“restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
billericay
“restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

good food , but lacked atmosphere or anything special on the menu to encourage me to return soon

Visited April 2012

Perth, Australia
“What a gem of a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We discovered the Roman Palace a few years ago and have since become pretty close to being regulars. A family run Italian restaurant which has a pleasant relaxed feel about it. A limestone pond running through the middle of the restaurant and the sound of running water add to the ambiance. We have tried most things on the menu and have yet to be disappointed. Hard to choose an entree and I generally end up ordering the Salsiccia (hot Italian sausage with fried tomato and feta) but this time tried the gnocchi which was superb. For mains, its either the Polo Con Mandorle (almond crusted chicken breast with proscutio and creamy cheese sauce) or my favourite, Zampi Romana (roasted lamb shanks iwith a port and shiraz sauce), by far the besat lamb shanks I have ever had. This time I tried the lasagna which I was not disappointed with. My wife on the other hand stuck with her favourite of Red Emperor with champagne sauce. A very welcoming restaurant with excellant service and perfect timing between courses. We have been frequenting this restaurant for a few years now and are eagerly looking forward to our next dining experience there.

• Visited November 2011