“Great meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth

Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth
Burrswood Resort Complex | Great Eastern Highway, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,539 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Rockpool is very expensive but if your out to impress, this is the restaurant for you. The steaks are to die for and the staff are incredible. We went for dinner and found the food fantastic. I had a steak and we had 3 side dishes. The servings were large and 2 side dishes would have been enough, and I have a large appetite. Wine list is extensive and a full bar is available. A great night out. Too expensive for a regular meal out but great for special occasions .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“food was great, service lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Once again, front of house has let another fine restaurant down. Veggos at the table were served favour ten to twenty minutes before non veggos. This was at a function, but that is no excuse. The food was very nice and the facility lovely.

Visited July 2013
“Rockpool Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Definitely one to put on the favourites list. Add to the absolutely delicious meal, the service was very good too which goes to show that great service can be delivered in Perth. Well done and we will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Ok but”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The feel and the service is certainly 5 star but to be frank if the food was awesome I would eat in an ally way. I ordered the T-Bone medium rare and it came out charcoal on the fat edge and rare for most of the meaty parts. Based on years around BBQ's my analysis would be that they had their grill too hot. Passing the flamed up kitchen on the way to the bathroom was impressive however it also confirmed my suspicions. Flaming meat is a great way to cook but the enthusiasm needs to be tempered. My partners steak was also burnt on the outside and blue on the inside, for someone, that doesn't like rare steak, that went out on a limb and trusted the recommendation that the steak should not be cooked past medium rare it was quite disappointing. I was particularly critical in my review because they are known for their steak...If you ordered a medium to well done I'm not sure how you would go. Side serving were delicious and more of the style and quality we were expecting and dessert was great. Service was a mix of great and OK. We were seated and introduced to the menu well, dessert menu was presented at the right time and bill was efficiently dealt with. To order the mains we waited a couple minutes longer than we would of liked but we were talked through the menu well.... not a massive gripe.. The sauce boy was a bit average. He didn't know if the horseradish was fresh and simply replied "I don't know". Then dropped some sauce on my partners fork, didn't notice and walked away. We ended up using one of the spares so all sorted but could have been handled a bit better.
I've eaten at the Niel Perry inspired first class lounge in Sydney and the food was exceptional. Maybe next time I would go for something other than the steaks..
Star rating was based largely on the steak everything else was 4 to 5 star, polarized, I know, but that makes life interesting....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was really looking forward to coming here for dinner and was so disappointed.

I had the Cape Grim Dry Aged Fillet cooked medium rare and it was awful. Their grill must have been too hot as it was burnt on the outside and very much rare on the inside. I love steak but I couldn't finish it. They asked if it was cooked ok and I lied at first but then thought, I am paying for this so surely they could cook it how I have asked. So, I sent it back and it came out even more burnt on the outside and still rare on the inside. For a restaurant that prides itself on steak, it surely was not what I was expecting.

We had the Royal Blue Potatoes and Mushy Peas with Egg as sides and they were both delicious. They were quite large in serving size too.

For dessert we had the Lemon Curd Doughnuts which was also tasty.

If I went back I would not have steak again. Try something else unless you like it rare/ blue! The service was great and we were well looked after so they get a 10/10!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere