“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banksia Tourist Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perth
Banksia Tourist Park
You added Banksia Tourist Park to your Saves list
219 Midland Road | Hazelmere, Perth, Western Australia 6055, Australia   |
Ranked #27 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in May 2012 and I can't thank the staff enough. My check-in was quick and easy and very friendly. We were booked into the chalet and it was very clean and had all the basic amenities you need for a comfortable nights stay. If there was any negatives, I could hear to much of my neighbors conversations and we wanted to sleep early cause we would be leaving early the next morning. Other than that, we really didn't have any issues and would highly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy P, Manager at Banksia Tourist Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I would like to thank you for you feedback after staying in our park. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. You would be happy to know that the accommodation that you stayed in has recently had a renovation which includes a brand new bathroom and has been freshly painted throughout. We would welcome you back anytime. Thank you for informing me about the noise in the room next door, we are very conscious of this and do encourage all our guests to consider their neighbours due to the adjoining wall. My suggestion next time you visit the park is to try our Delux Cabins as they are free standing and only 18 months old. Thanks again. Tammy Page. Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

People you meet in the park (travellers) are lovely, if only you could have a manager who can run the place where she was actually liked. Nobody has had a nice thing to say on her however people are too gutless to stand up to her patronising, rude and controlling behaviour. She use to manage a bank so watch out it's probably why it's so damn expensive there, she running the park like a bank. She is rude to people and the staff, which you will feel as soon as she speaks to you the first time. If after this review you do go and stay there don't say you were not warned and i would have to say that i feel sorry for those spending there holiday there, it will forever leave a bad taste. One more thing in regards to hygien, they don't what that is, toilets dirty as those cleaning it are man who also clean the grounds, pool, fix everything, do the plumbing and painting, electricity issues, cause they must not be making enough with the price they charge us to get tradesman with licenses for jobs that legally reguire it or they must be so tight, when the owners son is driving a Porch 4 wheel drive.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you want a goog memorable holiday or stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tammy P, Manager at Banksia Tourist Park, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our business. We are sorry that your visit to our park was so unpleasant as we try to do the best we can to make our guests feel welcome. Sometimes our best is just not good enough. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Western Australia. Regards. Tammy Page. Manager
ceduna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This caravan park should be avoided, we booked in and were asked for photo ID which I did not have a problem with, but, I did have a problem with them photocopying my drivers licence, teh refusing to return it to me when I left. The manager was rude to us and to her staff member who was booking us in. If the financial transaction had not been completed we would have moved on. If they really need to copy your ID they need to tell you this before confirming your booking to let you decide whether you accept their terms, we talked to many people in the park and they all agreed that nowhere else in Australia they had been asked for ID

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for your feedback. We wish to advise that the photo copying of identification is part of our park rules/policy and there are no exceptions to anybody. Upon entry into the park we request that not only do our guests provide us with photo id that also a guest registration is completed by the guest and signed agreeing to our park rules. Should refusal happen with providing the identificaation we do not allow entry into our park. i am very confident that my staff would have offered a refund of any monies paid if you had decided not to stay in our park and chosen to go elsewhere. It would appear that you did agree to our terms and conditions as you did indicate that you had stayed in our park. I do hope however that you did enjoy your stay in our park and we do welcome you back should you wish to return. Kind regards. Tammy Page. Manager.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First of all, I want to thank Ms Dawn for all her help in getting our accomodation at Banksia Tourist Park in Perth, Australia. We had been emailing back & fro and she was very patient with me with all the questions we had.

Do aware that when you book online, the payment (deposit) is only partial. We had to send payment information via email to complete the payment before securing a chalet. Special instruction will be given if you arrive after reception hour. But do inform the staff, so that they can instruct you how to get your keys.

From the Perth International airport, it take us less than 15min to get there. If you don't have a GPS and are following their direction, DON'T turn at the green sign that said Midland. We almost did but glad we didn't turn left there. Go straight PASS the Midland green sign until you come to Midland ROAD. Continue to follow their direction. In day time, you may be able to see small signs that show you the way to the park. But it is hard to see those signs in the night.

We stayed there for 3 nights. Book a 2 bedroom ensuite chalet. Although, the chalet (made of brick) look old, it was very clean inside. They provide small pack of soap, towels, bed linen, bed sheet, tea, coffee, sugar and cream for each paying people. If you need to change towels, bring them to the reception in the morning for exchange.

The chalet isn't big but enough room for us with young children. The 2 set of bunk bed really make my children go crazy. They just love to climb up the top. But the younger one slept on the bottom as we are afraid he might fall in the middle of the night when he needed to use toilet.

There are plates, cups, bowls, cooking items, stove, folks, spoons, knives etc. Just like staying at home, most things are there to help us cook. The only thing I wish they have is a measuring cup. Otherwise, it is easy to cook there. They did provide broom, mop and bucket for cleaning the place. There is a bottle of liquid in the shelf. They didn't label it, so we aren't sure if that is for cleaning the floor or dishes. Anyway, we bought our own dish washing liquid. No dish washing machine.

The refrigerator has 3 boxes of full cream milk. Not sure if they were left by previous tenants. We did give away our left over food and drinks to our neighbor before leaving.

The area look safe to me. There is a gate where swiping a card is needed, to life the gate up before car can go in. There are vending machines where you can purchase food and drink in the game room. Swimming pool, BBQ area and a small children playground in the compound.

There isn't anything in the immediate neigbourhood. It is about 5 min drive to get to nearby Midland Shopping Center where you can buy food at food court or supermarkets. There are also some tourist information in the reception area. There are staffs after hour, you just need to press the bell. We had to do it once because the light bulk burn out. The lady was very helpful even though she isn't that tall for the job. She also sent someone the next day to check on the light.

If we go back to Perth again, I will go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have many people or young children, do choose the 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. Only family cha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your feedback and we are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our park. Your comments around the cleanliness of our accommodation is very much appreciated as we pride ourselves in this area. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay in Perth and we would love to have you back next time you visit. Perhaps ask for the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom accommodation if there is 4 or more guests. Thanks again for taking the time it is very much appreciated. Kind regards. Tammy Page. Manager
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wallet had been stolen on the way to Perth. I (81yrs), my wife (77yrs),dog and caravan arrived late afternoon on a very rainy day and was refused a site because we didn't have photo identification. The women was rude and unhelpful. It was very upsetting since we were very tired and did not know where else to go. I can't believe people can treat others especially the elderly so badly with no compassion or understanding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We respond to the feedback you provided on our park and we are sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory.Unfortunately our park rules are for everybody across the board, no photo id, no entry, Under the circumstances, I am very confident that if you had provided us with a copy of a police report to indicate that your wallet had been stolen that my staff would have assisted you in the best way possible to accommodate you as it is not in our best interest to turn away any business. Many thanks for your feedback, Tammy Page. Manager

Been to Banksia Tourist Park? Share your experiences!