“Design your own pasta!! Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #167 of 1,540 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Design your own pasta!! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Definitely planning on becoming a regular at this place! The homemade pasta is delicious... And even better, you can design the dish yourself by choose the type of pasta, the meat and the sauce! The sauce selection is great, very creative. I've been twice now and it gets better each time! The affogato served with frangelico topped off the evening!

Perth, Australia
“2nd time there and even better than before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I reviewed this place a few months ago when it was my first time there. It was a positive experience despite a few very minor issues. My friends and I decided to go back there last night and I am pleased to say, it was even more pleasant than before.

It is very small and cosy, and bookings are definitely recommended, as it is almost always full (a mark of a good restaurant!). It also plays cool, lounge-style background music, which gives it a sophisticated edge.

The menu is primarily one in which you can mix and match the pastas and sauces to your taste, which is what I did last time. They do, however, also offer non-pasta dishes, and I decided to go with one of these this time. Prior to that, however, we shared the ciabatta for entree, and one of my friends also ordered the Roma tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella. No complaints at all.

Myself and 1 other friend went with the grilled salmon (it shows as trout on the menu, but since trout was out of season, they were offering salmon, which was even better from my perspective!). It was so tender and delicious, and came with prawns and vegetables. I also ordered a side salad, which in hindsight wasn't even necessary. It was huge and very delicious. My other friend ordered the pork, and he was very happy with this also.

The restaurant's dessert menu varies. Only one of us had a dessert - my friend had the panna cotta and liked it. He was also very pleased with his choice of white wine, as were we all with our after-dinner liqueurs.

Despite it being a busy Saturday night, the service was prompt. The 2 major improvements to last time were: 1) more of the options were available, perhaps due to the fact that we were 1 hour earlier. Last time, by the time we got there for our booked time of 8pm, some of the things on the menu had run out. And 2) the coffee machine was working.

Definitely a big thumbs up, and will be back for thirds very soon!

• Visited September 2012
“Special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked a table for 3 for a birthday celebration. The menu options are appetising and it's a novel idea to create your own pasta dish from the elements on the menu - different pastas, sauces and toppings such as prawns, chorizo or smoked salmon, as well as other dishes such as trout or slow-braised lamb shoulder. The staff (and the owner who was dining alongside us) couldn't have been more helpful, and the evening finished with a couple of candles decorating the birthday dessert. Food was well-prepared and the desserts are presented on a whiteboard at the table. All in all a very good experience, and highly recommended. But be sure to book as the room is fairly small, with about 48 covers. BYO wine.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Will be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Came here on a Saturday night at 8pm after making a booking a day or so before. It was packed with diners. They had run out of a few items (meat balls, tagliatelle, gnocchi) but my party of 4 were still able to find things on the menu. It is a nice concept that you can "design your own" dish by picking a type of pasta, type of meat and type of sauce. I and 2 of my friends did this (I had the spaghetti + grilled chicken + gusto tomato sauce) and we were all very satisfied. My other friend went for the non-pasta option - the trout - and said it was one of the best meals he had had in a long time. The staff were very friendly and accommodating at all times. Unfortunately, their coffee machine had also broken the day before so we were unable to try their coffees/hot chocolates and we were too full for dessert.

The restaurant itself is small but very cosy with nice warm decor. It is a perfect place for a casual winter dinner, and prices are extremely reasonable. The only reason I rated it 4 instead of 5 was because of the fact that they had run out of 3 main items. I understand that Saturday 8pm is a little on the later side for Perth restaurants, but we had made a booking and I think restaurants should be able to cater to that sort of thing. Running out of 1 item may be acceptable, but 3, not so much. However, this is merely just constructive criticism - all 4 of us will still definitely be back for more and I would recommend it to others!

• Visited June 2012
Perth Western Australia
“Bellissimo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We visited on a Wednesday evening and it was busy!

The food was lovely, Italian and the service friendly and efficient.

There is a nice buzz about this little neighbourhood restaurant.

If you enjoy your pasta - you'll enjoy Unravelled!

• Visited February 2012