“Fine dining, interrupted.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Perth
“Fine dining, interrupted.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant to celebrate the end of the year with work colleagues. The group of people at this dinner were all upper management who dine out frequently as part of their jobs. The venue itself was beautiful. From the moment we entered the Raffles hotel itself I was in awe of the visual ambience that had been created. It was a Wednesday night and the venue was packed. After a drink or two in the main bar, we headed up to Deco. What a beautiful setting! I was stunned by the view over the river and the attention to detail in regards to the layout. After being shown to our seat, I was a little disappointed to notice the stains all over my seat...particularly because I was wearing all white. The waitress was helpful and prompt in taking our orders. Everyone was happy with their meals and the service. The disappointing part of the evening was the 'night club' themed music that was pumping through the restaurant. I am unsure if this was coming up from downstairs or techno was what they had chosen to play in the dining area. Regardless, it made it very difficult to hear others and did not suit the ambience of the venue. I was also disappointed at the vibe that seemed to be being expressed at the end of the night by the staff. We were quite a big party who were spending quite a large sum on both meals and drinks. Yet, it was apparent from about 10pm onwards that the staff were ready to clean up and get home. No more drink orders were taken and amongst glares we were served with our bill within an hour (without requesting this). This was a disappointing end to what started as a pleasant evening. Would I go back? I am unsure....the venue itself was beautiful, views spectacular but the music was far too loud and unsuitable. My recommendation is that this venue would be highly suitable for a birthday, hens or bucks celebration where you can go and have a nice dinner with beautiful views and carry the party on downstairs. I do not believe I would book this venue again for a business dinner though.

“Enjoyed yet again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

we have been to the Deco a number of times in the past twelve months, each time very good, meals great service very attentive, highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here for mothers day dinner and it was a great choice. Service was very welcoming and nice, food was great and the views from the restaurant are great.
Had the charcuterie board and it was delicious with nice salamis, nice pate and more - after this had the New York steak which was cooked to perfection.
All in all a nice restaurant albeit in the higher price end but worth it.

• Visited May 2013
“Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our Third visit to Deco. This meal was a vast improvement.

We had Entre of Oysters and open ravioli with wild mushrooms
then a main of Steak and marron on risotto.

The steak was excellent as were all the dishes.

We met the new Restaurant Manager a conveyed to him
to keep it us and we will be back

• Visited April 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good food and service in a nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a nice dinner here last week. The restaurant is beautifully set up, with nice views. Very good quality linen, and tableware is used. Service was good, but not refined.

I had the Crab salad starter. Very fresh, and tasty. Well presented. Steak for a main course, which was cooked to perfection, but the outside was charred, so had a slight burnt taste. Also the meat was very under seasoned.

I would return, but when I have saved up!!!

• Visited February 2013