15-minute walk from Holiday Inn Perth City Centre to the Barrack Street Jetty for ferry cruises to Rottnest Island's powder-white beaches and coral reef. Alternatively Stop over between connecting flights from Perth Airport, twelve km away, to the Kimberley and North West mining region. Our Concierge desk will always put you on the right track for tours of the Swan Valley wineries, a short 45 minute drive away or a tender steak in the cosy, dark-wood Seven88 Bar and Cafe. Mining and resources companies cluster at the western end of central Hay Street, like Rio Tinto across the street and Woodside, just 500 metres away. Your meetings at the Kellogg Joint Venture or Chevron Australia offices are both 1km away, and events at Perth Convention Exhibition Centre are a five minute stroll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Perth City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.