“Very expensive but fantastic food and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth

Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth
Burrswood Resort Complex | Great Eastern Highway, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (Perth CBD)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 1,531 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Perth, Western Australia
“Very expensive but fantastic food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was my second visit, both of which were business lunches so fortunately it was company funds and not my own.

Had the $119 sirloin on the first trip and the $69 Rangers Valley fillet second time around and the fillet was much better. The $119 sirloin was nice but I could have eaten 3 - it was so small.

Had the mushrooms and truffles for entrée (which were great) and finished off with the donuts, lemon curd and apple (again, great).

Between 3 of us we had 6 beers, a bottle of cab sav, 3 glasses of (awesome) port plus we all ate three courses. Bill amount - just short of $600.

Loved the food, loved the service, nice comfortable seats and table. Hope my business keeps thriving so I can keep bringing people here!

Would I spend $600 of my own cash in there with 2 friends? No chance.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester
“$7 a mouthful of pasta!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Ridiculously overpriced. Having ordered a pasta main ($35) I was told this was the price for a starter (!!!), they didn't know the price for a main. Turned out it was $48, for 7 pieces of pasta and three prawns (one of which was still raw, really not good as I'm pregnant!) We received no response after complaining about the raw prawn. The side dish of mac & cheese was double the size and much better value.
My starter of chorizo (4 slices), potato (4 small pieces) and beans turned out to be a bowl of mainly onion.
I could list many more examples that let us down, but all in all almost 3 hours to be served onion and a tiny portion of pasta for around $80 left me feeling completely ripped off. I don't mind paying for good food, but this wasn't it.
Sorry Rockpool, if you're going to charge these prices, I don't expect you to be so miserly with the ingredients.
Only saving feature was it was so bad it was actually laughable...

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Over rated over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Food is terrible. Crispy skinned fish? Let me deep fry that for you. want onion rings? I will deep fry a whole onion. Prawns? Well 4 cooked in 6 is ok right?

I am not a foodie, but I hate hype. Don't eat Niels food on Qantas aircraft or its lounges, wont rush to eat this junk again either

Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“Nice Restaurant Expensive food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went there for a birthday meal. I don't take steaks but my partner does and he said it's alright. The restaurant settings and ambiance is good but i find the prices doesn't match the quality of the food. Probably it's been hyped up by media and celebrities. I wouldn't go there again, once its enough for the experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went for our anniversary and had such a terrific time. The food is amazing as so delicious. I can not falt this place. The service is just fantastic. I love how you can see the chefs in the kitchen cooking away. Fantastic restaurant