“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Apartments

You added Regal Apartments to your Saves list
Regal Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   11 Regal Place, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Ranked #21 of 53 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We were in town from Mandurah for Sexpo 2011 and wanted somewhere that offered a little more than a room as we had 4 adults in the group.

The Regal Apartments fit that bill and certainly it was priced well.

We were a little disapointed at not having a balcony room, but as it turned out we couldn't smoke out there if we had.

The first impressions after reading all the reviews previously were " it was better than we all expected".

For anyone with an average sedan, watch out! We decided to park in the alloted room space, not being sure about who could park where and this was something that could have been made clearer. ( seeing we arrived on Saturday afternoon and no reception). I think it took us at least 30 minutes and 2 drivers to negotiate the tight area to finally reach the right space. If you had a 4 wheel drive, forget it! As it turned out we could have parked on the first level, but again we weren't sure if there were permanent residents who had preference.

The interior was actually well done, couches were comfy and the beds, well squishy and hot. I suspect foam and not the best. Both bed lights didnt work, the shower and bathroom were clean, but how accomodation allows mould to grow in their recesses is beyond comprehension. The breakfast pack for $10 was seriously a joke and the coffee was stale, think it might have been left over from the ark.

However, the place suited our purposes, it was well located close to IGA and restuarants. I would stay there again and the price was definately right.

If you are looking for no frills and a value, then I say stay in one of the 2 bed apartments, just dont be too put off by the hallway interiors which were tired, dated and seriously needed an overhaul. As a friend mentioned, the stain marks along the carpet reminded her of a dog that worms and had scrunched their way along to get relief ( and that was the rather clean version)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Devonport, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Apartments are in East Perth,a poorer suburb of Perth,this we wern't aware of! Although they are making the suburb more attractive.
Apartments were old and well worn,bed was as hard as a rock. Internet was not what was advertised for our room,but it wasn't worth the hassle of moving,not knowing if the room would be even worse.
The carpets in the stairways and hallways were disgusting with big stains everywhere.
The fire alarm went off 3 times in our week-long stay,arrarently this was a common occurence at night-time.Not once did the Fire Crew attend,but each time we were expected to wait outside for 20 minutes until the staff arrived to turn it off.After the second time we waited in the foyer!
Although accomodation was close to the free bus service that takes you to most attractions in Perth.

Room Tip: To get the best room,stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
RegalApartments, Public Relations Manager at Regal Apartments, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Regal Apartments would like to apoligise to you as you did not have a good experience with us. In relation to your comments, I am disapointed that Regal Apartments were unable to assist your comments during your stay.

In relation to the mattress in your apartment, we would have happily assisted you with a different mattress in your apartment if you had advised us that you were unhappy with the mattress in your apartment.

In relation to your comment about the state of the apartments, our apartments are in the process of a refurbishment. A proportion of them have already been completed. Once again, if you had bought this to our attention we would have addressed this matter for you at the time.

Fire alarms in an apartment complex are something that we can not control. We apologise to you that you were inconvienced by the alarm going off.

The carpets in the common areas are in the process of being changed out. Our common areas are cleaned each day and the upkeep of the premises is a strong priority.

I would like to advise all guests that they are always able to contact a staff member for assistance if they have any questions or problems. We would like to thank you for your feedback and wish that you would come and stay with us again.
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

After reading some of the reviews I wasnt hopefull about this place however it wasnt that bad. The actual rooms are very large, fully apointed apartment with a comfy sofa, nice TV and decent aircon in the lounge. If I was travelling with my family I would certainly consider this place again.

It wasnt all good, there's no air in the bedrooms making them very stuffy at night & the place could have been cleaner (pulled the bed out to get to the power plug to charge the phone, this revealed items left by a previous guest that shouldnt have been there... enough said).

Overall if your travelling with kids / family & want a good sized place in a nice area then I would suggest this place, good size & good value... if on business however I suggest finding another venue.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

The actual apartment layout and offering is good in relation to the cost however, the lack of care towards cleanliness and general maintenance is appalling. I have stayed at Regal on and off for the last seven or so weeks staying in three different apartments and all were cleaned to the very bare minimum and there is a strange odour through out the complex. Two of the three had beds well beyond the useable life and issues such as broken light switches and noisy appliances. On two occasions I have asked to be moved which as been greeted with and friendly but firm no. As demand currently is strong in Perth for short stay accommodation, I suspect that Regal’s occupancy with remain high which gives the management little to no incentive to lift their game. Strongly recommend this establishment be used as a last resort.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
RegalApartments, Public Relations Manager at Regal Apartments, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Guest,

Regal Apartments prides itself on the standard of housekeeping and maintenance that we achieve in our property. We have recently had a change of staff members and we have received fantastic reviews on our standards of cleaning. Our head housekeeper has lifted the standard of our cleaning and she is very confident that the standard is constantly maintained.
In regards to your stay, i am very disappointed that your concerns were not brought to the attention of our staff as we would have rectified any problems that you may have come across.

