“Avoid at every opportunity” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 57 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Families with children
Broome, Australia
“Avoid at every opportunity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Appalling. Just Appalling. Wait 5 minutes to be seated only to be handed menus and told to find own table. $24 Ceasar Salad was drenched in dressing, limp and browning lettuce, 3 croutons, and 2 strands of hair. My boys Chicken Parmagarna also had hair in it. Advised staff who apologised with a smirk and then turned and walked away.
This is Broome's premier location and Broome's worst food.
This place makes Sizzlers look like fine dining.
I have been a Broome local for 17 years and this place has always been a joke.
Avoid at every opportunity.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Breakfast not cooked fresh :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Service was good, and the location is perfect for breakfast overlooking cable beach. At first I was impressed at how fast our big brekky's came out until I realized that everything including the hash brown must have come straight out of a Bain marie. When I pay $25 for a breakfast, it needs to be all cooked fresh, I only ever expect Bainmarie food from a "all you can eat buffet". Serving size is generous, so if they could cook it fresh next time it would be much better. Nothing worse than a cold big brekky.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Broome
“Horrible Food,Terrible service, Rude chef”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Ordered Tempura battered fish & chips --- Received dark crunchy battered overcooked fish that smelt. The fish was not tempura battered at all or fresh - it was that overcooked there was little fish inside the batter. After complaining to the waitress and requesting a replacement meal our table had an unkempt, scruffy, face pierced, grubby man approach the table telling me that he was not cooking my meal again and that it was tempura batter - this was the HEAD chef - are your serious ..... no I did not get another meal - nor did the group of 4 I was meant to be dining with ... we all got up and left. My advice to the cook ... continue your apprenticeship...maybe next year there will be a semester on batter and how to apply it to food!! Terrible service

Visited January 2012
Wickham, Australia
“our "wedding"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

sadly Zanders were not accommodating at all for our wedding reception. as plans were being oraganised it all sounded perfect, private tables on the decking overlooking the beach and table decorations set up, access to the front grassed area and play groung for the kids to have fun. on the night we arrived we had a table in the restaurant packed with people aroung us, not exactly private could bearly get to my seat, printed stubby holders no where to be seen and then the service began all night wrong drinks and food and the waitress dropped a prawn cocktail down the groomesmens back. i was so heartbroken that "peta" the so called wedding planner would allow such a thing on someones wedding day. i would never recommend this venue for a wedding. really disappointed!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Amazing place to have dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had dinner here after our Qantas flight was delayed for several hours. We had the seafood platter and it was fantastic. Way too much food, but awesome quality and great service

Visited January 2012