“Just keeps getting better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth

Rockpool Bar & Grill, Perth
Burrswood Resort Complex | Great Eastern Highway, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,539 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Just keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had dinner last night and I think this place just keeps getting better. Had a fantastic meal & the service was extremely good. Everyone was thrilled with their meal & the $98 seafood platter for two was amazing. Beef cheeks were sensational and the whole experience was out standing.

Visited August 2013

“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'll start with the positives. The atmosphere is great, the lighting and ambience all very appealing. The service is quite good, staff were prompt and knowledgeable and helpful. That's about it for the positives. Now onto the negatives. The food, which lets face it is what you ultimately go to a restaurant for, is over priced and underwhelming. The best thing we had was the starter that we shared. We had pork belly and squid which came with fried onions and cherry tomatoes which was delicious. The mains however were a huge let down. I chose trout which came out on a huge white plate, and in the middle of that plate was a small piece of grilled white fish and a wedge of lemon. For $55. I think this is outrageous. My partner had a $55 steak (the cheapest on the menu) which was average at best. For that price you expect to be blown away but we definitely weren't. My fish came with a small saucer on the side that contained 3 pieces of parsley, 3 pieces of dill, and one half cresent slice of red onion. This apparently constitutes a herb salad. We ordered sides as well; potatoes and roasted peppers. Both were not great and very greasy. For dessert we had the petit four, which were in no way petit. What we got was 4 large random dishes of a chocolate cupcake(??!) A plate of individually wrapped toffees, some shards of chocolate and a glass of marshmallow. There was way too much for 2 people but the waiter did not warn us when we ordered. So we ended up taking must of the desserts home with us. Overall a disappointing experience. For those kind of prices I expect way more. Will not be going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not a fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I've visited rockpool with a friend on two occasions now and have been bitterly disappointed each time.

The steak was dry and charred beyond recognition and the sides were average. Dessert was also a disappointment but the biggest fail is the price tag. I don't mind paying a premium for quality but this was far from that.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Casino restaurants - approach with caution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I will be the first to admit that Crown has done a pretty good job transforming a horrible venue into something worth visiting - if for the restaurants alone. But be warned, just like many casino's that tout big name chefs (yep, that's you MBS), you are often left fairly disappointed. So I've read many of the reviews and yes, some of the seating is a bit like the Qantas Lounge (thankfully minus the Hi-Vis clothing, what's with that????), and the service can be a bit off and yes, it's expensive (it is Rockpool...); but this is definitely better than average.

What's Hot: The steaks were perfectly cooked - absolutely no complaints. But then again they damn well should be. The service was average to start then improved once our main waiter introduced himself. He was focussed and attentive. The wine list is excellent and stocks some interesting single vineyard wines as well as some better known top class Australian reds. I also had the pavlova and agree it was too sweet - but I'm not a sweet tooth and I'm not a chef so maybe that's how it's supposed to be.

What's Not: Oh, the view of the carpark...that is depressing. Restaurant layout isn't the best and frankly I think it's too big. You just don't get the ambience of Rockpool Sydney, so don't expect that.

Worth a visit? Definitely. I got value for money because the food and wine were very good and service was as I expected.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Epic failure”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I invited a visiting guest to Rockpool after reading the raving reviews. To say that I was embarassed about the quality of the food was an understatement. The only edible dish was the Taste of the sea which was sashimi . The Cape grim fillet and T bone steak was charred beyond recognition. When I asked the Maitre'd about the charred beef, he said to squeeze the lemon juice on it to take away the char taste. Really? That's news to me. The dessert did not fare too well either. The passionfruit pavlova was diabetic inducing as I can still see sugar crystals in it. It was sickly sweet

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere