“Fantastic service, presentation and food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Perth
“Fantastic service, presentation and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went out last Saturday evening with friends to Zephyr and what a meal we had. The menu was excellent and the specials even better. The selection of beers and wines were impresssive with us discovering a very very nice red to go with my pork belly spare ribs served on fine mash with scallops. Yummmm!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Perth
“really enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to Zephyr in North Beach with some friend (there was 6 of us). We were greeted by friendly staff. I asked one of the staff if there was an ATM nearby as the one we went to on the way was out of order. She didnt know so went and got the manager, the manager came out and greeted us and said on this occasion it wouldnt be an issue to do seperate billing on our cards. This is not very common these days, and it just seemed that the staff members were friendly and willing to help.
We got 3 entrees between us. All came out in decent time, and were very tasty. We got the Italian sausage, the calamari and the gnocchi. No gripes here what so ever. For mains I got the pork belly with scallops and around the table there was duck parpadelle, mushroom risotto, tiger prawns, beef fillet and something else that I cannot remember. Everyone was happy with their choices. The beef was cooked to a PERFECT medium rare. The serving sizes were good. The pork belly was ever so slightly tough, but still very tasty (the only reason I didnt give Zephyr 5/5). For dessert we got the cheesecake and donuts. The cheesecake was amazing, however it had nothing on the donuts. They are worth going to the restaurant for by themselves. One of the best desserts I have had, ever.
All in all it was a pleasant time and I would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A great small eatery in north beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

A group of 12 went to celebrate two friends birthdays and had a great meal and were able to view a variety of dishes.
All the group enjoyed their meals and we were well looked after by the staff and had a chat to the chef at the end of the night. I will be recommending the Zephyr to others.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Western Australia
“Another Perth joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went last Saturday night with two friends at late notice based on some local food reviews. After getting a reservation at the last minute I thought we were off to a great start. When we arruved it got even better with a nice high table in a quiet part of the restaurant. I really thought we were in for a treat. I really must stress that service in general in Perth is a complete joke and the service industry really needs an overhaul. This is no exception.
We perused the menu and started to roll of the order to our waitress or seemed disinterested to say the least. It is 8.05pm and the restaurant is 3/4 full and 2 of the entrees have run out and 1 of the mains. No mention of this when handed menu's (really ticked off now as this is becoming common in Perth). Anyhow, we ordered a selection of entrees and a bottle of wine. The entrees came out in record time which scares me and were tasteless and of low quality. The wine was great, however you really can not screw that up.
We finished this and got into a healthy debate with our friends on an unrelated topic only to realise 1 hour later and another bottle of wine that our food was still not ready. We were not informed nor was any apology given. I find this unacceptable and considering the cost of dining at a local coastal suburb restaurant in Perth, even more frustrating. when the mains finally arrived they were also of average quality and i don't profess to being a professional chef, but i could easily have prepared something similar.
We were going to avoid dessert, but decided to try the tiramasu and this was ok, not the best, just ok and this is why I gave this place 2 stars instead of 1.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anybody................period.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tasmania
“Super little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Excellent menu with quite a few gluten free and vegetarian options.

Visited February 2012