“Wonderful Indian food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Balti

Balti
St George's Terrace, East Perth, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (East Perth)
Website
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Perth
“Wonderful Indian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner at the Balti restuarant last week during a visit to Perth. My friend and I decided to try the vegetarian dishes only and we were not disappointed. The eggplant dish was sublime with the perfect blend of spices and wonderful texture. The steaming vegetarian Biriyani rice dish was aromatic and pleasing. This is one of my favourite Indian restaurants and the variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes is outstanding. The staff are pleasant and the service is great. The wine list is not extensive but reasonable. Sue

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Uncasville, Connecticut
“The worst indian restaurant ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Never dine there coz the foolish owner is rude to customers esp. Indians!strange but true.
The customer service is hopeless .we weren't allowed a seat of ur choice as we had pram and he was telling us it would block his way,we had to leave.the arrogant and disrespectful owner is a shame to the whole community.

Visited January 2013
Albany, Western Australia, Australia
“Gone down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I used to go here a lot when the old owners were in charge but not the food quality and service has gone down hill a lot. There are now much better Indian's to go to. Try Bollywood, they were excellent

Visited November 2012
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Good food, but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food is good but nothing special; given the hefty prices (around $50 per person for dinner) I expected way better. Staff were very disinterested and bordering on unfriendly. If the place would focus on service as much as they do on trendy decor, then it would be great.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Good and Reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I travel to Perth most weeks regularly on my own.
The Balti is my safe haven - near where I stay, good food, ok wine list, pleasant staff with efficient service.
I love the Samosas but as I have worked through the menu I haven't been disappointed. Last week I had the Chicken Masala which was spicy,flavor some and generous.
The Balti isn't likely to be the place you'll go for a special occasion (that said I was there on Valentine's Day this year and it was very busy!) but it is a good place for an informal meal.

• Visited December 2012