“A truly magical evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 130 things to do in Perth
Perth, Australia
“A truly magical evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I live pretty close to this little gem and have been meaning to go for ages... Something always comes up.
Two nights ago a friend organised a girl's night and three of us headed into Ellington's for what turned into a special evening.
The atmosphere is warm, welcoming, intimate and ... happy!
Even with the upbeat vibe, though, you can hear a pin drop when each act comes on stage. The rule is, no chatting while the music plays. I have never been in such a respectful, delightedly excited, but still quiet, audience in all my life. It was exquisite.
The music on the night in question was beautiful. Three local acts, and each of them managed to bring tears of joy to my eyes at least twice each. I'm not normally soppy, and looking around, I was not alone :)
The cocktails were sublime, and the service was perfect.
This could go on forever, but all the superlatives would make you ill!
I can't wait to go back soon, and to take my partner along for a romantic night of fine music, fabulous cocktails and maybe even some dancing.
If you haven't been yet - go soon.

Visited February 2012

Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Magical out of the way place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I had started hearing people talk about this place and how great it was and how the music and atmosphere was so nice. I was asked to go there on a first date and thought yeah why not.! I am glad I did. It has a warm and endearing feel to the place. It is cosy and attracts a wide variety of people of all ages - and the jazz is great!!!

Visited January 2012