“Good Service Disappointed with price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kailis Bros Leederville

Kailis Bros Leederville
101 Oxford St, Leederville, Perth, Western Australia 6007, Australia (West Perth)
9443 6300
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #238 of 1,471 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Perth
Perth, Australia
“Good Service Disappointed with price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The crayfish for $74 was very disappointing. There was only about 10 small pieces. The snapper was very well cooked and the sauce was lovely. We had to order dessert to fill ourselves up though and I am not a big eater. Will definitely seek better value elsewhere next time

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I decided to go out to lunch on a whim, and he wanted to check out the menu at Kailis Brothers in Leederville. We walked in and were very pleasantly surprised by the air conditioning which was the perfect temperature, and also the restaurant setting, which managed to be both classy and casual.

Husband had the salt and pepper squid, and I had the sizzling garlic prawns. We also shared a tomato, basil and feta salad. Husband said that he could have ordered the entree size squid instead of the main, and he's a pretty hearty eater! My prawns were lovely, there were 6 or 7 in garlic oil with a couple of chunks of what looked like baguette. It was all lovely, the food was spot on and the service was excellent. Not cheap, (with two soft drinks, total bill came to $90) but it was worth the money. We would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Great Service, Food and Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's not often that I feel moved to write a review for a restaurant in Perth. Generally the service is poor in this city. However, Kails Brothers in Leederville are an exception. The restaurant is always very clean and tidy and well airconditioned. The service is excellent. Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and attentive without being over bearing. I have eaten here twice in the last week as well as used the venue for coffee 'meetings' over the years. The fish and sea food is very fresh and well prepared and presented. Great choices on the menu from share plates to entree sizes to main meals. Something for everyone.
They also make great coffees and if you want to take some wet fish home for another dauy, you can buy that next door from the same owmers. Kailis' are a WA institution and their reputation for fish and seafood is fantastic. Definitely one of my favourite places! Oh, and th City of Vincent provide free WiFi in Leederville!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Food was good but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My friend and I had lunch at this restaurant and we both ordered fish and chips at about 32.00 for the main size. The dish came with EITHER chips or salad. My fish was grilled very nicely and tasted very good. However, for that price I expected more than just a few lettuce leaves with shaved parmesan on top. No tomatoes, cucumber, not an olive to be seen. I also had to call the waiter to get our order after we were seated, provided with menus and water. So the service was quite not to standard. Considering the prices, I expected more than what we got. My friend also didn't get a lot of chips. I don't think I would go there again. A bit pricey for what you get.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“we would come again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service was excellent.

The taramasalata was beautiful. But it could have included more toast.
The barramundi wings were beautiful.
The scallops were enjoyed.

The crab linguine was considered to have needed a touch more chilli (but that was just being picky).
The presentation of the fish and chips was commented by everyone at the table. Nothing more was said; everything was eaten. So I can only assume that it was good.
The flounder was lovely. It was much bigger than I had anticipated. I suppose that if I had thought about it then I should not have been surprised. It came with roasted potatoes. I would have liked more potatoes. But I enjoy my veges.

The table decided to have dessert. We were all impressed with the way that the choice of the desserts was presented. Our individual choices were enjoyed as was the coffee that accompanied them

Visited October 2013