Overall we were disappointed at our experience at the Oaks Cable Beach. There were some positives: spacious rooms, comfortable beds, apartment had washing machine and dryer, polite and helpful staff, lovely surroundings and gardens, a quiet and relaxing spot.
However, on the negative side: the pool was very cold - not helpful when you have come for a relaxing holiday/conference and intend to swim daily as the temperatures were an average of 30 Degrees C. I was in the pool everyday anyway, as the beautilful Cable Beach is a 10 minute walk away, so if you need to cool off quickly or have young children, the pool is your best option. Everyone I spoke to also remarked at being surprised at how cold the pool was. The resort also seemed to lack a reasonable standard of maintenance. We found it difficult to walk from our unit at the back of the resort to the front, at night, as quite a few of the outside lights weren't working and it was difficult to see were you were going at times. Our unit which seemed pretty modern was a bit rough in places for example, holes in the bathroom wall where the towel rail had fallen off and been put back repeatedly. Both the loungers on the deck of our room were falllng apart. One had a large hole in it making it unuseable, so I asked if it could be replaced. It was taken away a day later, but wasn't replaced during our stay (a futher four days).
Overall, just average, and we probably wouldn't come back again.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Apartments Cable Beach Hotel Broome
- Grand Mercure Apartments Cable Beach Hotel
- Broome Sanctuary Hotel
- Clarion Broome
- Broome Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located just a short walk from the pristine sands of Cable Beach, and just a 5 minute drive from Chinatown and the heart of Broome, you can relax at this luxury Resort with the latest in modern facilities and amenities. The Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort features elegant modern designs which draw on traditional Broome architecture and colours. With fastidious attention to detail, these studio rooms and apartments introduce a new level of quality to the region nestled amongst landscaped tropical gardens and lagoon style pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.