“so so” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandbar

Sandbar
1 Scarborough Beach Road, Scarborough, Perth, Western Australia 6019, Australia (Scarborough)
08 9245 2001
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Bicton, Australia
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

have been to this venue many times in the past under the trading name of Zandas. never had a bad meal there. this time around we were a little disappointed.
the atmosphere and new setting was quite nice, very laid back and similar to Clancy's Fish Pubs.
The staff were also friendly and helpful.
my wife and I shared the serve of "fish tacos" which was quite generous for an entrée size. however, they weren't actually tacos, but a soft enchilada type wrap. Tasty enough.
For mains I had the fish and chips which was "OK" , but a cheap foreign fish was used I am certain. My wife had the Marinara linguine , which was a huge serve with a few tasteless pieces of seafood thrown in. The seafood pieces were very watery and had no flavour whatsoever, very disappointing.
we advised the table staff of the poor Marinara quality , she took our comments onboard and did not charge us for this meal. Good service !
Hopefully on our next visit we wont be disappointed.
ps: loved the Nail Stout and jug of "Summer Jug" was really good

• Visited July 2014

61% Recommend
Adelaide
“Nice food, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

First up I want to thank the friendly staff, they were great!

We had a dips plate which was nice, the Mediterranean bruschetta which was superb, and a Green Room pizza, which honestly could have had more topping but still tasted nice.

There's a mame machine in the corner and our son was happy to be able to play pacman in between slices of pizza.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A singlet at 9.00pm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

4 of us visited on Saturday the 24th ,three of the meals were fine, I was a little disappointed
in my Beachball pizza for the lack of topping.
I would have gladly paid an extra $5 bucks or whatever for an ample serve.Drinks and service fine.

But greatest disappointment was that at the table next to us was a guy wearing a singlet ,,come on I know it's Scarborough , hey I live there , but 9.00pm on a Saturday night in a restaurant ....some modicum of a dress standard needs to be implemented ....or may be not ! depends who want to attract !!!!

• Visited May 2014
Perth, Australia
“$6.00 for a very ordinary muffin I don't think so!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We only visited this restaurant as the cafe that we planned to go to had closed. The staff were friendly and attentive and were polite when I queried the $12.00 price for a brownie! I thought it was a mistake at first but opted for the $6 muffin which was fresh and pleasant but nothing to write home about (apart from the price) and a pot of Earl Grey Tea. I was pleased that it was actual tea leaves and not a tea bag but it was so strong that you could have used it as paint stripper! The staff were happy to give me extra hot water but it still isn't the same. It's a great location with views of Scarborough Beach but there are so many other cafes that have the same views without the high price. Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for a higher price if the quality and quantity is there but it wasn't. Great staff though but I think they're kidding themselves putting those prices on the menu.

• Visited May 2014
Bali, Indonesia
“Great Place and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

A great location and the food and drinks were good and very reasonably priced. Friendly staff and service - can't go wrong

Visited April 2014