We would like to advise our guests that we do uphold a high standard of cleanliness in our properties. We welcome guest comments and we would appreciate having the opportunity to fix any problems whilst the guest is still in-house.

Regards
Marketing and PR Manager
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

This hotel is situated in East Perth and it takes about 30 min to walk to city centre.

The hotel is the equivalent of low cost airlines. The basics are there, anything else you want, you have to pay extra. An extra towel costs $2.50. Room cleaning costs $55.

The room furnitures are of low quality, the beds are made of spongy foam, and not of the standard inner spring beds common in most hotels. If you have lower back problem, they may not be comfortable to sleep in. The walls are all bare without any paintiings. The corridors are also bare - literally.

I asked the reception to assist in booking a local tour, but was given a phone no. and told to do it myelf.

The room rates are reasonable, but considered high if the lack of quality and services are taken into account.

My email address was bombarded with the hotel adverts after I checked out. Apparently they have added me to their data base without my consent.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Sunderland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

At the most this is a 1* rated property and is far from the self rated 4* it portrays itself to be on its own website and agencies promoting Regal Apartments. On arriving we were greeted by what resembled a building site outside of the main entrance of which we were not notified. We proceeded inside where the floors in the main reception were really dirty they actually mirrored the dirt from outside. We then checked in and the receptionist advised us of the security codes to the doors leading to the rooms I have to say this left me slightly unnerved as did the whole ambience of the surroundings. Never the less we carried on to the apparently newly refurbished room we had been allocated for our 10 night stay! Through the corridors to the room all of the walls and carpets were absolutely disgusting. When we got to our room it took us all of 30 seconds to decide we were not staying here and I immediately started ringing around Perth hotels for accommodation for that night. While I was doing this a man came into our room showing a lady around, we told him we were not happy with the standard of the room and that we were leaving he just ignored this and continued showing the lady around at no point did he come back and speak to us before we left considering he was the Manager of the apartments you would of thought he would have wanted to discuss why we were not happy. The room was disgusting very unclean dark and gloomy with very little natural light, the bed looked unmade and dirty and don't even get me started on the net curtains if they were supposed to be dirty grey then ok but I’m presuming they were supposed to be white!
Their customer service also leaves a lot to be desired trying to get some kind of refund for the 10 nights we paid in advance was in itself a hard task. I was advised that we would only receive a refund if they managed to resell our room as we had booked through an agency. After several telephone calls, e-mails and texts I eventually managed to speak to Peter (one of their managers) who advised that they had worked really hard and had managed to resell 6 of the 10 nights paid for so we received a refund however, I would suggest this was through our persistence rather than their generosity. Their own refund policy is the loss of the cost of 2 nights’ accommodation I would have thought they could have implemented this process in the circumstances. When I spoke to Peter he advised me that the room clean I would suggest that he must be wearing rose coloured spectacles if that is his idea of clean it is certainly not mine. I have read some of the reviews on trip advisor and I should have taken note of the bad ones and steered clear of Regal Apartments. We ended up staying in a 5* resort just outside of Perth City for less than the cost of this appalling place. Regal Apartments Management clean up your act and stop ripping people off!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
RegalApartments, Public Relations Manager at Regal Apartments, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally apologise for the experience that you have had at Regal Apartments. If i could please ask you to email me at marketing@regalapartments.com.au as i would like to investigate this issue for you. Regal Apartments has recently had new staff start and we would like to ensure that guests have a pleasant stay. I look forward to resolving this issue with you soon.
boulder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Great place for family and friends. Nearby food outlets. Close to free public transport.
Within walking distance of the CBD which we walked into town on several occasions
One little thing is that the light switch on the small bedroom is on the outside of the bedroom - a little annoying which could be easily moved to the inside of the bedroom.
Also the reception of the TV was bad - possibly antenae problem.
Apart from that a very enjoyable stay and would recommend others to stay there

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Regal Apartments? Share your experiences!