“all frills and no knickers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth

Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth
Burswood Entertainment Complex | Great Eastern Highway, Perth, Western Australia 6100, Australia
+61 8 6252 1900
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 1,471 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Glossop, United Kingdom
“all frills and no knickers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Rockpool is the most disappointing place I have been to for a long time.
The food is alright but at the prices they charge my expectation was for more than alright. The presentation was nonexistent
for start I had sea trout for start which was just dumped on the plate on top of some shredded veg,
for main I had the Wagu Sirloin at $119, it was a cut up steak served on an empty plate, not the best steak I have had and certainly no thought go into the plate,
finally for desert I had a passion fruit pavlova, now in a restaurant like Rockpool I would expect them to leave diners with a wow desert however all I got was a slice of pavlova on a plain plate nothing else no style no flare just a slice on a plate.
The service was poor as the waiter did not have good knowledge of the food or wine and also continually interrupted conversations to push his way in to get plates of which he dropped a couple. All in all I would rate it as an overpriced, not good value, complaisant, mediocre restaurant which feels they do not have to try because of their name.
Very disappointing and would not recommend.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Best. Steak. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is a huge call to make - but my medium rare grain fed 250g eye fillet could not be faulted. Cooked perfectly and melt-in-your-mouth tender it was worth the trip across the Nullabor. Matched with an extensive (albeit expensive) wine list and I found myself in carnivore heaven. Friendly, professional staff rounded out the whole package to make the meal one to remember.

“Beautiful food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Beautiful restaurant, classically refined decor and service. Very attentive staff excellent wine list and the food was outstanding.
On the expensive side but you get what you pay for and if a classy evening with great food and wine is what you like then this is the place to go.

Perth, Australia
“Always fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Rockpool is always an impressive place to dine and the setting is just beautiful. I have been here for dinner four times and am yet to be disappointed by a meal. I am not a cocktail drinker; however I always have one while I am here and they are just delicious. The service is always attentive and the staff are well versed on the menu and prepared to fully explain this to you. The menu is seasonal so I have enjoyed a number of mains- Wagyu, partridge, Mount Barker chicken. The desserts are lovely as well. This is just an all round, lovely dining experience and something a little special if you want to take some loved ones.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Great Lunchtime treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were after a nice lunch without the hustle & bustle of the city. Rockpool were offering a 2 course lunch with champagne for $49 so this took our eye. From the moment we walked in the staff were friendly & seated us straight away. Being lunchtime there was only a few patrons so the service was fast & the food came out pretty much straight away after we ordered. Entree was goats cheese tortellini - 4 small pieces only & for main I selected a small order of beef which was served with roast potato. There was noting else included in the price except crust bread. My partner also selected the same & he was searching for more after. The quality was amazing but the portions were very small. Desert could have been purchased for an extra cost.
As we had always wanted to try Rockpool, it was a great way to experience it without a large cost. Would I go back there - yes for sure.

• Visited June 2014