We stayed for 2 nights leading into a Kimberley camping trip and another 2 nights on return. We booked on a booking site at $170pn with guaranteed room upgrade and got a very nice room in new section on top floor overlooking the park to the ocean. Fridge ice section totally frozen over though and sink part blocked. Told them and presumably this was fixed after we left. Tried to book ahead for another 2 nights 12 nights later and was told $250 and no discounts. Went to an internet cafe and booked at $190 with another guaranteed upgrade. Annoyed with this pricing attitude and would have booked elsewhere but no comparable value - Broome accomm not cheap.
Restaurant average and expensive. Staff there good.
Overall the hotel was value for the money (when you pay this rate) and being opposite Matso's boutique brewery/restaurant with quite a good pool and only a 15 to 20 minute walk into Chinatown and the centre.
I agree with another reviewer that the Noodlefish Restaurant is great and trying all the flavours of beer at Matso's is a must. Chilli Beer?? You've got to be kidding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Inn Continental Broome is set between a vast red desert and azure blue sea, Just walking distance from the heart of Broome, and only 10 minute drive from the spectacular pristine white sands of Cable Beach, making the Mercure Inn Continental Broome the ideal location to explore Broome and it’s surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Broome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Broome Hotel Broome
- Mercure Hotel Continental Broome
- Accor Hotel Continental Broome