The location of this resort is the only 5 star thing about it. We stayed in a villa which was quite nice but didn't live up to the photos on the website. It was lovely having our own plunge pool but the courtyard was a bit scruffy with some half dead plants in the gardens which did detract from the ambience of the area, it also did not look like the photos on the website.
The villas come with 'Butler Service' We did sleep through the canape service on the first day...our fault. Day 2 we were in the courtyard enjoying the pool. I had the chain on the door and was listening out for the doorbell...... no canapes. I later tried the doorbell and found it did not work. I reported it and was assured it would be fixed, was still not working when we checked out 3 days later.
When I mentioned the non delivery of canapes to our butler the third day his response was "You had the chain on the door and I could not get in" hmmmm the chain would have been off and door opened as soon as I heard the doorbell!!!
It was only a small thing but it was annoying. Having said that,the man acting as butler was lovely and friendly, as were all of the staff.
The light above the front door did not work which made it difficult returning to the room after dinner.
I also had to ring housekeeping to ask for more tea bags and milk as they were never topped up during the room service.
We ate at the bar area of the Sunset Bar and Grill first night, my husband had a Mexican Chicken Pizza, it was bland and tastless.
Next night we dined at the Thai pearl. The food was ok, nothing to get excited about but oh so expensive.
Next we tried the Sunset Bar and grill, inside at the grill, really ordinary food at huge prices. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a premium , especially at remote places, but the food was just bad. It was almost impossible to order a healthy meal.
The food at this resort is outrageously overpriced, with the exception of the Club Restaurant.
If you stay here, do yourself a favour and eat here every night.
Our last dinner was at the Club Restuarant and I almost cancelled this dinner as everything else had been so bad. I am so glad I didn't. The food was excellent. It was only slightly more expensive than the other restaurants but the food quality was worlds apart. It was the crowning glory of the stay.
There are lots of family groups staying at this resort so the adults only pool area was great. Overall it was a relaxing holiday but the overall ambience was of a Butlins Holiday Camp
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa is the only resort in Broome with views overlooking Cable Beach. The Resort is a 26 acre haven set amongst tranquil gardens and featuring a range of accommodation options, suited to the most discerning guests. Our facilities include two pools, including one for adults only, the other a family pool with outdoor spa and a new children’s water playground and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cable Beach Club Resort And Spa
- Cable Beach Club Hotel Broome
- Cable Beach Hotel
- Cable Beach Broome