“Friendly staff, good value, relaxed laid back business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1800 Trail Rides & Farm Yard

1800 Trail Rides & Farm Yard
Lot 504, Telephone Road | Neergabby, Perth, Western Australia 6503, Australia (Formerly 1800 Trail Rides)
+61 1800 872 457
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Perth
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering Horse Riding experiences for the whole family. Now offering more animal experiences for the whole family with our FarmYard!
“Friendly staff, good value, relaxed laid back business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Being my first trail ride I started with the hill ride as I felt confident enough to do more then just a walking trail it was a good mixture of walking, trotting cantering and galloping (so fun) 2 hours was long enough I was able to realize I wouldn't be experienced enough to do the heritage trail but loved it so much I wanted to learn how to ride better. There were 2 guides that would help when u asked if you were unsure of how to do something or would let u know if you weren't doing something right. Everything was very casual it felt like you were at a friends farm to go for a ride I liked this aspect. Only thing I thought could be improved was doing a loop trail instead of coming back the way you came in but still was no big deal and it did offer a couple of different surfaces to ride through mud and a creek. The staff do a good job at teaming people up with the right horses. Overall there impressive rating on here is true to heart. Would definitely recommend

Visited October 2013

“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Thank you to everyone for a great afternoon. Emma and Tilly were fantastic and actually went on people's experience of riding or how confident they felt. The last trail ride I did with another company we walked the whole way. Annie the horse was a sweetheart, I want to take her home! This was a great mix of walk, trot and canter. Will hopefully be back. Thank you

Visited September 2013
“Brilliant, had fantastic time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Loved every minute of being in the saddle again after around 10years, staff were great as were the horses, I did the 1and half hour ride for beginners as some in our group had never ridden before, will definitely go again and do the rides for more experienced people. Thanks for a great day :-)

Visited August 2013
“Great family activity for complete beginners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had three kids from 5 to 7 and two novice parents. Denise had us all organised, trained and riding before we knew what had happened. The property was beautiful especially down by the river. Enough of a rush to be exciting but always felt safe and in good hands. Kids couldn't believe they were actually riding solo and the horses were beautiful and well behaved. Thanks again.

Visited July 2013
Denise K, Owner at 1800 Trail Rides & Farm Yard, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for your lovely feedback. So glad you enjoyed your ride - your kids did a great job!
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Nothing short of miraculous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was initially full of apprehension as this is the first time my 10yo autistic son has been anywhere near a horse, let alone ride one. Besides being our first time in Perth, there were numerous other "firsts" that could potentially go wrong: renting a car, finding our way there, getting our son onto the horse (he's fearful of anything new or moving!), persuading him to don a helmet (he hates it at home), etc etc. But the dream of riding proved to be too strong! Plus Denise was extremely reassuring over the email when we first set up the booking, explaining that she has worked with special needs children before.

The entire experience turned out to be nothing short of miraculous - well, at least from my perspective as a mother who had to anticipate every anxiety and emotion of my son 24/7. Denise and her team proved to be incredibly adept at handling him, with just the right firmness and warmth. My jaw literally dropped when they got him onto his ride with nary a whimper, all the while reassuring and encouraging him tirelessly. In fact, it was my 13yo daughter who seemed more nervous! The horses were wonderfully calm, friendly and perfect for first-timers like ourselves. They look beautifully-groomed and happy too. Special mention to Tilly who was helping to guide my son's horse. She was just incredible in encouraging my son throughout our 1-hour Farm Ride. In no time, he was grinning from ear to ear and reaching back to pat his horse's back playfully.

It was an unforgettable experience for the whole family and definitely the highlight of our stay in Perth - thanks to the team at 1300 Trail Rides! I just wish I could bring Denise and her team, plus her beautiful horses back to Singapore with us so that we can ride everyday!

Visited June 2013
Denise K, Owner at 1800 Trail Rides & Farm Yard, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We were truly honoured with the trust you and your family placed in our team. And it was our sincere pleasure to ensure that you all enjoyed a ride on your first visit to Perth. Thank you so much for your kind feedback and we look forward to taking you riding again one day soon!